Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need ability to edit order items for non manual stores

Would like the ability to edit order details in all stores not just manual stores. If a customer calls to alter their order we have to cancel original order and create a new order.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Send Shipping Confirmations even if ShipStation cannot connect back to the sellers market place.

Could you add an automation rule that when Shipstation is not able to connect back to the market place it still emails the customer the tracking information when an Item is shipped. Right now, customers do not get emailed and it potentially creates an upset customer. You could even just switch the workflow to email customer then connect with market place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. DPD Expresspak

Can you add DPD Expresspak to the DPD services? Expresspak is for the international small parcels up to 3kg. We use Expresspak for all of our international orders but unfortunately Shipstation don't let us to use it. Therefore we have to use DPD classic which is £1-£2 more expensive per parcel. We lose about £20-£30 in a day and it cost about £500 in a month.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Email Daily Tracking Updates to Customers

I recently switched from OrderCup for shipping and AfterShip for tracking to ShipStation for both shipping and tracking. Overall, I am pleased with the switch. One feature that AfterShip supports that SS does not is the ability to email daily tracking updates to customers. This is extremely useful, particularly when deliveries are delayed due to customs or failed delivery attempts. SS only has the option to send an email when a package is shipped and when a package is delivered. Having used the daily tracking feature of AfterShip, I can conform that this is an extremely useful feature. - Christopher

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Late or on-time delivery status notices to shipper -

It begs to reason that we can set an internal notice where by a package that is shipped by a particular method should be auto-tracked and the status be updated in the shipments section. This way if a package is a day or 2 late, we can click on "track" and get updates. Or set an email message notification that says "this package is late " . This way we can sort it out before the customer expecting the package has to contact us to tell us the status. Not knowing the status of packages after they are shipped or…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am looking to reset my customer shipping records

I would really appreciate if I had the ability to erase all of my customers shipping data and be able to start with a new shipping history.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Global Express/ Global Express Packet/Global Express Envelope

Add integration support for the following Parcelforce services:

Global Express/ Global Express Packet/Global Express Envelope

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Line Item Export weight item with pounds

Line Item Export Value, trying to export item weight, however, it only allow to convert to oz , my product is 55lbs , which comes up to 880oz. We need to import lbs data to our shipping carrier system. This is very inconvenience which we have to convert back to pounds every time. Please add a field that able to export as pounds not just oz.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Report that shows orders ship in ShipStation, Mark as Ship, and update by Channel from awaiting shipment to Shipped

Currently you cannot get 3 of them in one screen for a specify shipped date.
    You can get regular shipped order and Mark as Ship order under Orders menu> Shipped section then choose a range of date then export order(ltem lines )
    Once exported there is a field for shipped orders only missing those orders updated by Channel

If shipped date was available to filter and result include those updated by channel update would be perfect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to ad carriers for freight.

It would be nice to ad our LTL Carrier to our list of carriers. You do a nice job for ground but fall way short for anyone using LTL freight. Even if it was an option for our developer to write a script it would be worth while and would not jam your team up. Please make an option to ad your own LTL carrier with an open API that will feed information back and forth. Thanks.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto Print label in Scan to Print

It would be great to have an option to auto create/print the shipping label once an order is entered in Scan to Print. We use packing stations and would like the packers to be able to scan the order, and a shipping label is printed right away without the extra step of confirming the print. Each station packs a few hundred orders a day, so having the extra step of confirming the print slows down our efficiency alot.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Default printing Packing Slips per store.

As a 3PL, we have a client that only has 2 sku's . We group the orders by Skus, then create batches. The batches could be hundreds of orders, but all the same configuration (Sku 1, Sku 2, or both). So there is no need for packing slips here. We have other customers that have multiple skus and configurations, so packing slips would make sense. It would be nice to set the default on printing packing slips per store so that we don't have to turn it on and off depending on which store we are going to fulfill.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Merged orders results in an inactive order that is not reachable via API

When you merge 2 orders, one order ends up inactive. The surviving order has a advancedOptions.mergedIds array with order IDs that are not reachable. Asking for them gives you a 404. There should be a way to query an inactive order.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automation Rules with "OR" criteria

Allow for "or" in automation rules. You currently have to create multiple rules instead of one rule to accomplish the same thing.

For example, I want to flag all express shipping.
    There are three ways this shows up: If the shipping service contains "Next", "Express", or is mapped to a particular express service.

I want the automation rule to tag orders that meet any of these criteria. Its not the end of the world, but to do this, I had to make three separate rules.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The ability to bulk "Mark as Paid" in awaiting payment VS marking one order at a time.

The ability to bulk "Mark as Paid" in awaiting payment VS marking one order at a time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Custom Reports or Exports to be pulled via API

Right now, among other things we have a custom export set to pull Shipment - Package count. We can see that info in ShipStation on the order details and also on the shipment summary tab, but that information is currently not available via Shipment API call. If that can be either added to the output or if we can somehow are able to call custom exports via API calls that will be awesome. Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. amazon transparency

Amazon has recently introduced their "Transparency" to better track inventory and to ensure its authenticity. We carry dozens of transparency enabled products which for merchant fulfilled orders require us to scan and upload transparency codes to Amazon that are scanned off the product. Currently this upload process is manual. We'd like for ShipStation to add a feature through the Amazon API that allows a scanned transparency code to be uploaded to the order and transmitted to Amazon when tracking information is transmitted.

More on Amazon's Transparency program here: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/202008510

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Creating a label

Being able to have a email autoatically sent EVERYTIME we create a label. For example, when we want to do an exchange, we have to search in our client database and find the one we're looking for and then create a label that isn't attached to any order. in that case, we have to email that custumer personnally to tell them that the exchange package is being sent and give them their tracking number.

So, what we would want is that everytime a label is created, wheather it's attached to an order or not, an automatic email is sent (like…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Use customer's first name only

Add a Field Replacement option that lets you use your customer's first name instead of their first and last. It looks more personal and other companies are doing this already.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base