Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ship to Fed Ex Hold Locations

Thanks for getting in touch with us,
    At this time, ShipStation does not currently support the Hold at Location option for FedEx, which I do apologise for if it causes any inconvenience.
    However, I do see how this feature could be helpful for a shipper's workflow. Please feel free to post on our feedback forum with this idea. The forum is checked often by our development team, and many of our current features were originally suggestions fro

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. shopify partial refunds

Shopify partial refunds are not reflected on orders in shipstation, this was not clearly communicated when making the integration. Meaning, Ive shipped tons of products to customers that I had refunded!! If this is not part of your integration you absolutely neeed to let people know with an alert when they are making the integration - clearly stating what is integrated and WHAT IS NOT so we can manage our inventory. Please make this integration possible.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a list or report of packages in transit that have not been scanned.

We have noticed that some carriers have not scanned some of the packages after they have been shipped. So it would be great to have the ability to provide a list of packages in transit that have not been scanned.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add our email address to Commercial Invoice for international shipments

2- How can we add our email address in our Commercial Invoice for international shipments - there is a field for the Exporter email, but it is blank and we would like to put our email address there but can't figure out how to do that.
    I did take a look into this and reached out on where this option was pulling and after some testing, it looks like this option maybe a formatting option that is populating directly from the carrier. Currently the address info being included in the form is from the "Ship From" location section but this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DIM to auto adjust package weight

There needs to be a way to enter the DIM and have it auto adjust the package weight based on our DIM factor. Our packages sizes are all over the place and we cannot possibly add in every possible size we might run into. On world ship for UPS when you enter a DIM it adjusts to the new DIM weight so everything matches. Ship Station does not and if you don't take that step to override it, it does not match. UPS is charging a $14.50 fee if you are over 70% off on your dim per package. OUCH.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. create labels in bulk through the mobile app

create labels in bulk through the mobile app.

We are wanting to have an iPad in the Picking area, for employees to walk in and press create labels in bulk and have it all printed via ShipStation Connect, currently we would have to process 1 at a time which is long.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Statement of spend on ShipStation Carrier Services

When using ShipStation Carrier Services, it would be useful to see a statement of spend - both of topups and deductions so we can cross-reference for accounting purposes. The automatic invoices of topups are useful, but I had a label duplication printing error the other day which I wasn't able to check without contacting support.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Germany shipping

Would be good to be able to ship from Germany to our customers in Europe. Now that Brexit has happened we are diverting our Europe shipments from our UK office to our German office. WE use the same UPS, FedEx carriers but would like to be able to ship from Germany.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New SFP for Amazon - Tag with DELIVERY BY Date

Now that Amazon is cracking down on their 1/2 day delivery requirements, I would love to see an automation tag for orders that have specific deliver by dates. For example. An order that is required to be delivered on Sat/Sun, having a tag appear so that the shipping department can apply the correct shipping carrier. This way, they don't have to open up EVERY SINGLE order and see when the deliver by date is.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. average cost per package

It would be really helpful if right on the insights dashboard I could see my average cost per package for the time period selected. We don't always know when carrier shipping rates change, or if things we are regularly shipping have changed in cost. If if could check easily, I can modify our shipping charges to customers in order to cover our costs.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Manual Order Creation

Need the ability for users to still be able to create "new" manual orders, even though they are under an automation rule to only see items assigned to them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. printing packing slip status on orders screen

We print the packing list to pull our items. There is no way to see if the packing list has been printed. We need this to display as a column on the order screen. Currently this can only be viewed in the shipments tab. "packing list printed". At shift change or when trying to trouble shoot there is not a way to determine this from the orders tab. If it has been printed, it is most likely somewhere in the warehouse being fulfilled. Not knowing this, can lead to it being printed a second time and a duplicate order pulled.…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. automate.io

Please create an integration like Zapier, but for Automate.io.They have workflow bots (multiple step push/pull, not just one push/pull). I would use it to sync my tracking numbers to a field in a g-sheet and then send an email from my Gmail (g-suite) account with the tracking number, all in the same flow.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Error notifications should be emailed, not just shown in the account

I have an integration problem where one of my selling channels drops out . I don't receive any email to notify me that there is a problem.

BUT This should be for all account errors that go into the notification area in shipstation, you should also be emailing these notifications to ensure that someone is aware of the problem. It is not the warehouse staff's job to notice these and I have no need to login to shipstation as the account owner unless there is a problem. I don't know about the problem unless I log in.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be great if you made an agreement with all the carrier companies.

I am currently using Parcelforce, but I do not have a Parcelforce account as a company. It would be great if you make a deal with all carrier companies in the same way. Thus, we do not have to open an account from all carrier companies.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Etsy

I would like Ship Station to be able to pull through Gift Notes from Etsy please. We need to see these as some of our items need messages in.
    Many thanks,
    Bec

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Additional Webhook Trigger - Voided Shipments

We need an additional webhook trigger that fires when a shipment is voided. This generally results in an updated tracking number that never gets sent over after the initial send.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Rename Custom Field headers

"Custom Field" data point can only be named just that. Would be great if I could rename headers for custom fields.

That would actually make it a true custom field...

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rename & Move orders into "Pending Fulfillment" category

Currently "Pending Fulfillment" is useless to our company as we are the supplier. It would be great if I could get some utilization out of the left side categories at all. Would be pretty easy to add a way to rename the categories on the left side and provide functionality to move orders between the categories as they move through the manufacturing process to shipping.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Scan Preset Package IDs/Names instead of having to select to select them from a drop down list

It would be helpful during shipping to be able to scan a box ID to fill in preset dimensions rather than selecting the box through a drop down list. To be a truly competitive shipping solution, you need to focus on speed of processing shipments. The best way to process shipments faster is to avoid having to use the keyboard/mouse when you should just be able to complete shipments with a scanner. Please consider adding this enhancement to create a shipping process where most orders can be shipped using only the scanner to fill in package details.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base