Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add estimated delivery date to outgoing "shipped" emails

I know you recently added the ability for the shipper to see how many days it is being quoted in the admin, before creating the label.

Would it be possible for Shipstation to add code to the outgoing emails that takes the ship day we specified and adds the number of travel days to that, and renders it into the email?

Something along the lines of:

Your Estimated Delivery Day: December 21

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hey, @Warren! Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll take note of your feedback and will reference it when making related updates. For now, we’d like to see other users add their support to this idea before moving forward.

While this isn’t available today, if your customers wanted to see this information, they would need to click on the tracking link to view the estimated delivery date.

Feel free add goals, thought, or insights to this idea!

2. gunbroker

Add an Intergration for gunbroker.com (basically ebay for hunting / shooting accessories)

GunBroker.com is the world's largest online auction site for firearms and hunting/shooting accessories.

33 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We currently don’t have any updates or ETA on this integration.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to GunBroker and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

3. Fix import of orders via csv file

BUG: CSV order import doesn't support standard ascii characters in column headers.

If you have a column header named "P.O. Number:" in your csv file you can upload the file and create the mapping just fine but when you go to do the import it gives an error.

This is a bug. If it can't accept the column header then it shouldn't allow it to be mapped but more appropriately if it is a CSV import than it should accept standard ascii characters in column names just like it should in column data.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, @cgetsadmin! Thank you for taking the time for giving us your feedback! At this time, the process of importing orders is working as designed, however I see your point where it is frustrating to go through a process only to be turned around to double up on work.

As such, the product team will review your idea and you’ll hear from us once we’ve made a decision.

Today, symbols and punctuations are generally not allowed as column headers and you must remove them in order to import orders via CSV. One thing you can do right now is to see if other users are interested in a ShipStation partnership with your order source here in the forum. That way you can circumvent the CSV import process in its entirety!

4. Hide Unit Price And Order Total

Working with third party suppliers who are fulfilling orders for us we need the ability to hide the unit $ and the total $.

40 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

5. International "Customer Overview" and data drill down by State / Country.

Expand the existing "Customer Overview" page to include international orders. Create a more interactive map, allowing you to drill down on states / countries to get specific data.

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @dotmodshipping! Thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep this one in mind when planning future roadmaps. For now, we’d like to see your idea gain support from other users before making a decision here.

You may have noticed you’re able to run a report called “Country Comparison Report” on our Insights page under the “Reports” section. This will only give you the countries, however, can you tell us more about the goal you’re trying to achieve by drilling down into a map?

6. Allow manual Blind Shipping

We do drop shipping for many customers and need to make the package look like it is shipping from our customer to their customer (even though we are shipping it). While shipping, we should be able to select "Other" from the warehouse field and manually type in a temporary "From address"

47 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automation rule that allows for the creation of 2 packages based on SKU quantity

For example, an order for quantity 2 of Shoe A comes in. We pre pack all of our packages/dont have the boxes 2 combine 2 pairs of shoe A into one box, so we need a 2 package shipment to be created. This is currently done manually.

We DO NOT want to "split" the order in our system though. Just make a 2 package shipment.

22 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @5stars! Thanks so much for taking the time to add your idea here and explaining the challenge your business faces. We’ll keep this in mind for future updates, but for now we’d like to see your idea gain support from other users before moving forward.

8. Multiple customer shipping addresses linked to one email address.

We handle quite a few manual orders where one client will order for multiple locations. It would be nice if multiple locations could be tied to the same email address. Right now, it just keeps the last order used by that email in the customer records so we have to manually type the address each time. Either that or being able to save customer shipping information using something other than an email address (phone # maybe???) to keep it saved in the system.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @tysonmiller! Thanks for taking the time to add your idea! We’ll keep your idea in mind for future updates, but for now we’d like to see your idea gain interest from other users before making a decision.

You’re right, Customer Records are referenced by their email addresses. You mentioned this is “quite a few” orders. Have you tried to use a CSV file to create these manual orders? This way you can assign the username to a different value to create multiple Customer Records under one name—if not to just do your manual orders all at once.

9. Being able to set the packing slip size by store instead of a global setting

Currently, packing slips are a global setting applied to all stores. If you have multiple stores where some packing slips are 4 X 6 and some packing slips are 8 X 11, you need to change the account settings every time you print. Would be way more convenient to be able to assign the size of the packing slips by store so you don't have to constantly change the account setting.

44 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @csr! Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind when updating our packing slips. For now, we’d like to see your idea gain more support from other users before making a decision.

Can you tell us what makes the packing slips different between your two stores? Hopefully this added information will help other users better understand your idea so they can add their input and votes.

10. Need to see actual items not the word (Multiple items)

Currently, I have 4041 orders to fill today. http://screencast.com/t/c8NxtCNt

My staff is each assigned an item or group of items to fill that day. Your system doesnt show what items are in the order unless you click on the order. For 4,000 orders a day this is a very slow process.

I need it changed to indicate the actual items.

I will pay you to address this issue.

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, @Gordon! Thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll record this feedback and keep it in mind when we’re designing features. For now, we’d like to see your idea gain support from other users before moving forward to help gauge interest while we research this independently.

In the meantime, can you go into more detail about how you assign orders? Do you assign your staff members according to “orders ONLY with Product A” and then “orders with products A, B, C bought together”—or is your process more independent where two staff members will never touch the same product?

