Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Demand vs. Stock on Hand

For anyone doing Just in Time fulfillment, preorders, or presales... It is Very important to be able to see How many skus sold, vs. how many in stock. The balance would let you know how much is OVERSOLD or PRE ORDERED. Our company can produce products on demand, thus giving us a production list so we can get the orders out.

Currently , it is a massive headache to see negatives.
    This would also be beneficial to companies that have accidently oversold or have reconciled inventory and are missing the stock they need to satisfy the orders.

Example
    SKU -…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re interested in getting more information about what inventory source(s) you are using and how you’d like to view the on-hand vs in-stock counts.

Could you provide some more details on how you store inventory and how you’d like to view this in ShipStation?

2. Add Warehouse Location to Order Summary Report!

Add Warehouse Location to Order Summary Report!

This would make putting orders together so much easier. There is no easy link between the pick list and order summary.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bulk order update upon product import

Currently the ability to apply product data updates/changes to existing orders only exists when you are making changes to individual products. It would be extremely valuable for this feature to also be available for product imports, for example when updating warehouse location through a bulk product import and having those changes be reflected in current orders in the queue.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shipping and Quotes for Multiple Packages

We ship a large majority of our orders in multiple packages and currently do so manually by going into the order, clicking "+" next to "Package" to ship multiple packages, and applying a "Package Set". It would save a lot of time to allow multiple packages when creating new "Preset Groups" under the "Products" tab. Currently, it only allows us to preset one package under "Shipping Defaults" when adding a Preset Group. Please also input a "+" button for multiple packages for the Rate Calculator and when creating return labels. These new additions would improve our workflow and the efficiency…

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Turn Off Auto Assign RMA

I would like to have an option to set default for Auto Assign RMA to on or off. I want to enter them all manually

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Organize Items on an order

We would like to have the ability to rearrange, drag and drop, or select and tab up or down, etc. Items on an order to arrange it in a specific order. Our process flow is that we pick orders the way the product is laid out in the warehouse. a particular style is set left to right from smallest to largest. Our customer read orders the same way. Everyone is taught at a very young age that we organize from smallest to largest. left to right. Well, except for countries that read from right to left. Therefore we would like…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Safedrop

Allow us to set the default confirmation for Australia post to not be safe drop through an automation rule?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the update! Now I understand and you’re right. The best route today is to use the sidebar to update your orders through the sidebar. For now, we’ll wait to hear from other users on their feedback on this before moving forward.

8. updating inventory via barcode scan

Since we now use the Shipstation inventory feature, it would be great to be able to barcode scan inventory into the Shipstation system. It just makes sense if we are using barcode scanning to locate orders, etc that we would be able to scan a products barcode, enter the received amount and it would update the Shipstation system.

We are a small but growing company and prefer to keep as much as we can in one native system which also keeps overall costs a lower for us. We are happy to pay a bit more to Shipstation for these solutions.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. new zealand

Add address validation for new Zealand with DHL, I believe DHL already offer it within the API it just needs to be utilized.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Customers & Email Communication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring back search all history

Please bring back the 'search all time' option/link that displayed at the bottom of the standard 6 months of searching for historic orders.

The advanced search takes much longer to use having to pick date ranges etc - even having an option in that screen to just search for all time would be much quicker.

Thanks!

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. automation rules awaiting payment

I would really like Automation rules to apply to orders awaiting payment and on hold. I have an automation rule that tags really large orders 'special order' when they are going to be made to order, rather than picked from inventory. My warehouse software SkuVault, is configured to ignore orders tagged 'special order' in ShipStation. However, because automation rules don't apply until the order is awaiting shipment, that critical tag isn't applied and my inventory is allocated in error. I would love to hear the counter argument for why automation rules shouldn't run for orders that are awaiting payment or…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. add printing a registered mail label while shipping out using canada post.

I would like to recommend to add printing a registered mail label while shipping out using canada post. So far it only allows to print shipment with xpresspost, priority, regular and expedited

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Report Scrolling

The scroll bar at the bottom is allusive! We thought the report was very limited. Looked to the bottom, no scroll bar. UNTIL we went all the way to the bottom of the report and there it was, the scroll bar showing us this report is a heavy hitter and has everything anyone could ever want.

Suggestion: Make sure that tricky little scroll bar appears at the bottom ALWAYS.

PS this was Reports » Raw Data Exports >> Shipped Orders

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Updating orders in real time

The fact that this is not already a feature within ShipStation is astonishing. We had been using a more "limited" shipping platform before switching over to Shipstation, and this was a feature that was not only available but used on a daily basis. Seems fairly limited to not be able to update orders in real time and definitely would increase work flow with customer service issues.

Lets say the customer purchased a green tee and really wanted to purchase a blue tee and they contact customer service to have the order updated as they are the same price. We should…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom HTML Shipment Letter

In the templates section of the dashboard, it would be nice to have a 3rd option for a package 8.5x11 insert. For example, a thank you letter or instructions. Here is an example of an HTML letter I made hoping that I could have print from ShipStation in our warehouse for each package and use custom variables like customer name and order number to personalize it. It would be similar to the current customize option, but just a single WYSIWYG HTML editor to customize your own letter. Here's my HTML example: http://cvfracing.com/v/vspfiles/files/fonts/CVFLetterheadPurchase.html

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. customs declaration multiple lines, and freight addition

In the default customs declaration, under the product tab, we need to have the ability to add multiple line items. I can import packages into shipstation, but can not provide correct documentation when shipping internationally. I know I can add more lines, once in the order, but what good is a preset if it's not capable to ship multiple products with different values. Simply add the (+ADD DECLARATION) function into the preset tab under products. This would be great, and should have been available from the start. Also, currently there is no way to add freight charges for the customs…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. We need an end of day report for UPS that is scannable.

We need an end of day report for UPS that is scannable. Having only the electronic transmission is keeping the customer from tracking packages as the distribution center doesn't always get the scans when the packages go through the site. Plus the electronic transmission doesn't capture when the packages leave our dock.

81 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. external provider

When running my end of day report to see what was shipped from Ship Station any order that show up External provider does not pull over into ANY report that I run. I even had your support team try. We can not calculate our total properly because of this. Please fix.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @mleon thanks for bringing this up! I took a look into your ticket with our folks here and see you’ve gone through most of the reports and haven’t found what you’re looking for.

What kind of total are you looking to calculate?

Please let us know here in the forums so we can have an open discussion with others looking for reports.

20. First-class postage stamps

I have had an Endicia account for 10 years, and have used it to print my first-class postage on Stamps.com labels on my DYMO printer. However, for the past 6 months, Endicia has had a compatibility problem with the MS Windows operating system, and hundreds (or more!) customers have been unable to print postage via Endicia. AS a result, I have just cancelled my Endicia service, and resorted to buying stamps at the post office.....very inconvenient for a business ! My ShipStation account already charges my Stamps.com account for SS postage "refills", so it would be GREAT if SS could…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base