Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Editing of Line Items in Orders from Online Marketplaces

Here's our use case:
    We sell multi-day Juice cleanses, which have a complicated delivery process. We deliver fresh pressed juices every two days of a cleanse, such that in order to process this for fulfillment, we split our orders---one for each 2-day delivery---and modify the Line Item Titles indicating which days of the cleanse are to be delivered.

We started this process in a manual store and then were surprised the same ability to modify an order's line items is not available in orders from Online Marketplaces.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hey @James, thank you for posting this! Manual orders are ones that are the most flexible since they are created in ShipStation, and your store’s orders should remain largely untouched as they are the most accurate source of information.

Have you looked into using order tags, internal notes, or custom fields to store this information? You can create filters for any of the mentioned fields—and they can be included on packing slips—so locating these orders and shipping them will be easy once you have everything set up.

2. Better Print Options (Label, Slip, Both)

http://imgur.com/RvPG99z

I found the print drop down options did not do what I expected. The option for labels prints both the label and packing slips. The packing slip option just prints packing slips. What do you think about it being:
    --Labels (just labels)
    --Packing Slips (just slips)
    --Both (both)

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Alex, thanks for posting this! Printing gets a little tricky to talk about since there are a few different ways to set these up. What kind of formats/paper sizes are you looking to print for your labels-only, packing slips-only, and both label + packing slip?

3. Allow delivery to UPS Access Points

http://compass.ups.com/new-ups-access-point-locations/

Allow delivery to UPS Access Points. According to UPS, this requries a different kind of label, and the cost is a little different - somewhere between ground to a commercial address and ground to a residential address.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your comments and feedback everyone!
    As updating/adding features to an integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to UPS and expressing your interest in adding this feature to ShipStation to help expedite this process.
    Additionally, any further comments for how often UPS Access Points are being used outside of ShipStation on a daily/weekly basis would be very helpful!

4. Option for Schema.org email markup (Gmail)

https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/reference/parcel-delivery
    Allow insertion of JSON-LD schema.org markup into emails. Or at least make the necessary fields available so we can do it on our own. For example, the markup requires that the address components (street address, city, zip) are separate. Also, it would be nice to to be able to include product urls and the like.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for posting this @RemiShop! We’ll keep this in mind when updating how our email template editor works. For now, we’d like to see your idea gain support from other users before moving forward.

5. Automated email for Reports

It would be awesome to have an option to automatically send a certain report criteria. For example the ability to automatically send and excel report of daily shipments to myself. Or a monthly report for shipping cost.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Daniel, thank you for adding your idea! Are you only interested in the shipping cost report or are you looking to generate several weekly/monthly reports? Would this just be for you or for other eyes as well?

6. Shipstation inventory management multichannel

Great to see the new shipstation inventory management solution!
    We were initially excited because it seemed to be able to replace stitchlabs. If shipstation was able to send stock counts to selling channels, it would be amazing! We, along with other stitch users I'm sure, would be happy to pay a higher premium for your services.

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. Please be sure to comment back here so other users can collaborate as well.

7. 60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Golden State Overnight and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

8. Automate customization of commercial invoice

Right now, the CI shipment value is tied to the product in ShipStation. But when we offer a discount or sale, that value is incorrect. And AFAIK, the value has to be updated manually. I'm hoping to import the price / value from my marketplace connection (Shopify).

For international orders, the customs value is the amount paid by the customer (not the full retail value), so we have customers that end up overpaying duty & tax because we haven't manually updated the CI.

An automation would be very helpful!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @erainey, thank you for taking the time to post this! The declared value depends on what information ShipStation receives from Shopify and I’m not seeing any information to tell ShipStation how to discount products accordingly.

If feasible, I would try using Shopify’s “Price” and “Compare at Price” if you’re discounting individual items to signal to your customers there is a discount.

If this is a product-based discount you might find it helpful to set the declared value for your products in ShipStation. This is located under “Customs” when you are viewing Product Details for a sku.

Lastly, if neither of the options above are applicable, I recommend making these orders more visible so you and your shippers know to adjust the declared values by applying order tags with automation rules. The rule would look like “If SKU is X, then apply order tag Y”, then you would use a…

9. Allow auto-rule and export/reports to choose "by username"

There are some specific rules and reports we would like to create based on a "by username" setting.

Each of our showroom locations use usernames to designate which showroom or location is creating or shipping out an order.

I had an issue where I want to set a "default store" when a specific username creates a manual order, we don't have the ability to do this.

I also had an issue where I wanted to create reports or exports based on which username created or shipped out an order. Couldnt do it.

Please look into this as it would help…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We haven’t seen any activity since our last update (you can read them by clicking “Show previous admin responses” in the forum) so we are closing it to give your votes back. This allows you to use your votes on other ideas and will help us prioritize the most active ideas.

Please let us know if you’re still interested in this idea, and we’ll re-open it to see what other users think with the added information. All of your input is on our radar and we appreciate your insights!

