Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bulk Price Quotes

As a seller, it's important to price my listing with the correct profit. A major player in the COG is shipping.
    At this time, ShipStation only provides the option to get a price quote for one weigh/size/destination at a time.
    What I have to do currently is, enter the furthest zone as a destination, enter a starting weight (and measurement). Find the best price for the kind of shipping service (usually the least expensive) and then change the weight (and measurement) to get the cost for another quantity or product.
    It would be much more convenient if I could have…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Archive Delivery Exceptions

As you know our United States Postal service is not know for efficiency. Many times shipment status is not updated, especially when something out of the ordinary happens. This leaves a list of order shipments in your delivery exceptions page, with no way to get them out of there. You need to have a way to archive these stragglers, when the carrier stops sending updated API. If we had some way to Archive them it would make this page much more useful! Maybe add a comment about how it was resolved when it is Archived.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Send a second email indicating update to shipment

The idea here is when you possibly ship/print the label. instantly the customer gets an email. Well it would be nice if you made a change to that shipment, because you voided it or whatever it may be. that when you reship that package, that the second email would be sent over with a different message in the realm of: "your package has been updated, please find your new tracking number here"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exporting Tracking with URL links

I would like to have a way to export large numbers of tracking numbers in the shipment export feature so that they have links embedded in each tracking number. This would be especially helpful when sending tracking to customers who have ordered hundreds of shipments at once. Cutting and pasting each individual one from the order details page is too painful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please Add the "No confirmation" or "Online Confirmation option For UPS Surepost Bulk Update

I am unable to bulk update UPS sure post "No confirmation" or "Online Confirmation"...can this be added? I have to go in to each order individually to update which is not why i signed up for Ship station. Please advise. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Save order mid-verify to return to later

I hope all is well. I am looking to use my scanner to verify products in an order. Specifically I would like to scan the products that i have for an order and save that data in that order. This way i can go back later to this order and can see what i have in that orders box already and what products that i do not have in that order. Also be able to export that data. Appreciate your help

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. End of Day Manifests in Bulk

For Aus Post/StarTrack Orders - Under Shipments > End of Day

Currently, you have to close your orders off by shipment date or by the date the labels were printed on.

This could lead the users to overlook manifesting for some orders if they were only doing this process weekly.

This should be displayed as a general list, per ORDERS > AWAITING SHIPMENT (as an example). A filter option feature could then be added, so the user could filter by day.

It would be handy if you could just automate this process, under your automation section.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add a copy order function

Sometimes I cannot use an Amazon buy shipping for prime order. I have to manually copy the order, ship it and then upload tracking to Amazon

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. BOGO Discounts Coming into ShipStation as Line Items

ShipStation is importing all of our Shopify Orders with any Discounts/Coupons as added as single line items. It's wreaking havoc with our QA system. Is there any way we can get this single line item for discounts/coupons turned off? We want to see the discount in the order but as a note not a lineitem.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Combine Shipping Automatically or Mark a Tag

When clicking on an order to start shipping, get notified that there's another pending order going to same address, if want to merge the two shipments as one.

Or, add an automation rule where you can tag multiple orders that are awaiting to be shipped that are going to same address or same customer so we're aware, instead of having to check order alerts every time for combining orders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Use of the "Paid Date" in a Custom Store integration

In the ShipStation Order Details there are two dates available, "Order Date" and "Paid Date." I am seeing that the Order Date is coming through fine, but the Paid Date is always the same as the Order Date. I was thinking that the Paid Date should be when the order in our system is updated to ShipStations "Paid Status", but it is not. I had an order that was placed weeks ago, and just updated to the Paid Status yesterday. In the Order Details, the Paid Date was the same as the original date that the order was placed in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add "To Buyer" property to Create/Update Order API endpoint

The "To Buyer" property is used in our workflow for gift messages to be printed on the packing slip for a shipment. Currently, this property is not accessible via any API endpoint.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Mobile and Email alerts for seperate orders that should be combined and shipped together

Shipstation already has the feature to show an alert in the "alerts" tab for two open orders that are shiping to the same address.

it would be excellent if this was implemented to bothe the mobile platform as a mobile notification and an email triggered to the stores support staff

by doing this you could then be notified automatically of possible combined shipments. The way it is now, you have to manually check the alerts tab. this is not scalable in large production shops.

Please add email trigger when alert for possible combined shipments exists.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. magento notes

"Notes from Buyer" Is not currently supported to be mapped over from Magento into Shipstation. We need this available because customers say shipping related inquires that we need. Like "PACK WELL" or "LEAVE AT BACK DOOR!"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bulk Edit; Add notes into a BATCH and not JUST from the awaiting shipments screen!

SS used to have the feature where you could bulk edit and add a note to a batch that has been created, opposed to just doing it from the awaiting shipments screen (bulk or individual).

Please bring this feature back!

As an example,

if we have 500 orders and need to go through about 200 of them to find 30 specific orders to batch, it's much easier to dump them in a batch as you go, and then add the bulk edit (add a note) from the batch itself, not from the awaiting shipment screen.
    (This isn't something that can…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can you add a feature to the other actions drop down to move an order to refunded?

This way when running a report it doesn't show up as a revenue since it wasn't cancelled. Most times people request a refund from the bank without ever returning the product so not only did we not make money we lost inventory in the process so making something to track that in ShipStation would be so helpful for my business.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Time Filters

Being able to filter reports not only from a specific date range but also time range. (ex: filter for orders on 3/29/2021 after 12pm). Adding a specific time filter can help with live inventory reports.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 'Time imported' as a column

It would be really awesome if 'time imported' was a selectable column to choose from so that one could, for example, be able to filter orders placed all before the cut-off time of that date, for one's company, so shipping can be correct and accurate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show orders packed and labeled but not yet picked up in Pending Fulfillment

I need to be able to have orders go to pending fulfillment so that the warehouse knows what has been packaged or not. Right now it's confusing because as soon as a label is created, it's marked as shipped. It makes no sense that there is no step in between so that there is a differentiator between a package that is picked and awaiting pick-up and simply has a generated shipping label.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Custom Store Needs Configurable Date Range

When setting up a custom store, the orders that are pulled into ShipStation only go back seven days. I need to go back much further than that for many of my web stores that don't fulfill orders for months. As such, I need to be able to input a date range on how far to go back, as contacting support every time I need a range further out than seven days is not sufficient.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base