Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide Storefronts

The system gives you the ability to add multiple storefronts, which is a great feature, but you should also have the ability to control who sees those storefronts in case you have a situation where you don't want certain users having access to a particular storefront.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Return Label Generation Approvals by Shipper

It would be nice to have the ability to require approval requests prior to generating a customer printed return label.

For our business, shipping the product is rather expensive and we'd like the chance to correct the issue without a return before a returns the product un announced. By providing technical support and product education we're often able to correct the issue. without the chance to have that discussion we may end up spending more money on shipping than necessary.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort Shipping carriers in the label section

It would be helpful to be able to sort the Shipping Service carriers in the drop down menu for creating the label. The ones we typically use are at the very bottom. It would be more efficient to have them moved to the top.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Group Orders

Bring back the Group orders by Line items in the Main Grid. In the old layout there was a way to group the items by Line Items. That same feature does not exist in the new layout and slows down our shipping process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Importing Orders using Auto Paste

When importing orders from a CSV, it would be nice to have the option to have the name and address all as one field that ShipStation auto recognizes as it does when one puts in a single new order manually. Sometimes customers send addresses as one field and it is a pain to separate the fields for large numbers of orders. Loading with auto recognition would be super convenient.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Exporting Tracking with URL links

I would like to have a way to export large numbers of tracking numbers in the shipment export feature so that they have links embedded in each tracking number. This would be especially helpful when sending tracking to customers who have ordered hundreds of shipments at once. Cutting and pasting each individual one from the order details page is too painful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hermes integration

We'd love to use Hermes with Shipstation. Any chance of an integration with a normal Hermes account?
    Shipstation can connect to a Hermes Corporate account, but not a normal Hermes business account, such as a credit account or even a myHermes account.
    We send over 100,000 parcels a year, but not all with Hermes so don't qualify for their corporate account.
    Lots of people use Hermes and for some it is their main courier, so not being able to use it with ShipStation will stop those people using ShipStation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am looking to enable the GoGreen Carbon Neutral Service with DHL.

We are a carbon negative business and have recently moved our courier from DPD to DHL. There seems to be no way to select the GoGreen Carbon Neutral Service with DHL. This feature is absolutely critical to us, as we have to offset the carbon emissions if we don't select this option. We urgently need this option enabled please.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Order Number included on shipping label as a BarCode

It would be helpful to have an option to add a Barcoded version of the Order Number to the shipping label (say below the tracking barcode). That way when an order gets packed it would be easy to scan the order number to ensure the right order is going in the right box.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restrict available Products in Manual stores

I work for a warehouse and we ship out items for multiple different businesses. It would be nice to be able to restrict available products in manual-store so when a manul order is created only the products for that store come up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Duplicate company name on shipping label

The return address requires the NAME field to be completed. As a company, we put our brand name (company name) in that field. However, if the COMPANY NAME field is left empty, it appears to auto-populate that on the USPS shipping labels.

I'm left with my return address looking like this:
    Company Name
    Company Name
    Address 1
    Address 2
    City, State, Zip

Customer service suggested I put a period(.) in the NAME field and put my company name in COMPANY NAME, but this does not look good to my customers. Looks unprofessional.

Can you fix this?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Track actual shipping cost

It would be great if there was a way to track the actual cost of shipping and enable it to be exported to ecomdash or quickbooks. Most of our items have free shipping so there is no line item for shipping. This would be a huge tool for everyone to use and see where they stand on actual shipping cost for items that have shipping included in the price.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make clearer the UPS Surepost options are required at the bottom of the "UPS Settings" page

It was very non-obvious about why the SurePost options weren't made available to us after we were entered our own UPS account information; however, we realized that the fields at the bottom of the page were actually required if we toggled the "Enable Consolidation Services" on.

It would be really helpful to clarify that they were required because otherwise the options are just marked not allowed for this account when attempting to select those shipping services.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. set refresh date back ourselves (API and ODBC stores)

Every day or two an order gets missed from our ERP system and never gets imported into Shipstation. When this happens we have to contact support and ask that they do a refresh for us (not the manual one on the top of the screen) and set the refresh date back to reimport the order.

This takes time, stops our work in out tracks and really hurts our productivity. Having an option (maybe buried deeper in the settings) for a "hard refresh" or "back in time refresh" to do a one time refresh for any orders that were skipped for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. multi parcel international

We regularly ship multiple parcels to Europe via ParcelForce yet it doesn't give us the option to add Multiple Parcels to one shipment for international orders. This would be SUCH a time saver if we can do this, I can't see why we can do this for domestic parcels and not international..

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disallow disabling owner account

In the User Management screen the owner can disable their own account causing the account to still be running (until the credit card expires) but no way to log back in without contacting support (which isn't open on weekends).

Instead, there should be an option to transfer account ownership to another account and/or completely delete the ShipStation account.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ShipSurance billing - Refunds and all transactions need to be displayed!

I had contacted Shipstation today to see if my voided ShipSurance insurance was actually refunded; because there is NO way to see the last 14 days of insurance purchases or refunds with ShipSurance.

When Shipstation finally got back to me, I was told that this "FEATURE" (to see our purchased and refunded Shipsurance payments) is NOT AVAILABLE... Instead, I was told to create this "Feedback Suggestion," in hopes that it would get "voted on." (See attached email from your staff).

I am NOT happy! That is NOT a good answer. We buy tons of insurance on a daily basis, and…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change Order Numbers - Split Ship Mode

The duplicate order number that the split ship mode creates is a big problem for our workflow. With the new layout, we lost the ability to create a suffix Ex:(Order # -1) when splitting orders. We would really like the ability to edit order numbers or add a suffix again so we do not have duplicate orders floating around.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shipstation does not allow the ability to display the SKU description in the Orders/User Column

We really need the SKU description as a column setting option. Our order processor often times needs to re-confirm product details (description) prior to printing orders. This is a very cumbersome process and could be made easier if SS would allow this to display as in a column in order management

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. E-mail specific recipients for various events within ShipStation

Can we have a feature which lets us set up e-mail lists for people (not necessarily customers) to receive updates as shipments move throughout the ShipStation system?

For instance, I would like to have the system send an e-mail to a person in our mailing department whenever the labels for a batch are printed, and maybe for other events such as shipments being cancelled, shipped, postage being deducted, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base