Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fedex ground collect

Please add Fedex Ground Collect. This should be included and I am surprised its not. Almost every big box store I have ever shipped for requires Fedex Ground Collect. Thanks.

85 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi everyone – Thanks for all of your feedback on this! To understand this better, it would helpful if you could let us know why this is important for you, what you are wanting to achieve and your current workflow today? We’d like for this idea to gain some traction, so feel free to provide us with more detail on this and your workflow.

2. Automated email for Reports

It would be awesome to have an option to automatically send a certain report criteria. For example the ability to automatically send and excel report of daily shipments to myself. Or a monthly report for shipping cost.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Daniel, thank you for adding your idea! Are you only interested in the shipping cost report or are you looking to generate several weekly/monthly reports? Would this just be for you or for other eyes as well?

3. Unicode (non-Roman characters) support

We have a company store that sells to the world market. Countries in Asia (Chinese/Japanese/Korean) use 2-byte, non-Roman, unicode characters in their names and addresses. These address will have last characters filtered or altered when printed. It is annoying and risky to loss, not able to print them properly. As more and more companies sells internationally, it is good to prepare ShipStation ready for world markets.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

ShipStation does already support unicode characters. Orders using these characters can be imported successfully and other documents, like packing slips, can print from ShipStation with these characters (see this example of an order using Kanji in the Ship To address with a packing slip in ShipStation: https://www.screencast.com/t/F0v4sm81hEls)

However, many carrier label APIs will not accept these characters when we send them with the label request, which is why they often print with the ??? in place of the characters. This is why we recommend translating the Ship To address to use Roman characters.

However, as part of our expansion into non-English speaking markets and general internationalization effort, we’ll be looking into what carriers don’t have this limitation so we can provide more thorough documentation around it later in 2021. For any carrier that does accept unicode characters and can print them on the label,…

4. Allow ShipStation to update altered orders from Shopify... not just orders that have been canceled.

I use Shopify to gather my website orders. From there they are imported into various stores set up in ShipStation.

Why can't ShipStation update an order that has been altered in Shopify? For example, lets say an order is imported into ShipStation from Shopify. I realize that the order is missing an item which I then have to refund back to the customer. I do the refund in Shopify, but when I re-import orders from Shopify back into ShipStation, the order still shows the full list of items in the "Order Items" list... the refunded item(s) are still present. It…

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!

We are currently working on this option for our Shopify users. If you’d be interested in trying out this feature, we can enable it for you upon request.

Please contact our support team and request we enable the Shopify Line Item Adjustments feature.

5. More Shipment Columns

I would like to have the option of having more columns on the shipments page so that I can customize what I see according to our companies needs. we use some of the custom fields as well as other important fields to mark our orders and it would be a lot easier if we would be able to see those fields on the main shipment page.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A partnership with lightspeed

check out lightspeedretail.com, it is a complete POS for retail brick and mortar and webstore, does the inventory, enables you to check inventory from anywhere you can get a wifi connection! Works off a laptop, iPad and iPhone, good for trade shows, etc etc, a shipping interface would be PERFECT!

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

7. ebay ship by date

would love it if shipstation would pull the ship by date from ebay like it dose for amazon orders thanks

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add UPS SurePost to rate calculator

UPS SurePost does not show in the rate calculator when trying to determine the cheapest method for Free Shipping.

Can we get all UPS and FedEx US Postal Delivery shipping methods (i.e. UPS SurePost & Fedex SmartPost) to show in the calculator?

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and comments.

We are investigating whether this will be possible with the UPS Surepost API and integration requirements. We will update this thread when we know more and can determine if it’s possible to accomplish this request.

9. Billing/Shipping address mismatch notification

BILLING/SHIPPING ADDRESS MISMATCH NOTIFICATION Fraud Prevention Idea

One of the biggest red flags in a fraudulent transaction with a stolen credit card is that the Billing Address and Shipping Address DO NOT MATCH.

I believe ShipStation should have a literal RED FLAG column in the orders screen that shows a RED FLAG when there is a mismatch between the billing address and shipping address. This way we can go in and look at the order in more detail to see if there is further indication a stolen credit card was used.

This would save us LOTS of money. For example,…

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your input, everyone! The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

In the meantime, please provide as much detail as you can in this forum about how you detect fraud today or how many times a day/week you come across fraudulent orders. We’d like to hear input from other users as well!

