Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Split Orders on Mobile App

Replicate same functionality of being able to split up orders in the mobile app, so it mimics the same in desktop mode. For example, if you have products that are stocked in various warehouses, and a customer orders, and it includes say 3 different items stocked in 3 different warehouses, we should be able to, from the mobile app, split up the orders, create 3 different labels from each respective warehouse, and ship the goods. Currently, we have to run to a desktop to do that type of work, and it takes way too much time.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. delivery date api

Please make delivery date accessible via API.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! Thanks for submitting your feedback on this.

Currently, you are only able to get a ShipBy Date via the API, not the Delivery Date. Since you’re asking for DeliveryDate being accessible via the API, we’ll leave this request open.

However, can you give us more detail about why this is important for you? Please be sure to comment back here so other users can collaborate as well.

3. Payment Method Mapping

I need to be able to map customer payment method from my selling channel, WooCommerce, so I can account for it in Quick Books. I am currently using Connex to automatically pull info over from Shipstation into QB, and this is the only missing piece to make everything clean.

From what I understand, Shipstation does bring this information over QB.

I can't even find anywhere on the order details page that shows me how the customer paid, that would be useful as well.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add "requested shipping service" to manual order input screen

The manual order input screen needs to be more complete. You should be able to enter requested shipping service, for instance, when inputting a manual order. Imagine a customer service or sales agent taking an order over the phone....they should be able to put ALL relevant information in when the order is created (including tags, notes, etc). I know this seems like a small change, but saving a couple clicks can be very important when a customer is on the phone.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pick List - Option to Total at SKU Level Ignoring Ship Method

On the pick list, it would be really help for each line item to be totaled at the sku level.

Our pick list is printing with the same sku on seperate lines because the skus have different shipping methods.

This means we have to total each line to figure out how many of that single sku to pick...

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Custom Alerts after create label

We would like to be able to create custom alerts for our shipping team to try and avoid minor errors that can be made. For example dimensions not being entered for packages over 1 lb. We have 2 UPS account, so not selecting the correct account. Currently you get alerts for packages that have insurance or if the address is too long and will get cut off.

I think this can be a great plus for a lot of customers using the software and will also be able to create a lot of auto-filters you can't make on order import.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. shipping packages, in api

I need to to get the package type from the api.
    packageCode is empty
    Etc.

According to the docs, I should get at least something.

I need the package type.
    So, I need the packageCode or type or something. How can I get this?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thanks for reaching back out! I found your ticket with our folks here and see that you’re looking to pull the packageCode of custom packages. You’re right that we return null as the packageCode when the shipment used a custom package.

Can you tell me more about what you’re looking to do with your custom packages?

I’d like to see if we can come up with ways to get to the same goal and understand what works and what doesn’t work for you and any other users that run into this situation.

8. Sync Etsy Private Notes with Shipstation Internal Notes

We often need to make notes regarding an Etsy order. It would be nice if the private notes section of the Etsy order was automatically synced with the Internal Notes section in Shipstation.

Since all communication with the customers is done on Etsy, when a small changes or note is needed we then need to log into shipstation and add it in Internal notes. It would be much quicker if we could simply add once on the page we are already on and let it sync over to SS.

27 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

9. Multiple Packages for Purolator Ground

Please add a Multiple Boxes option to Purolator Ground. Currently multiple packages are available as an option with Purolator Express only. I talked to Purolator and they say the same options are available for Purolator Ground which is a fair amount more cost effective. I imagine it uses the same API it would be a quick fix.

Thanks
    Jacob

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Order Refresh Button - Check for updates to an already imported order

If an order has been pulled into SS, and then subsequently the customer contacts the seller to make an order change (Add an item, remove, etc) the order is not updated within SS. Regardless of how many times you request a refresh, an orders contents that has already been pulled into shipstation is not re-checked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shipment API Sort By orderId

Please add orderId to the sortBy field for the /shipments API endpoint. Currently it only has create and ship dates.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide option to add package dimensions and weights at variant level

We have setup each SKU as 1-pack, 2-pack and 12-packs variants. We also have a package defined for the 12-pack. It would be conveinent to define the dimensions of the package and weight at the 12-pack variant level. At the time of order creation, as we add many 12-pack variants across SKUs, it should add multiple 12 pack packages to the order. Right now there is way either to process this using an automation rule or product / shipping presets to quickly process orders. This is possible only through a manual entry. Imagine an order with 12 SKUs with varying…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Brand Return Portal

The branded return portal is awesome! I would love to use the feature but cannot based on the return service and package type default. There should be an option to select the original service and package type used on the order.

For example, if I use USPS for my default return and a customer has a big heavy item, I tested this on an order by the way, it will cost $90.00 for USPS vs. $40.00 for UPS. If I use UPS for my default service and it's a small light item, it will cost $9.40 vs. $2.80 for First…

38 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the RMA number auto fill to be the order number.

Make it possible for the RMA number to be auto filled to be the order number instead of a randomly generated number when creating a return. This would make it easier for returns to be found in the order system when the are received.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Branded Returns

Love the branded returns page, however we'd like to have the option to customize more to our liking.

1. Allow us to modify and change reasons for return
    2. When reason of return is "Other" have a notes field for customer to enter details of return
    3. Ability to disable certain products from being allowed to be returned

125 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Scanning based Label Printing workflow

Scan barcode to print shipping label

This is a production line workflow.

We create our shipments via your API ahead of time. So on a given Monday we might have 1,000 shipments already set up that are shipping throughout the week.

This is what we want to do:
    - Create a barcode associated with each shipping label
    - We print barcodes and place on each box on our production line
    - Person scans barcode which automatically finds its matching shipping label and automatically prints the shipping label

It's critical that no clicking or keyboard shortcuts would be required. We need…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Scan to Print for v3 will accomplish 95% of this request.
    The shipment ID can be added as a barcode to the Packing Slip, which will pull up the Shipment in Scan to Print mode.
    There is another barcode that automatically Prints the label and you’re done. Scan to Print is available in the current version, but an improved experience is coming soon to v3

17. Buyer company name

Include the Buyer company name on the email template fields. Currently, the only buyer field that Shipstation holds onto would be the buyer name. I can include the buyer name on the shipment notification but you do not currently have a way to include a field replacement for the buyer company name on the email. This would be helpful for our internal email notifications, so at a glance we can see which customer an order belongs to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. bestbuy.ca marketplace

Shipstation has bestbuy.com but no bestbuy.ca integration. Can this be a quick implentation since your USA bestbuy.com store should not differ much to bestbuy.ca platform.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need options for free shipping, a third party software to connect return info from our selling channel to create return labels on SS

There is no way for us to offer free return shipping on our website(item based for minimising cost on weight) currently no way to connect return info from the selling channel (shopify) to ship station to automatically process a return label.. it must be processed manually =[

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Email Packing Slip (drop shippers, vendors, etc.)

Send order Packing Slip to an email (3rd party drop shipper / vendors).

Many companies use 3rd parties to ship products.

What's needed is to select an order in ShipStation, and then simply select an option to "EMAIL PACKING SLIP TO: ABC VENDOR (email)".

Very simple solution, that right now is a very painful workaround (having to manually print packing slips to pdf format, find a vendor email, compose the email, attach the pdf, send, then go back to ShipStation and tell it the order is pending shipment elsewhere.

This could also be enhanced with a little automation to pre-split…

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base