Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. tracking packages that aren't moving

We are currently using Aftership to monitor and track package movements, specifically, packages where labels have been created but haven't been handed off to mail carriers. This is vital to us because our business model requires that we provide shipping labels in advance of physically slapping them on a package. At times, our dropshipper neglects to apply the shipping label, i.e., mail carriers never receive the package.

As it pertains to ShipStation, I looked around and I couldn't find that exact functionality. I was able to complete this task only by clicking into each individual tracking # hyperlink to see…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. hotkey for "save as shipping default for this product"

I'm looking for a hotkey that checks the "save as shipping default for this product" box...or an ability to have that box be always checked automatically.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Shopify Timeline - New Internal note system - needs to be integrated.

Shopify used to use (notes) and information from that section shows up in ShipStations (Notes from Buyer ) Section. Shopify implemented new way to leave notes and it is called (TIMELINE) notes left in that section do not appear in shipsattion and creates internal communication problems.

it would be ideal if the TIMELINE notes would up in ShipStation's Internal Notes Section since they serve the same purpose.

thank you

23 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shipping Costs from Ship Station should be pushed to Channel Advisor and Shopify.

It is really difficult do a proper shipping cost analysis for orders if you are not pushing the actual shipping costs back to the system it came from. Channel Advisor in particular has a great ability to customize and automate reporting so it would be helpful if it had all the information that is valuable about an order.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. royal mail prices

Please can you get royal mail to pull live prices through, currently we have to manually work it out as it does not show when we want to create a label

Thanks
    ames

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. quickship

Using Quickship has greatly sped things up in our order processing, but we occasionally encounter issues with warnings being hidden. For example, If an order is canceled by the customer while it is in the process of being picked/shipped, it can still be shipped out since the canceled warning is hidden by using Quickship. This results in additional work and costs for us.

There is a long list of potential errors that are hidden by using Quickship: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/208740268-How-do-I-skip-the-warnings-I-get-while-I-m-creating-a-shipping-label-

It would be nice to be able to either have the ability to select warnings to handle as errors or at least…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Localisation on Returns Portal

There needs to be localisation settings on the returns portal for the currency and Zip Code (In the UK we say Post Code)

It currently only shows the currency in USD $ we need it to show our orders in GBP £

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Branded Tracking Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple location shipping of a single order

We want to apply multiple location shipping of single order through ship station. I want to ship my single order to multiple locations/places at the same time. Is it possible to ship station? Does ship station provide this ability through API? Because I need to implement this thing in PHP platform.

I wish to deliver my single order to multiple shipping locations. like if I have purchased watch then I want to deliver that watch to multiple locations like 1 for New York residence another one for Florida residence at the same time with same order checkout.

Let me know…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Itemized packing slip

I would like an option on the packing slip to break units ordered onto separate lines versus having a count to the right of 2. For example, if a customer ordered 2 shirts it would appear
    shirt
    shirt
    vs
    shirt 2

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. make the "created time" of a label available as a column of data

It would be nice to be able to export all of my shipping data and have this information included. I can hold employees accountable to how much time went by between orders or I can see which employee shipped which order based on time shipped if they have to share a user account. The time stamp is already available if I look under order activity, but if I could see it as an actual column that would be infinitely more valuable so I did not have to look at every order individually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give Fulfillments the Same Export Customizations and Filters

Shipments have customizable exports, but Fulfillments do not. Fulfillments also do not let us filter by carrier, the way shipments do.

We sometimes have to purchase postage from Amazon so we are protected from late deliveries, such as during the holiday when our product line is slow, but the postal network is backed up. We also will need to purchase postage on ebay once they go back to one of their guaranteed delivery paradigms requiring you to purchase postage from the ebay website.

Despite these orders being fulfilled in-house, ShipStation considers these externally fulfilled. It is our point of view…

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the product cost to the shipping cost

In some cases it will be very useful to have a chance to add the product cost to the shipping cost when creating a C.O.D. label. Sometimes Customers want to purchase parts of the items we sell or when the order is out of policy and we are unable to make replacements. So it will be great if there is a way to send the items to the Customer using a C.O.D. label and he could pay not only for the shipping but for the item itself. Thank you,

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show the number of previous orders as a column on Orders screen

When I hover over a customer name, it shows me the number of previous orders from that customer. This is information I want to be able to see at a glance, instead of having to hover over each name in the list. It would let me quickly identify repeat customers vs. new customers.

Better yet, I would like to see the products ordered previously on hover or on click of the number in that column.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Generate and Export an "Actions" Report

I'd like to be able to generate and export a report that will let me know the amount of times I've split off products and applied a "backorder" tag to orders over a specific window of time.

I would imagine it being called an "actions" report.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Send Shipping Confirmation Emails to BUYER

We send gift boxes, usually to the gift recipient vs. the purchaser. Right now, shipstation will only send a shipping confirmation email to the recipient. Please add the option to send that email to the Buyer instead. Because we don't want to alert recipients and we do want to inform buyers, your current default email settings are not useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Schedule Automation Rules

Once the Multiple Order Combination functionality works through automation rules the ability to schedule that rule to run will be necessary. For example, if you use the API to inject orders into ShipStation as they are processing through your store, or if you are importing multiple files during the day, you will want the combine multiple items automation rule to run regularly since right now the automation rules only run on import.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. EOD for Fedex Smart Post Lightweight

Hi there,

I work use Fedex Smart Post Lightweight and I have to get my items scanned by a certain time for the company that I work for. My fedex cannot scan 150 packages for me individually per day. This means that I risk some packages getting lost. Can you please find a way to get a physical sheet that I can take to fedex to scan for all the packages (End of Day Form).

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Increase UPS Carrier Declared Value on insurance.

UPS limits their declared value (via API) to only $500- this is absurd. Please ask UPS to raise this to a much higher amount. We sometimes ship multiple box orders that have a value of up to or over $20,000. Due to this we have to go outside of ShipStation, which adds too much complication and defeats the purpose of even using the software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change the way SS works regarding sync of info across accounts.

This is hard to explain but has to do with how SS syncs changes after they are made.

Currently, SS can track some changes and inform users in real time that something happened. For example if an order moves status, SS will pop up a box saying that orders have moved, so click here to refresh.

But other changes do not sync live. If people change notes or tags or anything else, it doesn't sync in real time.

What's worse is that when people make changes, those changes are seen on that same computer because SS caches the changes immediately. …

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customers without email not saved?

Customers name from orders downloaded from marketplaces such as HOUZZ and AMAZON that do not provide us with customer's email are NOT saved in the customer database/list because Shipstation use the email as the unique identifier.

But this is not a good thing because, we may need to ship a replacement to one of those customers and their name is nor in the list...

Maybe you guys should set ShipStation to create a mock text in the email field when an actual email address is not present as it is IMPORTANT that ALL customer be saved for future use...

Thank…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base