Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Company" should be a field in Advanced Search

For B2B companies, having "company" in advanced search is almost a requirement. Often times the person calling does not have the name of the person that ordered last, making it impossible to find a previous order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Back Market Integration

Back Market (based in France) is a selling platform for consumer electronics. They have a US page were you can include their API integration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ship from location defaults to store I am shipping from

I have several stores and would like to know if there is a way that when I click on an order it automatically shows its being sent from that store. Many times I forget to change the ship from location and the store the item was purchased in shows ( to the customer ) it was sent from a different store/location.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for sharing! You can do this by using automation rules.

Head on over to settings and then automation rules. You’ll set up rules to say “If the store equals… then set ship from location”.

This way, every time an order imports from a specific store, your automation rules will automatically set that up for you so you don’t need to do it every time! If you have questions, please reach out to our folks here at support@shipstation.com

or take a look at our help article here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004016752

4. Netparcel.com shipping integration to save on parcel shipments

NetParcel shipping integration with ShipStation to save everyone on shipping costs with all the couriers instead of having to negotiate rates directly with couriers. This has changed the game for our business for shipping parcels, especially to the USA and I still use it, it is a pain having it not integrated. I hope others get on board with this and vote!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Button for mapping address location

Im going to sound lazy when I say this , but can you add a button next to the address that will link directly to a map software. Google earth would be great. I use this often to be sure that if someone orders and provides a Postal address that they truly do have a mailbox or mail slot. Actually looking at the satellite view helps immensely with making sure the address is correct. I understand I can copy and paste but a little button would be O so cute!
    Thank you !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Customer overview, Canadian map.

Customer overview for Canadian users shows the USA map only. Maybe have a Canadian map alternative for us Canadians to use. This information is always helpful to see which province is doing best and to work out shipping costs etc.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Taking a picture of out going order

Many times, I send multiple items out in one package and occasionally I get customers that say they didn't receive it . In most cases I concur that I may may missed an item, but others I suspect they are fibbing. Id like to have the ability of snapping a picture of the items I am sending prior to packing. Perhaps, there could be a button on the order screen that snaps a picture / small video clip of the products being shipped. This picture can either be sent to the customer or kept private. If its sent my the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ChitChats + ShipStation

Please add ChitChats to the list of carries in the "mark as shipped" options to have a direct link to their tracking page in ShipStation confirmation emails.

https://chitchats.com/tracking/*****tracking number****

A full integration would be wonderful in the future, but this would be a good start for Canadian stores using their fulfillment service.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Delivery time feature

I would like a feature that shows when you need to deliver the package depending on the speed the customer pays for. On the order in ship-station you can see the ship by date but I need to know what day we have to delivery it by. This will save time when shipping. Currently we need to go to amazon to confirm the time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add funds button color

Would like the "add funds" button to be a different color - red works. We add in blocks of large funds to make it easier for accounting department. They get upset at small adds. Sometimes while flying through orders we don't notice we're also adding funds and not only shipping because the button color is the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. label format switching

We should be able to switch between 4x6 and 8x11 with or without packing slip. It is such an important thing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. printing hotkeys

Currently, when you try to print the full hotkey list under "Support resources" and then "Hotkeys", it provides all hotkeys, including the ones I created, which are listed as "Custom Shipping Presets".

When I go to Print PDF, the "Custom Shipping Presets" are not included in the PDF. I would like to recommend that be included in the PDF or there is a way to have a one pager of all the Hotkeys created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The 'Mark as Shipped' form needs a few more 'carrier' options

We need two more carrier options in the Mark as Shipped form drop down list:

1) Will-Call Pick-Up (or Customer Pick-Up)
    2) Local Delivery ( or delivered by our company)
    3) Freight or LTL

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow 'Or' logic, case statements, and 'in' lists for automation rules

Automation Rules need to be able to use 'Or' logical conditions, case statements, or inclusion lists.
    For example.. to assign a specific carrier/serivce option for ground shipments, we almost exclusively go by weight. And then map the different sales channels' versions of what 'ground' means.

It would save alot of redundant rules to be able to add these logical conditions to this.
    whereby we could then do this in just one rule, instead of many redundant rules.

if weight > = 16 oz and
    (requested service = 'Free Shipping'
    or requested service = 'Std US D2D Dom')
    then {do this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Negative Inventory

Allow stock level to fall below zero. This will help accounts where shipments are still allowed for zero inventory items and will account for the items which shipping labels have been create for.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Different automatic Cut-Off times

I'd like to be able to set different cut-off times for each carrier. To make life easier for our USPS carrier I print out the end of day for him so he has a lot less to scan. But if I don't continually change the shipment day on orders I pack up after he leaves, then those orders aren't included in tomorrow's end of day sheets.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Chronological Pick List

I would like my shipping team to pull and ship items in the order of which they are received.

Please add the option "Order Items By: Age"

Furthermore, it would be great if the pick listed printed in the exact order of the way you configure the awaiting shipments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Track Value of Inventory

I'd like to see a way to value my entire inventory for reporting purposes. Just a simple report that can take the input value of every item times the number of items and report how much your total inventory is worth.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deduct Inventory for imported FBA orders.

I sell via Amazon FBA, eBay, and my own website. I have all the orders piped into ShipStation so I can see all the data in one place. I'd like to be able to track my entire inventory though SS but the FBA imported orders don't deduct from the inventory numbers, even when I use channel specific SKUs, Store Aliases, and an FBA specific warehouse to deduct from.

After talking with customer support, I'm told this is because FBA orders are imported as already shipped. Whereas if they came in as "Awaiting Shipment" I could get them to deduct from…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add "Package" as a mappable field for CSV order uploads

Add "Package" as a mappable field for CSV order uploads

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)