Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shopify Click and collect

Shopify now allows enables customers to Click and Collect from a local store on you shopify account.

Can Shipstation differentiate Click and Collect orders and tag them or place them on a Click and Collect tab so staff do not send these to the default billing address that ship station defaults to from shopify.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with: ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. facebook marketplace integration

Hi, I'm using Woocommerce with Shipstation would like to List Ecommerce Inventory on Facebook Marketplace instead of Facebook Shops as per Facebooks information at https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1855394307892939?id=2427773070767892

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. No big carrier shipping discounts for a ShipStation Canada Account

I find it very hard to understand why ShipStation Canada does not have a more extensive carrier discount?? Doesn't have with Canada Post, UPS Canada etc. only seems to be FedEx Canada. ShipStation please do something about this as your commercials and online advertising are misleading as you "think" we are going to save but cant?? only the US accounts . . . Why?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. SMS Capability

If we could text the phone number provided in the order their shipping information so they can continue to track their own package.

149 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Full raw data report option

I would like to see a full raw data report to give me the ability to utilize all items myself to create my own reports through excel/pivot tables.

Right now we need a report that highlights shipments within a given time-frame, the carrier, the product, and how much the shipping was.

This seems like a pretty common report that Shipstation does not provide and because of that i was hoping for a FULL raw report to make it myself. Unfortunately no report contains the 4 items i need: Date, product, carrier, shipping cost.

Please add a full raw report for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Email selected feature (pickup orders specifically)

It would be great if there was a feature that allowed us to select orders, and send an email to everyone based off a template. I set up a template for pick-up orders, but there isn't a way to send it manually via shipstation (only if I "ship" an order). I know that SS was not created for pickup orders, but with the changes resulting from the pandemic, it is a "delivery method" that is selected more and more, and would be a highly appreciated feature add.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. for printing: have to choose between getting a blank page every time or not getting the full order printed

we print label + packing slip on same page...but if an order is long (aka has a lot of items on it) then the whole order doesn't fit on that one page -- according to ShipStation there are only two options in this case: either have a blank page print after each and every order we print or have only 1 page print knowing that that 1 page may not include every item on the order...obviously neither option is a fix, more below from support

when this option is enabled, if an order has a lot of line items, the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Split Shipments: Preserve Custom Fields from Original

We make frequent split shipments, but in the child shipments the custom fields are not preserved. We use some of these custom fields for printing on our packing slips. Please find a way to preserve and replicate the custom fields to the split shipments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PO number magento

We need a way to bring in the PO number into custom field1 with Magento 2 just as we did with Magento 1. We need this integration yesterday so please put this at the top of your list because the PO is an essential field for packing lists and shipping labels.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restrict users to be unable to delete existing tags

בס'ד

See, We have had employees delete tags at there own discretion.
    When a "Tag" is deleted it disrupts the Automation Rules..

So.. We need, Be'Ezras HASHEM, that under "Permissions" and "Order Management" to Restrict Users so that when they "Manage Tags" that they NOT be able to Deleting Existing Tags.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Package count for Awaiting Shipment

FedEx is unable to take more than a maximum of 350 Express packages per day. We are currently manually counting the packages on each order throughout the day to ensure that we do not exceed the maximum. We need our package count before the end of the day. Getting a package count when our 3PL prints the labels late at night is too late, at that point.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Filtering searches

We have a client that we bill on a monthly basis for how many package we send on their behalf. The packages can go to the actual client, or to any of thousands of their clients. Orders sent to their clients will NOT have our client's name in the Recipient or Company field, but will have it somewhere in the order, possibly in a note, possibly in an email address.

I need to create a report that will give me the results of a search for the client's name (which I can do now) but then would let me sort…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. order report users

I'd love a report that shows orders, product per order, quantity per order, revenue per order by assigned user.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. [Shipstation Connect] Workflow Rework

Hello there,
    I work with a 3pl that uses Shipstation and Shipstation connect as our main source for fulfillment. I would love to see the Shipstation connect app built out to be more friendly towards 3pl's attempting to use your app.

Within our organization, no user has a set desktop location. It is very inconvenient for our staff to log in to link Shipstation connect every time they need to switch stations (Workstations).

We have had so many issues with Shipstaion connect recently; I would love to see the development team add a little "magic" to the app.

One of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. text column to import notes

We would love for a column to be a text column so that we can import notes on order status.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback.

Which column are you referring to? The notes column?

You can currently add notes to any orders notes field by clicking the notes icons in the Notes orders grid column – though you can’t import the notes that way. You must manually enter them.

if that is not what you are referring to, could you please comment and clarify a bit on what you are looking to do and why?

16. Shipstation - Can you please offer/integrate Live Carrier shipping pricing with Squarespace?

Hi Shipstation - Can you please offer/integrate Live Carrier shipping pricing with Squarespace?

Shipstation provides this to Shopify and Big Commerce customers/integrations.

This is an absolutely necessity, and it makes little sense to not include this feature.

What is the reason why this is currently not included with the integration?

Thank you for your prompt assistance and support.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Chile Customs Accepts Only USD

I am being told that Chile's customs service only accepts information in USD. Because we are a Canadian company our info is transmitted in CAD by default. It would be nice to be able to select a different currency for some shipments if the destination country requires an alternate currency. In practice we have had shipments rejected by Chile's customs agents because we submitted invoices in CAD, so I can confirm this is true.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Quickbooks online integration discount support

When an order in Shipstation has a discount applied to the total, it should use the QBO "Discount" field on the invoice for the discount amount. Right now the behavior is completely inconsistent - for some selling channels, Shipstation creates a new product/service for the discount, and for some other selling channels, it just ignores the discount entirely (which means I have to go edit each imported invoice manually, a gigantic waste of time for something that should have been automatic). There's a "Discount" field on the invoice for a reason, use it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Transit times

Need a way to analyze actual transit times by carrier to determine how well each carrier is doing. Without it we are blind to making decisions on the best carrier to use during holidays not to mention the pandemic. With thousands of orders to manage it is impossible to determine this without actual transit times. A report would be great, but I would settle for a field in the shipment screen with the actual transit time, so then I could at least download and analyze myself.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stored product price

Is there some way to make it where when you add your product to your packing ship it added the prices of those products automatically?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base