Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

The ShipStation Feedback Forum collects your ideas and allows you to vote and comment on other ideas so our product team can understand what new features are most important to you or what business challenges we need to address next.

Everyone has 20 votes to spend on ideas that are important to them (but you can comment as much as you like). 

While all ideas will get reviewed, it's simply not possible for all ideas to make it onto the product roadmap. The more activity an idea has, however, the more likely it is to be considered. So, be sure to check if your idea has already been posted so you can add your votes and comments to it! 

Suggestions for Writing a Great Idea Post

• Write a title to succinctly summarize your post. Other users should be able to identify if their idea is similar to yours just by reading the title so they will know to vote and comment on it!
  • Explain the problem you are trying to solve and what you think should be added or changed in ShipStation to solve this problem. 
  • Describe how you would use this feature or how you think it should function to serve your need.
  • Attach a screenshot to help illustrate your point. 
  • Put the idea in the category that best fits what you are trying to accomplish (for example: Order Management, Insights & Reporting, or Printing & Documents).

What to Expect With an Idea 

Our moderators will regularly review posts to ensure:
    • They are categorized in a logical way. If not, they may move them to the proper category. 
    • The title accurately reflects the idea content so others can understand. If not, they may edit the post title to help others identify posts they want to vote and comment on.
    • That posts are really ideas and not bug reports or issues that require contacting our support team. 
    • That any request that has an existing solution or can be accomplished with existing features gets a response to let everyone know a solution or feature already exists and how to learn about it.
Our moderators will also update the statuses of posts as they are considered by our product team. If an idea makes it onto the roadmap, we'll update the idea status from Planned to Started to Completed as work progresses on the idea. If an idea is declined or archived, our moderator will update the status to indicate so and you will receive your votes back to use on other ideas in the future. 

Finally, if more information is needed on an idea, the moderator will post a reply to ask for them. If it is your idea or you have commented on the idea, you should receive an email notification when this occurs.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shipstation incorrectly updated addresses

Shipstation is incorrectly updated addresses to completely different address when validating. I spoke to customer support and they suggested I add in this comment here.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bulk update to remove TAGS field.

I would like shipstation product bulk update to be able to REMOVE tags . Currently, you can only add tag to the products via bulk upload.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Able to Upload warehouse location via inventory template

Currently, can only use product template and upload to change warehouse location info.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. please add a feature that automatically chooses the cheapest service for each order. its very time consuming for me to select the cheapest s

please add a feature that automatically chooses the cheapest service for each order. its very time consuming for me to select the cheapest service for each order.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Feedback Page Link

please add a link in shipstation to the feedback form, thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sync Products from Shopify or QuickBooks Commerce to Shipstation

It would be a great added featured if you could sync the product information from Shopify or QuickBooks Commerce since all of our product information is already loaded with sku, title and UPC which currently we have to manually import using .csv files. Since all the data is needed for us to do ship verification through Shipstation this would be great to have. Thank you and if you need to contact me for more information please do so at trish@campmor.com.

Trish

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. cscart no longer working with current versions

We would like to use ShipStation with our ecommerce site software CSCART. However while it is listed as a connection, it only works we versions of CSCART that are very old and out of date, over 3 years old.
    Can you please try to update support for a more current version of CSCART. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better presentation of information on Shipment:Recent page

I print labels, my pickers prepare the boxes for UPS, FedEx, and USPS. Once the shippers scan the box its in their hands, but until then, the box isn't shipped.

Your tracking column shows a little icon in front that can be a question mark, airplane, check mark. My problem is that once the label is printed, it shows an airplane. When you hover over the airplane, there is more information like: ready for pickup, origin scan, destination scan, in transit.

Most of these are great, but ready for pickup means it hasn't been picked up, and if it stays…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. comment sold

Please create an integration with Comment Sold! I use this program for all of my orders. Currently it doesn't sync all orders, It doesn't send tracking numbers for many orders, and I can't see bin locations when shipping. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Samcart

Needs to integrate with ShipStation

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multiple Boxes - Aggregate Shipments -

Multiple Packages going to the same address currently require an individual entry for each box. When working directly with FedEx or UPS you can do an aggregated shipment, where the weight of all the boxes is combined into 1 entry it's a huge time saver. I have a shipment today 35 boxes, 452lbs. this is 35 entries in your system, with FedEx it's just one entry and 35 labels print. It would be great to be able to use ShipStation for these types of shipments instead of going directly to FedEx.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Revel

Connect with Shipping orders in Revel POS to connect with online platform. We use Shopify online and integrate with ShipStation for shipping performance. We use Revel POS in our retail stores and we struggle with shipping options out of Revel.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Truncate City name

WHEN shipping can we have a system option to always truncate city instead of showing and coming up as something to OK.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Save tracked delivery proof for USPS tracked orders, as numbers are recycled

Because USPS recycles tracking numbers more frequently now, when looking up a tracking for a claim USPS has already recycled the number - which some scammers use to their advantage. If upon delivery a screenshot of something we could use as proof of delivery was saved in the sale file, it would help for those times when months later a customer claims something wasn't delivered but the number was recycled.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Accounting - Categorize Shipping expenses.

I need to categorize the Shipping expenses by Type of client / account.
    B2B / B2C / Wholesale / Supply chain...

How can we make this happend?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. EEI Filings now required for all shipments to China, Russia and Venezuela. Please update your integrations

Please update your integrations with Fedex, UPS, DHL so this filing can be entered in as it is now required for all shipments regardless of value. "previously $2,500"

effective September 27, 2020, US exports of all other ECCN items destined for CN, RU and VE require an EEI to be filed in AES regardless of whether a license is required or the value of the items.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/electronic-export-information.html

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pick List needs 4x6 Format Option

It is much faster and cheaper to print the picking ticket (Pick List) on the same 4x6 label printer. We've been doing it this way for years on another system. Currently the pick list is formatted only for 8.5x11 paper so if you print it on label paper you can barely read it. Forcing me to print on a laser printer makes me have to go to another room. Please add a 4x6 format to the pick list options. I assure you everyone will love it!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use 3rd party accounts to pay for taxes and duties

We would like to option to use 3rd party brokerage accounts to pay for taxes and duties when shipping internationally.
    Right now, you do not have that option. You only have either the shipper pays for it or the recipient pays for it.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. tag automation

It would save me (& a lot of my fellow store owners) if we could create an automation based on a tag being added!

Like if I add a certain tag to an order, it fires an automation off (like sending an email to a customer for example) -- this would save me SOOO MUCH time. And many others.

There are often a lot of error addresses so I would love to be able to add a "ERROR" tag and then it fires off an automation to send to the customer to help get the correct address. We do this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. API automation of mail rules

Shipments created via the API have the mail rules applied automatically and when the API call for the label is made it reflects the updated consignment details in the label .

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base