Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. wireless printing support

Be able to use wireless printers through shipstation connect which is currently unsupported (requires physically connected printers)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices

How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices to their shipments. Today I have to send an email for every order that requires an Invoice or PO attached. Make Shipstation only useful for Ecomm and not Retail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Copy "Note from Buyer" to "Note to Buyer"

Looking to copy text in"Note from Buyer" iver to "Note to Buyer" based on contents. Shopify puts gift notes, App notes, and duty/tax info all in "Notes from Buyer". We would like to create an automation rule that analyzes the content and copies it over to the "Note to Buyer" or "Internal Notes" fields. Currently you can only add static notes based on this content, but we need to copy over specific information (ie: gift notes).

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Amazon Buy Shipping Multiple Packages

It would be very helpful if we would be able to ship multiple packages on an amazon buy shipping order instead of splitting shipments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multiple package Option at Print & Scan Page

It would be nice we can select multiple package at scan to print location.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Inventory updating to third party

I think a good idea would be automatic inventory update to multiple selling channels when selling so you don’t over sell. Meaning if I sell 3 items on eBay it will automatically deduct that on all selling channels so that all selling channels have updated and same qtys at all times.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delay Order Sync

Basically, we need a setting that allows you to say "only pull orders from Shopify that are at least XX minutes old". Preferable at least 30-60 minutes old, in my case.

We use an app called One Click Upsell, which basically presents customers with an opportunity to add a special deal to their order after they've already checked out. It comes in as a 2nd transaction, but the app automatically merges the 2 orders within Shopify. There's a decent likelihood that we could sync our orders and pull an order into ShipStation in that window of time between when a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automate new orders automatically being put into a batch based on their predefined shipping labels

Automate new orders automatically being put into a batch based on their predefined shipping labels.

That way I can go in and just hit print instead of sorting orders to put into a batch

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Saved search settings in Advanced Order Search

We used advanced search print our daily orders and filter out orders using order tags for fraud, or customer address correction, or backorders, or packing slip already printed, etc. It would be great to be able to save the criteria rather than selecting all those tags manually, many times per day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. in cart delivery feature request: product attribute based ship methods and box assignment

I've seen the basic functionality of ShipStation's In Cart Delivery feature that is currently in Beta. We love the idea of expanding our use of ShipStation with the In Cart Delivery feature, but to use this feature, we will need the ability to restrict ship methods and box selection based on product attributes. We've defined our detailed requirements here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DNOpyuWrTFCtrbaOTx6Hxu_9vYS1HIynbMtsZbDYsEE/edit?usp=sharing

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. packing slip

Prevent a product from showing up on packing slip.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. add multiple hold buttons and areas

It would be nice to have the option of different hold areas to separate any orders by type of hold. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Woocommerce Shipping Insurance option

I would like to offer optional shipping insurance at checkout on my woocommerce website. It would be awesome if shipstation had an integration or plugin for this like some of the other shipping platforms.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multiple Harmonization Codes

As ShipStation doesn't support kits or bundles.

In terms of international shipping, this means I have to manually add harmonization codes for each individual item. On the backend, I couldn't add multiple harmonization codes under the products and my Shipstation contact said it was not possible.

We just shipped 20 international kits with 10+ items and had to add each harminzation code individually. It took forever!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Prepaid VAT

We sell on eBay's various international websites but from the US. IE we have listings up on ebay.co.uk

Because of EU laws, eBay is now required to collect and remit VAT taxes on our behalf. The way that they do this is they charge the customer the tax and then add a third address line to their address which includes a customer VAT account number and paid notice. This way the customer doesn't have to pay VAT at the time of delivery.

Ship Station however is not pulling that third line item in so our customers are being double charged…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make Label Messages Available on UPS SurePost Labels

I would like to have the option of putting custom label messages on our UPS Surepost labels. Things like the order number (which I have on all of our outgoing parcels) or a message that would be visible to anyone reading the label.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Verification of Postcode/Zipcode

Verification of the delivery address postcode/zipcode needs to be installed. Currently we have had a couple of orders where the first line of the address has been similar and the address has verified to a completely different city, with completely different postcode. Postcode was YO but was changed by Verification to TQ. Surely a Verification of delivery address should take into consideration the city and especially postcode/zipcode!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. backorder notification

I often have to split shipments and send backorders and special orders at a later date, free of charge. Currently, when I am preparing to ship a backorder, I mannually send emails out to all the receipients of the incoming backorders and provide them with a "free shipping" coupon code, so they can purchase additional products to add to the shipment without incurring more shipping charges. My conversion rate is usually between 30-40%, and it helps offset the price of multiple shipments. Customers also love the opportunity to save.

It would be great it there was a notification template that…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Print tracking # in message area on shipping label

We are used to having a peel off receipt on the shipping label that has the tracking #. This can be affixed to a hardcopy document for reference. Would like to be able to print the tracking # in the message area of the shipping label.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base