Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

The ShipStation Feedback Forum collects your ideas and allows you to vote and comment on other ideas so our product team can understand what new features are most important to you or what business challenges we need to address next.

Everyone has 20 votes to spend on ideas that are important to them (but you can comment as much as you like). 

While all ideas will get reviewed, it's simply not possible for all ideas to make it onto the product roadmap. The more activity an idea has, however, the more likely it is to be considered. So, be sure to check if your idea has already been posted so you can add your votes and comments to it! 

Suggestions for Writing a Great Idea Post

• Write a title to succinctly summarize your post. Other users should be able to identify if their idea is similar to yours just by reading the title so they will know to vote and comment on it!
  • Explain the problem you are trying to solve and what you think should be added or changed in ShipStation to solve this problem. 
  • Describe how you would use this feature or how you think it should function to serve your need.
  • Attach a screenshot to help illustrate your point. 
  • Put the idea in the category that best fits what you are trying to accomplish (for example: Order Management, Insights & Reporting, or Printing & Documents).

What to Expect With an Idea 

Our moderators will regularly review posts to ensure:
    • They are categorized in a logical way. If not, they may move them to the proper category. 
    • The title accurately reflects the idea content so others can understand. If not, they may edit the post title to help others identify posts they want to vote and comment on.
    • That posts are really ideas and not bug reports or issues that require contacting our support team. 
    • That any request that has an existing solution or can be accomplished with existing features gets a response to let everyone know a solution or feature already exists and how to learn about it.
Our moderators will also update the statuses of posts as they are considered by our product team. If an idea makes it onto the roadmap, we'll update the idea status from Planned to Started to Completed as work progresses on the idea. If an idea is declined or archived, our moderator will update the status to indicate so and you will receive your votes back to use on other ideas in the future. 

Finally, if more information is needed on an idea, the moderator will post a reply to ask for them. If it is your idea or you have commented on the idea, you should receive an email notification when this occurs.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ebay ship by date

would love it if shipstation would pull the ship by date from ebay like it dose for amazon orders thanks

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fedex ground collect

Please add Fedex Ground Collect. This should be included and I am surprised its not. Almost every big box store I have ever shipped for requires Fedex Ground Collect. Thanks.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone – Thanks for all of your feedback on this! To understand this better, it would helpful if you could let us know why this is important for you, what you are wanting to achieve and your current workflow today? We’d like for this idea to gain some traction, so feel free to provide us with more detail on this and your workflow.

3. DHL eCommerce SmartMail Parcel Expedited Max

This shipping option is a game changer for expedited domestic shipping. Guaranteed 2-3 business day delivery broken down by the ounce at under 1 pound. Only problem? ShipStation / Endica won't integrate this one shipping method, forcing us to use a CSV batch upload process that's ridiculous to get the job done.

Bottom line? I'm still using CSV because the savings are worth it. Integrate the shipping method already and be done with it.

78 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback.

Support for DHL ecommerce MAX services is not currently on the roadmap, however, we’d like to get a better understand of the interest and demand around this.

We are setting this topic as Under Review and encourage those interested in using this service class in ShipStation to vote on this thread and leave any comments about how this would serve your business.

4. "commercial invoice"

Customs 2014: Combine all requests for fixes (actually government requirements) to Customs forms (both Commercial Invoices and the 3 possible Certificate of Origins) so that they are completely system generated within ShipStation.currently there are about a dozen different requests to all focused on the incomplete customs forms generated out of SS. if you cant API to our existing complete and customs compliant forms from FedEx or UPS, please allow us a template to merge out SS shipping info onto.for any export orders over $2600, the failure of SS to go out to census.gov to get and print the required Electronic…

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We need to determine if this is possible through the carrier API. We do not actually generate any of the Commercial Invoices or Customs Forms. We send the shipment information to the carrier, then they generate the form in realtime and send it back to ShipStation so you can easily manage/print it. We will let you know once we have an update.

Thanks again for your request,
    ShipStation

5. More user friendly Internal Notes

There should be an add button to add a new notes and after saving it will automatically pre-populate the user who made the note, the date of the net, and the note itself. This way for companies like us over 30+ users, it will be easier to track who made the note and when. As a user coming from ShipWorks, this is a very organized and useful feature to have.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customizable Views and User Permissions

Ability to further customize what each user sees in ShipStation (Shipped, Cancelled tabs on the left side of page)When we have people join our shipping team, I know that ShipStation can be a bit overwhelming. So the simpler and more straightforward the layout, the easy it is to train people. What it accomplishes: Easy way to train new employees.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. inventory api

I would love to be able to determine product counts through the API.
    This allows me to do things like automatically order certain things as they run low on stock.

We have different manufacturers sending products to a single warehouse and it is very tedious to have a manual process around checking that the quantity that was received was the proper amount, and that we aren't running low on things like packing slips.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  12 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add UPS SurePost to rate calculator

UPS SurePost does not show in the rate calculator when trying to determine the cheapest method for Free Shipping.

Can we get all UPS and FedEx US Postal Delivery shipping methods (i.e. UPS SurePost & Fedex SmartPost) to show in the calculator?

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback and comments.

We are investigating whether this will be possible with the UPS Surepost API and integration requirements. We will update this thread when we know more and can determine if it’s possible to accomplish this request.

