Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scan UPC (not barcode) to bring up order

We haven't seen the ability to scan the UPC (not barcode) to bring up an order. There is a mention about scanning the SKU but not the UPC.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. carrier shipping charges

Allow carrier shipping charges to be included in Shipment Notification emails. Very important feature for companies that provide drop-shipments.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reoccurring Orders

We have customers asking for reoccuring orders but this feature is not yet available in ShipStation. Any idea when this functionality will be live? This takes out a lot of manual & monthly steps for our team.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Logo on "Ship From" addresses.

We do drop shipping for some clients using our address. It would be much simpler for us if we could add their logo to the "Ship From Address" rather than having to create a whole new store for them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Tophatter order information import should include 'upsell' information

The variations on Tophatter orders include size / color / upsells. Only size is imported to Shipstation now. When I offer promotions in my store, the rate for buyers to pick upsells is around 1/8 or higher. And I have hundreds orders to ship everyday. Full order information is needed for shipping orders, please add color and upsell information when importing orders from Tophatter so we don't need to check each order here and there.
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to update custom field on shipped orders using API

I need the ability to edit the custom fields via the API after the order has a shipped status.

This feature would help so us so that i can insert the customer group. We run reports on this info and have misinformation because some orders get marked as shipped and the automated API function cant update the custom field on the order

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Accounts that are not the Account Admin to have certain restrictions

I run a fulfillment business with more than one customer. I would like to create accounts for my customers so they can see the back end (as they have requested) only for their respective store. My main issue is that I can only use automation to assign new sales to their account, however, I can't retroactively put old sales onto their account. I think that this would solve a lot of issues that shipstation customers may be having when they have more than one user account.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Loomis Integration

Did you plan a Loomis integration ?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Not all Shipped Items are Showing in Shipping Reports

When trying to use the SHIPPED ITEMS report, I discovered that a large order that went out the previous week was not included in this report. After speaking with your rep via chat, it was discovered that because we marked the order "shipped" manually, it isn't included in the report.

This makes the SHIPPED ITEMS report useless.

Can you please include ALL shipped items regardless of how they were shipped? (this one happened to go out via truck)

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make vague errors less vague to help support and users

Problem: Errors like "The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid " are vague and result in more interactions and higher chat time due to the many variables that this error stems from.

User Goal: Be able to understand errors, what to do to fix them, and not have to contact support.

How often does the user encounter this?: Users come in with other vague errors asking to see what they mean and how they can fix it. It requires a lot of digging on the agent end and results in higher chat time.

ZD link: …

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. UCC-128 shipping label format

Currently there is no option within ShipStation to chose which shipping label format you want to use for printing. Please add an option to chose the UCC-128 label format.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Delivery Time API

The ShipStation API has a "Get Rates" endpoint that allows a consumer to retrieve rates for carrier shipping services, much like the Rate Calculator in the web interface (except the API requires you to specify the carrier).

In the response, the call returns the following fields:
    - serviceName (FedEx First Overnight)
    - serviceCode (fedexfirstovernight)
    - shipmentCost (87.8)
    - otherCost (2.63)

In the web interface, it also returns Package (which I'm not too concerned about) and Delivery Time ("7 days," "3 days," etc).

It would help me tremendously to have the API report the Delivery Time for each rate…

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. seller fulfilled prime tracking

Currently orders shipped using Amazon Shipping to purchase the shipping do not update tracking status in the shipments tab - they just show the "?" delivery status unknown icon even once they are delivered.

It would be great if the tracking icon and status updated in the display just like when we purchase shipping through the carriers direct.

Thanks

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automation Rule to print to designated printer based on a field value

It would be very useful o have Automation Rule to print to designated printer based on a field value, becuase I use different printers for USPS , Fedex and UPS

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. End of day - Restircted users can see shipments created by other users

Hi,

Users with restricted rights that should only be able to see shipments created by them, are able to see shipments created by other users in the End Of Day forms. Furthermore they are able to print End of Day form for shipments they did not create. End of day form has shipments details from all orders and not just theirs. This is a security concern and defeats the whole purpose of having the option of having a user not see other users shipments

This seems to be a bug. Kindly fix.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Is there a way to charge the customer for the return label?

Is there a way to charge the customer for the return label so that we are not paying for every return label? This would especially be good if the customer is returning due to their own error or because they just changed their mind instead of us paying for every single return label?

157 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all your feedback.

This idea is under consideration as we look at ways to improve the Branded Returns Portal. We are still seeking feedback on what the ideal experience would be, both from the merchant perspective as well as from your customer perspective. Please feel free to leave additional comments with your thoughts about how you’d like to see this implemented.

17. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to aspdotnetstorefront and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

18. RMA Page / Notice or Alert / Search Functionality

Now that you have a decent start with the Customer Generated RMAs, it would be very useful to have a page for RMAs (and their current status). Or at least add a way to find a specific RMA in your search functionality.

As the system is currently configured, we get packages returned to us out of the blue and it takes a little more work to determine what order the return belongs to before we can process it.

Also, we are currently logging all received RMAs in a spreadsheet and had a case where the order number was not logged…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing up all this great info on returns, @chesshouse! Your return labels have the RMA number printed on them. Once you receive a package, you can use the advanced search on the shipments page to look up orders by the RMA number.

When you use advanced search on shipments, remember to change the category to returns (this is the first field you see after clicking “advanced search”). This will be the most direct way to look up your returns.

You can also do a quick search by your customer’s name or city. This will pull up all of the shipments associated with their name or the city. Then you can click on the returns tab to view all returns.

As for your spreadsheet logging, can you give me more detail on what you’re doing with it?

19. Log-In/Log-Out Simplicity for Multiple Users

Holding employees accountable limits shipping mistakes, but with so many ShipStation accounts & so many Shippers (people who use ShipStation for creating labels), signing out & in becomes an inconvenience, especially on busy days. A feature that allows for an automatic sign-out after x amount of minutes of inactivity would help tremendously in pinpointing what user shipped what product as it forces whoever to sign in to their account.

Having the option to toggle between several accounts would also be helpful as log-ins/log-offs are not intervened with. Maybe having some sort of pin to toggle between the accounts would be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display the actual tag name in the tag column, not just color

If you add the Tag column all you see is the color bubble. I'm trying to use tags to classify my orders properly but when I have the orders page open I can't see how that order is classified by just the color.

I'm slightly color blind but that's not the point here, if you're using tags to classify products somehow, then the actual tag name should be displayed in the tag column.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base