Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Prevent creating label if insure amount is $0 when the insurance is selected

One of our employees overlooked the insured amount and printed the label thinking that it's already insured. The dollar amount is $0 -- the system should prevent them from creating the label when the amount is set to $0 only when the insurance option is selected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. ShipStation does not have the functionality for ORMD(hazardous material) shipping

There is no option for ORMD under shipping options (FedEx ) and Special Handling/Hazardous Material under USPS. We ship Essential oils and this is a required field.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. assigning orders

It would be awesome for high volume companies like us to be able to check off users who are shipping for the day and have the total number of orders evenly distributed and assigned among those users selected. This way one does not have to manually assign those orders to specific users

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. want private notes from amazon and etsy to be sent to shipstation

want private notes from amazon and etsy to be sent to shipstation. i keep notes about the order in the private notes and would like to see them in shipstation since the orders are orgainized so much better in shipstation

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OrderStatus of Delivered needed and Webhook for integrations

Delivered - Add an order status of delivered. If you're already polling to get data on the carrier status to show the delivered icon in the UI, it shouldn't be hard to write a line to push it to the Shipstation order table in MySQL to have the status 'Delivered'. For integrations and api users, this would be super ideal. Plus add a webhook for this.

Webhooks are extremely lacking, and then for the webhooks, a resource_url is not useful. Look at stripe and how they handle their webhooks. A lot could be learned from how they handle their webhooks,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make "ship by" exportable

I would like to be able to export the date we are suppose to ship an order by. You can see this date in the order summary when in an order and there is an option on the orders tab to view this in the shipment, but there is no report to export this data. This is an important part of the shipping business to make sure you are shipping orders out by the time frame given from the marketplace.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add customizations for the Return Reasons

I wish we had the opportunity to customize the "Return Reasons" on the Branded Returns Portal. The default options are not relevant to our product returns.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Different account than primary account for returns

Hi there, we find that a major limitation is that we cannot select another FedEx account other than the default account for returns. This is a hassle on a daily basis as we use a third party account for all outgoing orders by FedEx but we would like to use our own FedEx account for returns from our Shopify store which go out by USPS. Can you fix this issue ?

Thanks
    Dominique

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have your own/integrated RMA software

We can create return labels, but it'd be so handy if we could have an integrated system to track those RMA's to make things easier without using outside software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding Carrier

We use several carriers that are not listed. It would be helpful if they were added: https://www2.rlcarriers.com/
    plus, https://saia.com/default.aspx; https://works.pittohio.com/myPittOhio/; https://wardtlctools.com/wardtrucking/
    Thanks for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a column "Shipment Time" in the Shipments screen

Having a column "Shipment Time" in the Shipments screen would be very helpful to view what time a specific order was batched. This would also help when creating reports. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4 x 4 Labels

Hi,

We currently use DPD as we were doing international shipping and are happy with their rates. Their printer only prints 4 x 4 labels which the barcode scanner is setup to read throughout the parcel's journey.

I've just been in touch with your help desk and they said you only support 4x6 and 8x11, is there any way you can get 4x4 as one of the settings?

Many thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automate the backorder process

The ability to select items to be made into a BACKORDER is critical. When you can't ship an entire order - to have to go in and MANUALLY split it first, then ship the first part etc etc is tedious and creates a LOT of extra work.
    One should be able to select items that are not shipping in an order, mark them as a backorder, (or even CANCELLED) and have a new order created with the backordered items. IN addition, those items should be listed in the notes or as an add on to the currnt order so the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a box on New Order Screen for Customer PO Number

Hi, It would be great if you can add a box by the new order menu to enter our customer PO number, so it also appears on the packing list, and when they receive the order they know what it is.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Request to unlink document settings for Labels and Return Labels

I want labels to automatically print, and return labels to automatically save as PDF. Right now if I set labels to automatically print, then when I make a return label it will print that too. I don't need to print return labels as we send them to customers' emails.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Send email to Assignee

I would like to assignee orders to coworkers so they can take action but not have to send them a separate email. It would be nice if when I assigned a person to the order ship station would send them an email with a note

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adding Chitchats to your list of carriers please

ChitChats is a new shipping platform available in Canada. It allows us to ship products around the world for a fraction of the price of normal carriers. They are expanding at a rapid rate and I only foresee us using them more in the future. We want to be able to track our ChitChat shipments via ShipStation so we can keep customers updated on their order tracking. Please consider adding them to your carriers!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base