9. Billing/Shipping address mismatch notification

BILLING/SHIPPING ADDRESS MISMATCH NOTIFICATION Fraud Prevention IdeaOne of the biggest red flags in a fraudulent transaction with a stolen credit card is that the Billing Address and Shipping Address DO NOT MATCH. I believe ShipStation should have a literal RED FLAG column in the orders screen that shows a RED FLAG when there is a mismatch between the billing address and shipping address. This way we can go in and look at the order in more detail to see if there is further indication a stolen credit card was used.This would save us LOTS of money. For example, in the…

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your input, everyone! The product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

In the meantime, please provide as much detail as you can in this forum about how you detect fraud today or how many times a day/week you come across fraudulent orders. We’d like to hear input from other users as well!

10. Xero

Many retailers in the UK use XERO for invoicing, accounting and tracking their inventory. We think XERO and Shipstation could be synchronised.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pick list to get product location from inventory location, not the "Warehouse Location" field

Just as the title suggests, it would be great to be able to have the pick list get the products location based on the location in inventory, not by the warehouse location field. That field has to be manually updated. A products inventory location is constantly changing, or same products in split locations, manually updating that field just to generate a pick list is very cumbersome.

It would also be great if it gets the location that has the least amount of inventory first.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A partnership with lightspeed

check out lightspeedretail.com, it is a complete POS for retail brick and mortar and webstore, does the inventory, enables you to check inventory from anywhere you can get a wifi connection! Works off a laptop, iPad and iPhone, good for trade shows, etc etc, a shipping interface would be PERFECT!

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

13. Allow ShipStation to update altered orders from Shopify... not just orders that have been canceled.

I use Shopify to gather my website orders. From there they are imported into various stores set up in ShipStation.

Why can't ShipStation update an order that has been altered in Shopify? For example, lets say an order is imported into ShipStation from Shopify. I realize that the order is missing an item which I then have to refund back to the customer. I do the refund in Shopify, but when I re-import orders from Shopify back into ShipStation, the order still shows the full list of items in the "Order Items" list... the refunded item(s) are still present. It…

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!

We are currently working on this option for our Shopify users. If you’d be interested in trying out this feature, we can enable it for you upon request.

Please contact our support team and request we enable the Shopify Line Item Adjustments feature.

14. Allow us to delete canceled orders

There should be a way to delete orders from the 'canceled' tab - sometimes an import doesn't go quite right, or perhaps you created the order to get a shipping cost for a customer who backed out - there's no reason to keep all that data in the canceled tab.
    Furthermore, and more importantly - if it's a botched import - you have to change to all new order #'s or re-importing will only update the already botched orders (and if it's the order # that's botched, you're way out of luck.)

Let us delete canceled orders.

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Dave, thank you for bringing this up! You’re right, the order number is the identifier in which we can look for to update order information. For example, if you mis-mapped product name and SKU you can re-import the file with the existing order numbers to update these fields.

One other thing you can look into is deactivating your manual store and creating a new one. This will hide all orders associated with this store.

And if you’re looking to create shipping rates, have you looked into the rate calculator? This will let you provide quotes to potential customers or for you to get a better understanding of the available shipping services. Here’s more information on this: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901588

Please let us know here in the forum what you think!

15. Automated email for Reports

It would be awesome to have an option to automatically send a certain report criteria. For example the ability to automatically send and excel report of daily shipments to myself. Or a monthly report for shipping cost.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Daniel, thank you for adding your idea! Are you only interested in the shipping cost report or are you looking to generate several weekly/monthly reports? Would this just be for you or for other eyes as well?

16. We need the ability to manipulate rates or show no rates for each user. We need to be able add handling charges as a percentage or fixed $

We need the ability to manipulate rates or show no rates for each user. Both UPS and FedEx have this feature in ups.com CampusShip and fedex.com ShipAdmin. We have many users and / or third party vendors that use our accounts and we charge them additionally or public rates when using our UPS/FedEx account. We need to be able add handling charges as a percentage or fixed amounts on top of base shipping charges. For some users, we’d like to hide the rates completely. This is common practice in shipping industry and we’re surprised you don’t have that configuration option…

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, @gosatest, thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep this in mind, but for now we’d like to see if other users are experiencing similar business challenges to yours before moving forward.

17. mercari (the selling app) store

I ship lots of packages to buyers on Mercari. Would love to be able to use ShipStation for printing my labels.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to select service on Branded Return Portal

The branded return portal is awesome! I would love to use the feature but cannot based on the return service and package type default. There should be an option to select the original service and package type used on the order.

For example, if I use USPS for my default return and a customer has a big heavy item, I tested this on an order by the way, it will cost $90.00 for USPS vs. $40.00 for UPS. If I use UPS for my default service and it's a small light item, it will cost $9.40 vs. $2.80 for First…

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add U-PIC (UPIC) insurance

Please add U-PIC insurance (u-pic.com) since it is cheaper than ShipSurance and hassle free to file a claim.

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request/voting and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will review an integration with U-PIC and let you know once we have an update.

In the meantime, you can always select “Other” as the insurance provider in ShipStation, then add the insurance to the package outside of ShipStation.

Thanks again!
    ShipStation

20. edit order shopify

At this time with Shopify's new order editing feature, shipstation currently only supports adding line items to current orders.

We would like the feature to also support removal of items as well. Otherwise we have to split orders which is not efficient.

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base