Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. returns

Hi, Since the new Returns update, I am having trouble printing return labels. How about adding a "Print label now" function that works like it used to? Currently the only options we are seeing is "email customer" and download pdf. When we download, we have to figure out where it was saved, then when we try to print it, the printer settings are all messed up. Old method was click print. Done. How about adding 3rd option "Print Now" that uses the regular shipping label default printer settings?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Fields not passed through for Marked as Shipped orders

When manually marking an order as shipped and notifying marketplace the <CustomField1/>, <CustomField2/> and <CustomField3/> fields are NOT being sent in the ShipNotice XML response via the XML API integration. Orders shipped normally by a carrier (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc...) do contain these fields when sent in the ShipNotice XML.

Can you please address this inconsistent behavior? It's causing failures in our integration because the data in these Custom Fields are required when processing a ShipNotice.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Combine matching walmart products automatically

It would be great if you can combine matching Walmart products automatically as right now if a customer orders more than 1 quantity of a product ship station imports them as a separate line item for each quantity.

21 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back the interface size options

It's kind of crazy that ShipStation would remove an integral part of the interface, specifically the interface size options. The font is way too large for me at the current setting. I had my order grid set up to see as much info as possible, and now I can't see it all at a glance.

The following is the response I received from a support case:
    "The most recent release of ShipStation (from 3/9/17) changed the interface so that medium-sized UI is the global default for all ShipStation users. This change will streamline the process of developing and testing future…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @guntap, thank you for bringing this up! Have you looked into changing the zoom on your browser? I’ve found that Chrome will only resize the tab you’re looking at so it doesn’t effect your other sites.

Also, what kind of information do you use to ship? There may be some things we can tweak to help you see all the critical information on your screen.

5. Contact information on Commercial Invoice

It would be awesome if the contact information could be pulled from the Buyer/Recipient info for the commercial invoice. I've had customers complain that they were not contacted by DHL because there was no contact info on the CI.

Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Is it possible for Shipstation to notify a marketplace like Shopify that an order was Fulfilled by "FBA" instead "shipstation" and only tell

Is it possible for Shipstation to notify a marketplace like Shopify that an order was Fulfilled by "FBA" instead "shipstation" and only tell the market place "shipstation" when not fulfilled by FBA?

The attached image highlights the field I'm talking about.

Hope that makes sense.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Advanced RMA - Need custom Reasons

All companies vary in product and therefore they can vary widely in RMA reasons. Shipstation should allow custom RMA reasons to be set. We have a complex set of rules which correlate to different RMA reasons. Our exchange and return is actually higher than most companies because we allow customers to TRY things risk free and exchange them or get them personalized. Allowing us to set these custom RMA reasons would allow us to use shipstation to track properly the RMA reason that is specific to our business model.

76 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Proforma invoice

We also ship internationally, but whenever I do, I have to ship it outside of Shipstation so that I can create proforma invoice, since I do not need a Commercial Invoice to send to our final buyers, this also avoids them paying higher duties. Since a Commercial Invoice is for B2B and not B2C.
    Therefore can we have a 'Document' option to print out an Invoice as same as 'Commercial' Invoice but titled 'Proforma Invoice' and have only the shipping section removed from it.
    Attached is the format from DHL.com

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Your Packaging": lots of package types but no good way to assign them

We use lots of different packaging for our products: polys, bubbles, and boxes each with their own sizes. Since we deal with so many products it is hard for our shippers to keep track of which type of packaging to use for a some products. Currently, ShipStation allows "Your Packaging" to be set for each product as the default packaging--exactly what we want. However, this is only available by going to each product individually in the user interface and setting it manually. Add in that we have 4000 different products that we ship regularly and you begin to see our…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New Customer entries should not need to be imported via a .CSV to be in Customer list

I am a MAC and iCloud user. I don't use CSV files. The customer section should be as simple as an address book in your smartphone. To add a customer should be liked adding a contact. Why in the world do I need to create a .CSV file to add an address for a company I ship to very often. Its an Amazon FBA warehouse. Amazon.com FBA sites do not stay in customer list after you ship to them like other customers do

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Login with Google Request

ShipStation doesn't have 2 factor authentication and this could be achieved with a simple 'Login with Google' option.

This would make Shipstation a lot more secure.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need sorting capability for spreadsheet data

In the spreadsheet sales report, can you provide an option to view this information in a usable/sortable Excel spreadsheet? The only spreadsheet report I've been able to download is quite messy, the data cannot be sorted, it contains images, etc...

Otherwise, thanks for an awesome product!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. OVERSOLD REPORT

Simply, a report that looks at TOTAL inventory of a sku, Deduct the demand and anything at a NEGATIVE will show up on this report, showing the numbers that it was oversold.

This could be a report in insights or a filter or tab in products. (as long as an export is possible)

This is helpful to know what products need immediate reconcile of inventory. At our company, we print products on DEMAND, thus we would use it as a "production" list.

below is a screen grab from another shipping site that has it, We personally love shipstation...and would rather…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Order Field values passed to Action fields in Automation Rules

When creating an automation rule for orders, it would be nice if there was a way to pass order contents on into action fields. Example: A criteria matched order has Custom Feilds populated with 3rd party shipping account credentials. The values of those custom fields then can be variably used as the shipping account number and zip code on the "charge 3rd party shipping" action.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Disable Shopify note_attributes

I would prefer that Shopify provide us the ability to choose to enable or disable the mapping of Shopify’s note_attributes field to Customer Notes. This field usually contains custom order data as json markeup based on Shopify's documentation. This field data is not always desired to be brought over for shipping purposes as it mask real buyers’ notes on the orders especially in the list view. Due to the format of the data, it’s not really friendly anyway.

This is really a bigger issue that I have noted here at the posting below. The note_ attributes field mapping is under-managed…

26 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Want orders with a custom order status to get changed to another custom order status after being shipped

I would love to be able to have orders on my store with the custom order status of "Claim-Submitted" to get imported into ShipStation. Then after I create the label for it, I want it to update my store with the custom order status "Claim-Shipped"

Thanks,

Chris

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Product Barcodes on Picking Sheets and Ability to print Barcodes for Products

We have barcodes assigned to our items that do come into shipstation with out integration. But they aren't being utilized in shipstation. It would be great to have the ability to print those barcode UPC/GTIN's onto picking sheets, packing slips.

It would be even more beneficial to be able to set orders to print barcodes to a thermal printer so we can put it on packages. This goes hand in hand with Amazon's barcode needs for Fullfillment, internal manufacturing.

As an example, we're a on demand product producer. We make the product the day after it's ordered. So being able…

35 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Tracking Number to Export Orders

This is maybe small, but it'd be huge for us.

Can the tracking number please be included in the fields you can choose for Orders > Other Actions > Export Orders?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Erica!

Thanks for bringing this up! What goal are you looking to accomplish with this export? There may be another report that can help.

If you go to the Insights page and click on reports, you can run the “Shipped Items” report that will give you things like order number, SKU, and tracking number, too.

Please let us know here if this other report works for you by commenting here in the forum so we can open discussion with other users. Thanks!

19. Creating a label from the customer profile should support multiple shipping accounts

1. Go to the customers tab in ShipStation.

2. Select a customer.

3. Click the "Create Label" button.

This create label screen does not allow you to select your shipping account, so makes multiple shipping accounts useless when printing a label through this path.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Alternative SKU mapping

Alternative SKU mapping. It would be great if you could set up a alternative sku for when orders are imported from a source. If you have a running change you could use existing data and create a rule would look for Alternative SKU field 1st if blank it would import under SKU field 1 (the original sku). This would hours of manual data entry and changes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base