10. Adding new packing slip sizes

Hi there - we love Shipstation and are looking at ways to make our packing more and more efficient. We're in need of a different (smaller) sized packing slip (4x2) to fit on our packaging, while using a few of the variables that are available via Shipstation custom fields, Order information etc.
    The current sizes available 4x6 and 8.5x11 could theoretically work if we manually cut them but its too much work when you are trying to run an efficient operation, especially since Zebra and other printer providers have so many different-sized labels already available
    I think this can address…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @suyog! Thanks for posting this feedback here! We’ll keep this one in mind when researching features related to packing slips. For now, we’d like to see this idea gain momentum from other users.

Can you provide us with a link to the label sizes you’re thinking for packing slips and what printer model you have that supports this?

11. KGs

Can you add an option to display weight in KG's?

Rgds

Marvin

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create Return Label Via API

Our site allows customers to request an RMA. When we approve an RMA request, I want to automatically create the return label and email it to the customer via the API.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all for adding your ideas to the forum here! We’ll keep this in mind when updating our API; for now, we’d like to see what other users think about having return labels generated through the API before moving forward here.

13. Delivered Flag in API

Add a field in the response for get shipment and get order to indicate if the shipment has been delivered.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @ydspanier, thank you for taking the time to post this! We’ll keep this in mind when updating our API. For now we’d like to see your idea gain traction from other users with their votes and comments.

14. fedex ground collect

Please add Fedex Ground Collect. This should be included and I am surprised its not. Almost every big box store I have ever shipped for requires Fedex Ground Collect. Thanks.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone – Thanks for all of your feedback on this! To understand this better, it would helpful if you could let us know why this is important for you, what you are wanting to achieve and your current workflow today? We’d like for this idea to gain some traction, so feel free to provide us with more detail on this and your workflow.

15. add "store" as a filter for item demand summary

it would be great to be able to filter the item demand report with what storefront the orders originated from as well as the filters that are already available

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Heather! Thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep this in mind if we make related updates to reports. Right now, it’s we’d like to see what other users have to say on this one before moving forward.

What kind of information are you looking for or what questions are you looking to answer with this report? The Product Sales report allows you to see your sales by store but it won’t tell you how many orders were place for each product.

16. excel format

The reporting feature is really great, but the format of exported data into excel is not. I always have to spend a few minutes editing certain export files to make it easy for me to sort columns and manipulate data.

See attachment. I always deal with extra unneeded columns and Headers to not line up with columns. It would be better to export in a CSV with no formatting for cross-platform compatibility.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Tony, thank you for posting your idea! I looked into the excel formatted reports and found that the issue is because of the way some columns are merged. You’ll have to unmerge them for now.

How often are you pulling these reports? Please vote for or add your comments to this idea if you’re interested!

17. Shipment Tracking Number Status Field & Estimated Delivery Date

It would be ideal to be able to go to the shipments tab and see the information that currently appears when you mouse over the icon next to the tracking number "Delivery Status Unknown", "Arrived at FedEx location", "On vehicle for delivery", "delivered", "Shipment information sent to FedEx." That way we can see a view of what's going on with our shipments and sort by shipment status.

It would also be great to have a field for estimated delivery date so we can update our customers without being forced to visit different shipping carrier websites.

Both of these fields should…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for providing all of that great information @Robert. We’ll keep this one in mind if we make other related changes to the Shipments page. For now, we’d like to see if this idea will gain more traction with other users who’d also like additional shipment statuses.

18. Automatic update more often.

Please automatically update all orders at least once per hour. The frequency right now is anywhere from once per week to once per couple days. This isn't nearly enough.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Eric, thank you for taking the time to post your feedback here! ShipStation shouldn’t take a week to update your orders, and I see you’ve opened a few tickets with our team. I’m glad you’ve gotten in touch with us about this and that a few of our folks were able to give you some more information on how our update processes work.

I am going to keep your feedback handy if, in the future, we end up making such a change and would like to invite users to try it out, but it this type of update is not in the foreseeable future. Your idea will remain active here in the forum so we can see what other users are running into business challenges because of this update frequency.

19. print customs forms automatically

Need a way to automatically print the commercial invoices (customs forms) when an international label is printed. This only currently affects UPS and FedEx since USPS is consolidated into the shipping label itself. However, having to leave the shipping area to go to shipped items and find the order then click the paper icon... employees sometimes forget this step which then creates an exercise in time management and phone calls to UPS/FedEx to fax the documents.

If we could have a setting on the labels like we do with "print label with packing slip" but print labels with customs forms"…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @YFinder! Thank you for taking the time to post your idea. We’ll keep your idea in mind when updating our printing workflow, but for now we’d like to hear what users have to say about customs forms.

In the meantime, there are two ways you can print these forms without leaving the Orders page:
    1. If you are shipping from the Order Details window, there is a paper icon next to the tracking number you can click to print.

2, If you’re using batches and the Label Batch Status window pops up, you can access “Other Forms” by selecting the “Other Documents” menu located under "Packing Slips.

Lastly, we are able to send this data electronically to UPS and FedEx, read this for more info: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206640437

20. batch

Batches need to be seen by all users not just the person that created it.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base