Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. switching between 8X11 and 4X6 custom packing slips

I was hoping you can add the ability to make switching between custom 4x6 and 8x11 packing slips easier. Our store is mainly a daily deals type store but we also have thousands of different products so half of our sales are people ordering one quantity of one product and the other half of our orders is just like any other. It is important that we switch between the 4x6 printer and the 8x11 printer in order to make our daily workflow go smoothly.

We currently print the daily deals type orders on the 4x6 and regular orders on 8x11…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Have the tracking link on the Shipments tab link to the Branded Tracking

Love the branded tracking, but still about 70% of customer contact is in relation to shipping, and my replies nearly always include a link to the carrier's tracking site, which I get by right clicking and 'copy link address' from the Shipments page in SS.

My request is that these links also link to the branded tracking, so I can see what the customer sees, and also avoids the need to link to USPS, DHL etc.

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. API branded Tracking Page

We send Shipping Notifications via our own system instead of ShipStation's built in shipping notification emails. We are looking for the ability to link to the branded tracking page. In order to do this we would need the ability to grab the link from ShipStation's API. Is there a way to do this currently? If not, I would like to request this feature.

Thanks!

69 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’re still reviewing this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

4. Branded Tracking Page- Support Mark as Shipped orders and Fulfillments that use supported carriers.

Branded tracking page is awesome, I'd like to propose that devs expand to include the big 4 (FedEx UPS DHL & USPS) on Mark as Shipped orders.

40 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. White label tracking page

We'd like the ability to use tracking.ourdomain.com as the tracking URL and remove the ShipStation branding. This could be a premium add-on for a few extra dollars a month.

21 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. package set

Each one of my products = (1) Package.

I have several Package Sets simply saved as 1 Box, 2 Boxes, 5 Boxes, 10 Boxes, 25 Boxes, etc.

If ShipStation could expose "Apply Package Set" to its list of available Bulk Actions, then you could sort your Shipping Queue by Quantity and configure multiple packages across multiple orders en masse.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improve timing of delivery notification emails

Right now when an order hits someone's doorstep, they can get a delivery notification email. Only problem is this email often doesn't get sent by ShipStation until hours later. We ship chocolate, so it's important the customer knows it's been delivered so they can keep it from melting. I was excited when I saw the delivery notification email, but then found out it's almost always delayed by a number of hours.

It seems like it would be a simple fix for the development team to allow these delivery emails to be triggered immediately or even within a 15-30 minute delay.…

28 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for adding your idea to the product feedback forum! The delivery confirmation email is ideal for customer feedback/reviews or social media follows, but I understand the need for immediate updates (especially in the case of chocolate!) so this idea will remain open for discussion.

Here’s a bit more on the ideal use of the delivery confirmation emails in one of our blogs: https://www.shipstation.com/blog/inking-new-ideas/shipstation-101-branding-part-iv-delivery-emails/

If you find your delivery emails aren’t being sent at all or days later, I recommend reaching out to our support team via chat or a support request to try to identify future issues.

8. High quality/better designed default email and packing slip templates

Let's face it, the default shipment notification is very 2002....and you need a phD in responsive email HTML in order to design and code a new one. ShipStation should put some resources into designing and coding some better-designed versions that we could pick from.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add quick search functionality to UPC, Item Description, and fulfillment SKU

add fields that are searchable, like upc, Description, Fulfillment SKU
    UPC is very important

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Only Display Qualified Shipping Methods that Meet Promised Delivery Guarantee

Especially when we ship orders for Premium 2 Day, or Seller Fulfilled Prime on Amazon (but also when our customers upgrade shipping on our storefront), it would be incredibly helpful for Shipstation to only display qualified shipping methods that will meet the delivery guarantee.

