Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shipment Auditing

Create a way to allow us to "Audit" our shipping carriers (UPS, FedEx) by allowing us to input our carrier agreements, monitor the shipping costs billed, etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi! And just to help our product team get a better idea of the idea you’re suggesting, how would you like to see this implemented?

What all information specifically would you like to be able to view on this?

2. Lock packer to "Ship From" location

We would like to lock packers via admin setting to a warehouse location so that packer will not have to constantly use a drop down menu on order detail page to choose his location.

This feature should be beneficial to any SS user where there is more than 1 warehouse.

I.e. David the packer is located in NY, so upon creation of his account by admin we will choose a default warehouse for David - Warehouse NY.

Then anytime David will be logged into the system "Ship From" location will be preselected and locked for David.

If David moves to…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. uber

an integration with uber rush would be fantastic

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Order Labels & Packing Slips by Order Quantity for Printing

Ability to put Labels & Packing Slips in ascending or descending order by quantity of items in each order when creating labels/printing.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea!
    We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

5. Pressero integration

You really need to add an integration to Pressero. I along with many many users in the print industry have no easy way to ship out orders. This integration would be extremely helpful for completing the shipping process. Currently the only way is by manually creating labels. They are the "Leading" for Web 2 Print software for the entire printing community. It should be an easy integration since they also connect with Zapier. You can check them out at http://www.pressero.com

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. usps pick up confirmations

Sorry If I have posted this multiple times. USPS supplies a pick up confirmation number when you schedule a pick via USPS.Com or Stamps.com. This number is requested when you call the post office to inquire about pick ups. This is very useful. Currently Shipstation does not supply this

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add TagIDs to the Post data for Custom Stores

We have TagIDs set up within station, and we've added a Custom Store Integration to interface with our other site.
    However, we are unable to send TagIds with the XML for the order in the post data.
    It would be nice if TagIDs were one of the fields that could be sent in the Custom Store Integration XML.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Speedee Delivery as a shipping option

Please add Speedee Delivery as a shipping integration! All of our shipping is equally between UPS, Speedee, and USPS.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to SpeeDee Delivery and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

9. New 26 character short field for Product Name / Dynamic Label Messages

ShipStation currently provides the ability to print 3 custom messages on shipping labels, including dynamic information about the order.

Our feature request is for ShipStation to allow us to assign a "shortcode" for each Product Name, such that if the product name is longer than 26 characters we can assign a shortcode for Label Printing that may be different than the full name of the product shown on the Packing Slip and Pick List.

For example, the full name of the product shown on the packing slip may be "Joe's All Natural Hot Sauce, Red Pepper 12 oz." while the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Need a custom product field that allows a lot more characters and doesn't add anything in it before the data.

Need to send a string of data per product to use glyphs to generate an image to be displayed in an iFrame. It works, but most fields are only 100 chars so it gets truncated. We need 500+ chars. Were told by ShipStation that Image URL is 500, however, it adds a URL to the beginning of the string which makes it useless for this purpose. Please give us custom product fields with the ability to have larger char sizes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automation Rules - Print 2 labels for orders that contain specific items

We could really use an automation rule that would create an additional (2nd) label for orders that contain specific products. Certain products (specifically hats) we like to package separately from the rest of the order to keep the product safe. It would be helpful to have this automated so we don't have to manually create additional labels for orders that contain these products.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Country of Origin Documentation

We'd like to generate and print Country of Origin documentation through shipstation for our Canadian customers who purchase products made in the US. That way they can benefit from duty-free clearance under NAFTA.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve Walmart Integration

The walmart integration does not set values for email, customer ID, or payment method. While those fields are not necessary to ship the order, we pull all shipments out of shipstation via the API to import into our financial system of record (Netsuite).

If no customer ID is provided by walmart, use the internal shipstation customer ID so it's not null.

If no payment method is supplied by walmart, hardcode something like 'walmart'.

Email address would be nice to ask walmart to provide. Ebay and Amazon provide it.

thanks

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include Shipment weight in Post data for custom store

Include Shipment weight and/or actual weight in xml Post data for custom stores

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. API - Allocate/Deallocate

The API should allow us to allocate/deallocate orders. I use the API to put orders into the system and until they are shipped, my inventory levels are not decreased, so I have no idea how much stock I have until I manually go allocate each order. We ship on a specific schedule, so because we don't ship every day, I always have outdated inventory information unless each morning we manually go and allocate orders.

Seems simple enough to add as the UI does have an API call that does this very easily. Thanks!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Input validation of uploaded brand logo files

The store configuration page doesn't mention anything about the resolution or file type requirements of branded logos (though I found the details after searching Google: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206640067-How-do-I-adjust-the-size-and-quality-of-my-store-logo- ). What's worse, the system will accept and display logo files that don't fit these requirements. I first tried uploading a SVG for better quality, and it successfully saved to the branding page and even rendered the image. However, previewing the tracking page showed the broken image icon. I decided to try a PNG (with transparency), but nothing even showed up. I then tried a JPG, but my resolution was too high, and it…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Pinterest to social banners

I use Pinterest to market my business in addition to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It would be great if Pinterest could be added as an option for the social media buttons that are included in customer emails and the custom tracking pages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dynamic Return Address Modification at the Order Level

Our customers require us to modify the return address on our shipping labels to reflect a company name and address specific to them. This occurs at both the customer and order level where 5 orders from the same customer need to reflect 5 different company names in the return address. It looks like we can accomplish this in an automated fashion via the api, with the create label call, but only as a standalone label call. This will work for some of our products but prevents us from processing shipments manually as they require association to an order and we…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Retina Logo on Branded Tracking Page

It would be great if store logos were "Retina-Ready" on the branded tracking page. Most modern devices use high resolution screens and images that are loaded at a maximum of 300px wide end up looking pretty bad on those devices.

While you're at it, fix the Mixed-Content warnings from Google by loading images from either:

1. Secure source
    2. Replace "http://" with "//"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Cart Attributes to be Mapped to CustomFields (Shopify)

Allow specific Shopify Cart Attributes to be mapped to ShipStation's CustomFields. This would need to be based on the key of the Shopify Cart Attribute. For instance, the Cart Attribute with the key of "date" might be mapped to "CustomField1".

Cart attributes are Shopify's primary extensibility point for individual orders, allowing app, theme, and shop developers to add custom properties to an order:

https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/cart/get-more-information-with-cart-attributes

CustomFields (e.g., CustomField1) are the analogous concept in ShipStation:

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205928478-ShipStation-Custom-Store-Development-Guide#4a

ShipStation currently imports Shopify Cart Attributes as part of the [Notes From Buyer] field. ShipStation, however, does not allow Shopify Cart Attributes to be mapped to…

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base