Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lock down carriers to specific stores

Can we add a feature which lets a carrier be locked down to a specific store within ShipStation? For instance, one of our customers has their credit card linked to a specific carrier, and so that carrier should -only- ever be used when doing shipments for that company. Should it ever be selected accidentally when doing shipments for another company, that would be a bad situation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simpler (and smaller) labels for First Class Letters

ShipStation currently only has the ability to print labels in 4x6 format, meaning that First Class Letter mailings that are smaller than this size (such as a #10 envelope) can't be handled through ShipStation.

Can we put on the roadmap, a feature which would allow simple, small labels which would fit on an envelope, to be created and printed through ShipStation?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. automation rules

be able to select multiple zones that may not be contiguous or multiple weights that may not be contiguous

So if I want to choose zones 1-3, zone 5 and zone 7-8 I could put in something like 1-3;5;7-8 instead of doing each in its own rule - that way I have 1 rule to create instead of 3

also be able to do the same thing soon shipping weights. greater than or equal to 1, greater than 4 but less than or equal to 7

this way I could create one rule and automate them to ship a specific…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. printing options

FedEx and UPS have different types of labels. Printing adjustments need to be implemented per carrier. For example, ref 1 and ref 2 would come out differently for UPS and FedEx labels. As of right now, if you want you PO to come out as ref 1 on UPS it will not come out as PO reference on FedEx.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Notification for expiring token

Would be great to get an auto-generated email notification in advance of a marketplaces's expiring token. Maybe 30 days/7 days/1day warnings, or something along those lines. It creates a bit of a mess if a channel is disconnected while orders are coming in. This just happened to me- the way I found out was because my marketplace shipment notifications were failing. I chatted with an agent about it and they did not even see that was the issue. I figured it out myself. Thanks for considering!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. print one packing slip per page AND a packing slip with label on another page.

I would like to have the capability to print one packing slip to a full sheet AND print a packing slip and label on a separate full sheet. If you need to add a new form called "invoice" so that could print one per full sheet that would be acceptable as well. This is definitly needed for printing bulk labels. When more than one order is selected it always prints 2 packing slips per page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom colors for columns

It would be easier to distinguish between things at a glance like shipping collected vs. rate if we could assign custom colors to the columns in the Orders view.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mobile App Customs Declaration

Can you please add in the ability to add Customs Declarations via the mobile app, so that we can ship Internationally using the app and not just Domestically.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  ShipStation Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Electronic Signature on Auspost Intl CN22 labels

Automatic electronic signature and date for Auspost International labels to certify declaration would be great!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. rename order number

We have orders in the past that were imported with the wrong name or the order was bad and want to redo it.

Right now you cannot delete an order (understand this) but if I could rename the orders and cancel them I would not have integration problems.

One of our cases is we made 8 orders of the same number due to seperate shipping. We now want to fix them to give distinct numbers for connecting different systems. These are past orders with shipping information so all we want to do is change the order number to be correct.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great to have a scan to verify feature on the shipstation app. Or even a smooth picking system somewhere integrated on the order

It would be great to have a scan to verify feature on the shipstation app. Or even a smooth picking system somewhere integrated on the orders tab to allocate/assign pick jobs with corresponding orders. To ensure the right item ordered is going out correctly to minimize errors.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. product sales report by order number

I use the product sales report each month but I'd like to have the option to limit by order number rather than just date.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. product sales report by order number

I use the product sales report each month but I'd like to have the option to limit by order number rather than just date.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. skypostal

Please develop the integration with SKYPOSTAL a new international shipping provider

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need to implement the brazilian VAT number

Please create a field in the customers attributes for brazilian VAT number since its now required for customers in Brazil

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need to implement the brazilian VAT number

Please create a field in the customers attributes for brazilian VAT number since its now required for customers in Brazil

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. truncate customs declaration field for DHL eCommerce

DHL Ecommerce only allows 50 characters in the customs declaration. It would save a huge amount of time if I could set the character limit of the declaration to match DHL eCommerces limit so that I wouldn't get an error every time my description went over 50 characters

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Increased Search Functionality

Tl;dr - Make a search function that searches across all fillable fields.

Hi howdy! My company sells products with unique serial numbers, of which one or more serial numbers are associated with an order.
    In my ideal fulfillment service, I'd be able to search a serial number and find the associated serial number.

The problem:
    Currently, the only 'free' fillable space that is searchable via Quick Search is "Internal. We regularly use the "Internal" field for communicating special order details to our operators, so that's not an option.
    We can use "Custom Field 1", but that isn't searchable via Quick…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UPS Worldwide Economy

Can Shipstation please add UPS Worldwide Economy as an international shipping option? I spoke to our UPS rep and they are now offering UPS Worldwide Economy as a low cost option targeting ecommerce businesses. They offer international shipments in 5 - 12 days as a cost lower than USPS First Class Intl. Affordable international shipping is one of the biggest hurdles for online retailers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. US stamps from Canadian account

I would like to be able to print US postage from my Canadian SS account. Currently, the only way that I've found to do this is to buy branded postage rolls from Endicia or the like which is more expensive. I ship (by UPS) boxes of catalogs into the US to someone who can enter them into the US mail stream. All I need is to have the postage already on the envelope. Having this ability within ShipStation would eliminate the need to have an account with stamps.com, and would streamline my billing and workflow.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base