If you use the Buy Shipping Services in Seller Central, it already filters out methods that don't meet the guarantee. For example, if we are shipping from Indiana to Illinois, ground shipping is eligible, which saves us from paying extra for 2 Day Express. After all, the customer is buying a delivery time frame and not…

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Address Book

We ship to many customers over and over again. For most of these customers, their orders get input manually. Sometimes, shipstation keeps their addresses and we just have to search their name. Other times, for whatever reason, shipstation shunts all of their information. A way to save addresses permanently would be extremely helpful.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!

To clarify, are you inputting an email address on these manual orders when you are entering them? That is how manual orders’ customer records are saved.

Beyond that, you can import Customer records via a CSV record so long as a unique CustomerID is saved.

Just to clarify your ideas a bit more, what is the best alternative to this workflow that would help you guys save these records?

12. Allow printer commands to be send between shipments

We currently print 100 - 200 shipments a day and once in season will be printing 400 - 1000 shipments each day. We use a printer that has a cutter and have set the print driver to have the printer cut every other label. This works great until it hits a shipment that has enough line items so that the packing slip overflows to a second page. After that point, every label/packing slip is out of sync, with labels all attached to the wrong slips. This happens and creates a huge mess without warning.

If ShipStation allowed us to insert…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Order Transfer

Having the feature or capability to move orders from one store to another. It can start with the implementation of order management between the manual Shipstation stores. It is very troublesome to do the work around of cancelling orders and re-importing them.

71 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone! Thank you for bringing this to our attention! Can you tell us more about the last time you needed to transfer orders between accounts, and under what circumstances do you find yourself needing to transfer orders?

14. Multiple Printing Setup

Sometimes we process batches by **** a pick list, and then run 4x6 shipping labels and packing slips at the same time (so they come out together - we have all our inventory laid out from the pick list, and then work through the combined Packing Slip and Shipping Label...
    HOWEVER, there are times we want to run Packing Slips for a batch, pick those to a separate tote for EACH order (all the items look the same visually - hard to sort them from a pick-list pile).
    Under this style of process, we then weigh and print the Shipping…

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Zoho Inventory Integration

Hi
    We've been on shipstation for many years now. We're moving into the wholesale business, and need to use Zoho for our CRM to best prospect and manage accounts. We need transaction data back to Zoho so we can see how accounts are trending, etc. Anyway - we're using Magento as our front-end, but Zoho Inventory for our ERP (and it talks to Zoho Books, and back to CRM and to Support - yada....) All in, we'd like to be able to book Sales Orders in Zoho Inventory (instead of Magento) and SHIP from Zoho Inventory. This is all a…

90 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

16. Add New Customizable, User Defined Fields for Customer Info that can show up as Columns in the Customers Page

We want to be able to collect and view additional information on our Customers.

There are many different things that many of us would like to keep tabs on.

Please give us the ability to add new customizable, user defined fields for our Customers that have the ability to show up as additional Columns in the Customers Page

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pick list to get product location from inventory location, not the "Warehouse Location" field

Just as the title suggests, it would be great to be able to have the pick list get the products location based on the location in inventory, not by the warehouse location field. That field has to be manually updated. A products inventory location is constantly changing, or same products in split locations, manually updating that field just to generate a pick list is very cumbersome.

It would also be great if it gets the location that has the least amount of inventory first.

49 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "Ship By Date" field to the custom data export for Orders and Order Line Items

Can you please add the "Ship By Date" field to the custom data export for Orders? The "Ship By Date" field already exists in each order, so hopefully this can be implemented quickly.

Thanks.

38 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Total Paid

After going back and forth with support over several days, I find out that shipstation is mapping the "Total Order" amount to the "Total Paid" field, regardless of payment status. We import our Shipstation orders to Quickbooks and my 'awaiting_payment' status orders are importing as paid. I'm going to make the safe assumption that all marketplace api's export the actual 'amount paid'! This is the field that should be mapped to 'total paid' in order details!!!!

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. custom formatting on order summary

Option to apply custom formatting to order summary. For example, having a box around products that have quantities over 1 or changing the color/weight (bold) of certain text.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here! If you think of more feedback please leave it here, being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

In the meantime, Custom Packing Slips would allow this to be accomplished.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base