10. Allow us to delete canceled orders

There should be a way to delete orders from the 'canceled' tab - sometimes an import doesn't go quite right, or perhaps you created the order to get a shipping cost for a customer who backed out - there's no reason to keep all that data in the canceled tab.
    Furthermore, and more importantly - if it's a botched import - you have to change to all new order #'s or re-importing will only update the already botched orders (and if it's the order # that's botched, you're way out of luck.)

Let us delete canceled orders.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Dave, thank you for bringing this up! You’re right, the order number is the identifier in which we can look for to update order information. For example, if you mis-mapped product name and SKU you can re-import the file with the existing order numbers to update these fields.

One other thing you can look into is deactivating your manual store and creating a new one. This will hide all orders associated with this store.

And if you’re looking to create shipping rates, have you looked into the rate calculator? This will let you provide quotes to potential customers or for you to get a better understanding of the available shipping services. Here’s more information on this: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901588

Please let us know here in the forum what you think!

11. mercari (the selling app) store

I ship lots of packages to buyers on Mercari. Would love to be able to use ShipStation for printing my labels.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pick list to get product location from inventory location, not the "Warehouse Location" field

Just as the title suggests, it would be great to be able to have the pick list get the products location based on the location in inventory, not by the warehouse location field. That field has to be manually updated. A products inventory location is constantly changing, or same products in split locations, manually updating that field just to generate a pick list is very cumbersome.

It would also be great if it gets the location that has the least amount of inventory first.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More user friendly Internal Notes

There should be an add button to add a new notes and after saving it will automatically pre-populate the user who made the note, the date of the net, and the note itself. This way for companies like us over 30+ users, it will be easier to track who made the note and when. As a user coming from ShipWorks, this is a very organized and useful feature to have.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We need the ability to manipulate rates or show no rates for each user. We need to be able add handling charges as a percentage or fixed $

We need the ability to manipulate rates or show no rates for each user. Both UPS and FedEx have this feature in ups.com CampusShip and fedex.com ShipAdmin. We have many users and / or third party vendors that use our accounts and we charge them additionally or public rates when using our UPS/FedEx account. We need to be able add handling charges as a percentage or fixed amounts on top of base shipping charges. For some users, we’d like to hide the rates completely. This is common practice in shipping industry and we’re surprised you don’t have that configuration option…

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, @gosatest, thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep this in mind, but for now we’d like to see if other users are experiencing similar business challenges to yours before moving forward.

15. Be able to select service on Branded Return Portal

The branded return portal is awesome! I would love to use the feature but cannot based on the return service and package type default. There should be an option to select the original service and package type used on the order.

For example, if I use USPS for my default return and a customer has a big heavy item, I tested this on an order by the way, it will cost $90.00 for USPS vs. $40.00 for UPS. If I use UPS for my default service and it's a small light item, it will cost $9.40 vs. $2.80 for First…

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  19 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "commercial invoice"

Customs 2014: Combine all requests for fixes (actually government requirements) to Customs forms (both Commercial Invoices and the 3 possible Certificate of Origins) so that they are completely system generated within ShipStation.

currently there are about a dozen different requests to all focused on the incomplete customs forms generated out of SS. if you cant API to our existing complete and customs compliant forms from FedEx or UPS, please allow us a template to merge out SS shipping info onto.

for any export orders over $2600, the failure of SS to go out to census.gov to get and print the…

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We need to determine if this is possible through the carrier API. We do not actually generate any of the Commercial Invoices or Customs Forms. We send the shipment information to the carrier, then they generate the form in realtime and send it back to ShipStation so you can easily manage/print it. We will let you know once we have an update.

Thanks again for your request,
    ShipStation

17. Xero

Many retailers in the UK use XERO for invoicing, accounting and tracking their inventory. We think XERO and Shipstation could be synchronised.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Multi Package Shipping for more UK carriers

The vast majority of our orders require more than one box and therefore have to be manually fulfilled.
    DPD support multi package shipping so please add this to the UK integration

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. edit order shopify

At this time with Shopify's new order editing feature, shipstation currently only supports adding line items to current orders.

We would like the feature to also support removal of items as well. Otherwise we have to split orders which is not efficient.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. integrate amazon.NL as a store

amazon.NL is missing. It is a brand new amazon marketplace and it is not yet available as a store option in ShipStation. I hope it soon will be.
    Please Shipstation - just do it!

70 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base