Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. notify

Please allow the shipping manifest to be emailed on a schedule. This would be super helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi!

Can you go a bit more into this? Is this for a specific carrier that you are wanting this? And are you wanting the Shipping Manifest/EOD SCAN Form transmitted electronically to the carrier or is this a different email notification? As in, is this an email that is going to the carrier or to your team, etc.?

2. Disable archive doc when print DHL label

I am using DHL and whenever I print a label, an archive document will be printed out automatically. I want a settings that can disable DHL archive doc as it is a wast of label. Since we are using Shipstation, it uses twice the amount of label and half of them now turn into garbage. Please let me disable archive doc print out in Shipstation like in Shiptheory courier settings.

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, DHL requires the “Archive Doc/Copy” be presented to the carrier upon drop-off/pick-up of packages.
    We’ve seen a lot of comments for this being a waste of labels, however it is a requirement by the carrier.
    Would the consensus here be that a better option would be to have this Archive Doc/Copy print in a seperate method?
    For example: Labels are printed on 4×6, and the Archive Doc could theoretically be printed on an 8.5×11?
    Thanks to all of you for your comments and feedback!

3. Print two different Packing Slips in a batch.

Print two packing slips for a batch of orders at once. One packing slip should be printed sales order amount, a second packing slip should be printed without the sales order amount. We currently are only able to print one packing slip in a batch (with sales order amount). The second batch (without without sales orders amount) has to be printed one order at a time.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Backorder Email

It would be nice to send an automatic email to the customer when an item that they ordered was placed on back order. Or when an order is split, so that they know why only part of their order is shipping, and not the complete order.
    Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great if I could customize an email template with the customers first or last name

Being able to do this adds a personal touch and the email doesn't seem so Generic

39 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. end of the day

It would be great if I don't print an End of the Day report by my cut off time each day and there are shipments, an End of the Day report would be automatically created for me.

Often times I'm busy packing and or get caught on Saturday without manually creating a report and by the time I go to create one I'm no longer able to. So I have many packages that actually have been delivered and received by the post office but the tracking number for those orders don't show it. Furthermore, I have no proof that it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display Less Items in Orders

This somewhat links to an idea I just opened.

You guys need to offer functionality to reduce items on the page to like 10, 25 or 50 in orders.

So we are effectively printing smaller batches.

I want to keep a better eye out on printed labels.

It is too cumbersome when we have 100 unshipped labels in orders and I either have to select all labels I want to print, or have to 'select all' and deselect labels I don't want to print.

There should simply be more functionality that that.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! So you want to be able to have less than 100 orders on a page at a time? As in, make it so that you can have only 10 orders display per page by default, without the need for tags or filtering views?

8. New Order / Manual Order features wanted - Ship From Warehouse, Tags, Internal Notes

A majority of the time when I make manual orders I have to find the order by searching in SS so I can add specific information. The ability to 1) Choose a Ship From Location, 2) add a TAG and 3) add Internal Notes in the Manual Order screen would be very helpful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ship by date - Also allow for specifying business days

For some orders we have a timeframe of 5 business days until order is due to ship. It would be nice if I could specify business days for Ship By Date, instead regular 5 days.

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable Amazon Shipping API for all eligible Amazon Shipments.

Amazon offers shipping through an API for Domestic and some International destinations.

Using the Amazon Shipping API comes with the benefit of Amazon taking responsibility for item not received cases, saving sellers money due to non-delivery claims.

166 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ve reviewed your idea and the overall user feedback and are closing your idea to give your votes back since there hasn’t been any activity here in awhile. This allows everyone to use their votes on other ideas. The input you gave is still on our radar and your insights are greatly appreciated.

11. Custom view to show how many orders are in each tag all on one screen

The tags feature is really the only way to have various "statuses" for orders beyond just the top level "awaiting shipment" or "awaiting fulfillment". We use as many as 50 tags or more for all our various processing stages, we think of them as order statuses.

One thing that is difficult is being able to see - at a glance - how many orders are in any particular status from a single screen or report.
    In other words, if we want to get all the orders from a certain tag, we have to go filter by that one tag to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. picture

Sometimes seller/buyer communication consists of Pictures. It would be great if pictures can be attached to the Customers Files in Ship Station.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Reference number in Purolator Labels

It would be great if we can add a referrence number on Purolator Labels.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Label Queue Visible to All Users Account-wide

We need a process that allows anyone who is logged into our account on shipstation via a mobile App or another PC to immediately create a shipping label which would be placed into a queue that everyone on the same account can see. This would allow immediate notification that an order has been processed and would enable our off-site warehouse to print, pack and ship orders that were placed in the label queue. Right now it appears the label queue is not visible across all users who are logged into the same account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Multi-Package Support for Companion App

It would be great if we had the ability to create multi-package shipments from within the companion app.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. International Date Format for shipment notification Emails

Currently the date dormat for shipment notification Emails is only available in US format (mm/dd/yyyy).

We would require international date formats, e.g. we are in Australia and would require the option to report dates as dd/mm/yyyy, Europe might need dd.mm.yyyyy

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi thanks for sharing 2SL_Webstore! We’re re-opening this idea to hear more from users like yourself.

It turns out we misunderstood the original idea. The email date format is currently set to show mm/dd/yyyy and can’t be changed at the moment and the date format in settings only effects the ShipStation interface.

17. Allow users to sort customer records by Store, not just Marketplace.

We have 2 stores (retail and wholesale) within one Marketplace (Shopify). It'd make order processing & sorting a bit easier if we could easily break down Customers by Store, not just Marketplace.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Page Numbers for Multi Page Packing Slips

Many of our orders are longer than one page when the packing slips are printed. We use the packing slips as pick slips and they are the "center of truth" for the order as it is being processed in our warehouse.

We are looking for the ability to print page numbers on our packing slips (ideally for multiple page orders). We would want the first page of an order to have a 1, the second to have a 2, and so on until the specific order is completely printed. Then on the next order, the first page will be numbered…

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Warning when Shipping Cost is greater than Shipping Paid

How about a warning that can be turned on in setup, that stops an order from being shipped because the (shipping) rate is greater than (Customer) Shipping Paid amount.

This would need to happen during the shipping process AFTER the weight from the scale is imported/entered and the new rate calculates. The reason this is needed is not all stores can calculate the box to be used and add the weight to the total order weight.

An example is USPS International First Class. Up to 8 oz the rate is around $13.25. If a customer places an order for 6…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for "And" or "Or" selection in Automation Rules setup

when creating rules, sometimes we need multiple rules. The current method assumes "AND" between rules. For example, if we want to create a rule to put orders on hold where "Address Verified" = "Error" or "Warning" we have to create two separate rules as using both assumes an
    AND condition and the rule will not work because the order is not both Error and Warning status.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!

So for this request, you would like to be able to have rule 1 be applied, then if rule one is applied, have rule 2 also apply to the order. But this would be contingent on rule 1 being applied first?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base