11. Import ALL information from Squarespace product forms

I have certain options for my customs to choose when purchasing my products, and their choices - which pop up via squarespace forms when they add these products to their cart - don't import into Shipstation. This results in a Pick List which is insufficient and therefore, unusable.

Specifically for me - I offer up to 3 complimentary samples to trade of my wallpaper line - so this is one product of mine.
    Complimentary Samples for Trade Professionals.
    They add this to their carts, and are prompted to choose which Line and Colorway they want samples of.

Thank you!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We can only display information sent from SquareSpace through the API feed in ShipStation. If the information is not displaying in ShipStation now, I recommend contacting SquareSpace to request they add this data to the order information sent to ShipStation. Once this has been done, we should be able to accurately determine if this order data can be mapped into ShipStation.

Thanks!
    ShipStation

12. A report that shows the average days in transit for first class mail, priority mail, ect.

Would be great if Shipstation could bring in the delivery dates for tracking numbers and create a report showing the average transit days for various USPS products like first class mail, priority mail, ect. This could be done for other carriers also.

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @bestthreads! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll take note of your idea for future reporting updates while we wait for other users to add their support for your idea.

Feel free to tack on any additional information in the comments section!

13. FedEX Dangerous goods shipping for expidited air shipments

We ship FedEx ground primarily but in the winter months would like the option to do expedited air shipments even though our product is a dangerous good in the air. Plus DG paperwork is cumbersome while also requiring the upmost accuracy. With similar templates to what is already provided that could greatly streamline our process and allow us to do more with shipstation.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing the option to support Dangerous Goods via FedEx and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision. Please note that our integrated FedEx reseller, FirstMile, does currently support this functionality given their relationship with FedEx. I recommend contacting them for more information.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

14. Stop Importing Irrelevant Order Information as "Internal Notes" From Magento

Basically Shipstation imports Magento's internal Paypal and payment processing notes (Like IP Address or Transaction ID etc.) as Internal Notes, cluttering up the Internal Notes boxes that could be useful to put customer information etc. in them. It'd be great if there was a way to stop them from auto importing.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will review this request and let you know once we have an update. Its important to note that these internal notes from Magento might be part of other users workflow, so we cannot remove them. However, we will research alternative solutions and let you know once we have a update.

Thank you,
    ShipStation

15. Need to approve the estimated delivery date before processing an Amazon FBA Fulfillment

If you create a multi-channel shipment manually in Amazon Seller Central, they'll tell you the estimated delivery date before you approve the shipment request.

The problem we're having is that Amazon is often taking up to 5 business days to ship our Expedited (2-day shipping) Multichannel orders. This infuriates customers, since they're paying for 2-day shipping, they don't want to wait 7 business days for their package to arrive.

If Shipstation shows us this date, we can abort the fulfillment and choose to ship the order another way.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Eric, thanks for posting this. I noticed this one is from October and wanted to see if you’re still experiencing this today.

I’m not seeing this data being passed over from Amazon so ShipStation can’t post this data for you.

16. Pricefalls integration

Anyone else want to see Shipstation integrated with Pricefalls?

30 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing an integration with Pricefalls and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Pricefalls and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

17. Mark as Paid - for multiple orders / bulk action

Currently you can only Mark one Order as Paid at a time. This is extremely cumbersome. I was chatting with support and they even told me it was possible, because the GUI makes it appear so. You are allowed to select all orders on the page and then click the Mark as Paid button, enter your Amount Paid and Shipping Paid info and submit...and you think it's going to work, but then it only Marks the top order in your selection. Such a tease! Boooooo. I'm on my way to go manually mark 75 orders as Paid, so I'll check…

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Joe! Thanks for all this!! I’ve gone ahead and merged two of the three. It looks like the user there is asking for a plethora of bulk actions and I’d like to not limit that idea to only mark as paid.

Can you tell us more about how you process your orders? Do all of your orders go into Awaiting Payment, or is this a special subset of your orders?

18. Add Fulfilled By Sears multi-channel fulfillment support (Similar to FBA/Shipwire)

Is it possible to add "Fulfilled By Sears" multi-channel fulfillment support (Similar to FBA/Shipwire) to shipstation? We would be more comfortable sending additional product to Sears if we could use them to fulfill non-Sears orders as a backup. They have better rates too. Sears already has the basics in place, just need a Shipstation connection I think.
    https://www.searscommerceservices.com/fulfilled-by-sears/

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing an integration with Fulfilled by Sears and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Fulfilled by Sears and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

19. More open batches than 5 at one time

I want to be able to have more than just 5 open batches at a time

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @Calebw! Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea! We’ll keep this in mind. We’d like to see other users add support before making a decision on this.

Can you give us some more information on how you use batches today? What determines whether an order goes into a batch, and how big are your batches normally?

Any other information you could provide in the forum is much appreciated!

20. Do you wish you could send shipping cost back to ChannelAdvisor or mark orders as partially shipped?

It's possible! ChannelAdvisor now allows via it's API the ability to update line items as shipped instead of the whole order (as ShipStation currently does). Through this mysterious magic of API, they can also send the Shipping Cost, Shipping Tax Cost, and Insurance Cost to ChannelAdvisor. Just image what you could do with all that data! Oh the reports you could run.

I bet you're saying to yourself "Wow, that sounds wonderful. How can I help make this happen?"...

All you need to do is upvote this post so that ShipStation sees the err of their deprecated API ways.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will review options for the adding this functionality to our current integration. We’ll let you know once we have an update!

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base