Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic coupon code on custom packing slips

We currently put coupon codes on our packing slips, but to offer a TRULY juicy coupon we would need dynamic coupon codes that allow us to upload a list and have them inserted into the packing slip.

When doing this currently with Amazon orders we have to use a "group" coupon code, which means a customer can share the code to their friends, which is why we have to be careful not to offer a deal that's TOO good.

But if we had the ability to upload a list (usually text file or csv) of coupon codes that are set…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Drop-menu for multi-Package Shipments

A lot of our shipments are multi-package shipments. So when we enter the screen to add packages, it asks us to enter the weight and dimensions of each package.

You have solved the problem for multi-package products. However, if it is a long list of different products, we still need to enter the dimensions and weight of each package. As you cannot save a profile of an odd order with many different products.

I wonder if it is possible to instead of entering this data, to simply choose the item with a drop menu out of the data base. This…

20 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. add images to Walmart orders

ADD IMAGES TO WALMART ORDERS.

All the other Selling Channels have this... Kind of a no-brainer, dontcha think?????

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. API - List Orders using Customer ID or Email

I don't understand why ShipStation's API is so limited in its functionality. I am limited to Customer Name, Item Keyword or Country Code when searching for orders or shipments. Customer ID or Email Address is common sense to find specific customer orders or shipments.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customize Sales Trends

Allow me to customize my default Sales Trends Dashboard page. We have 7 stores and we can only see 5 of them listed.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. email recipient

Please provide a way to enter more then one email recipient for the tracking emails. If would be fine to only have one email record in the customer entry, the way you have it now, but provide optional additional recipients on the shipment page for each individual shipments. Both UPS and FedEx do this on their websites and we use it often.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multiple FBA

Can SS enable having more than one FBA account linked to a SS account? We ship products for multiple companies, each with their own FBA account, but can only link a single FBA account to our SS account.

42 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Save third party accounts

I would love the ability to save a third party account so we don't have to paste over the account number and zip code every time. We do a lot of shipping that requires shipping on their accounts.

Also, we have employees in shipping that can't access that information and simply have to wait on a manager to print the label for them. A drop-down box with our saved third parties would help tremendously.

Then we could also set rules to default imports to certain third party accounts we have set up. I know FedEx ship manager has this functionality…

25 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't Send Shipment Notification Based On Conditions

Make 'Don't Send Shipment Notification' an option in filter/automation rules.

Use case:

We use Shipstation to send our catalog. Customer does not need an email notifying them their catalog is on the way. But we do want customer's email associated with their catalog shipment as customer id, so don't want to change email to an internal address and would rather than not disable notification on a shipment by shipment basis if it can be automated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Link to etsy order page

When viewing orders, SS provides a link for Amazon orders so that you can click it and it opens a new tab going directly to that Amazon order page (and you can read your own seller notes from there)... We need this same functionality for Etsy.

Because...

1.) Given that SS does NOT update Etsy order comments after they have been pulled in the first time, if an Etsy customer needs to change something about their order (which happens far more than I wish it would) then I currently need to have both SS and Etsy open at the same…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. USPS Express Mail Postage Refund for Late Shipments

I know this is a longshot due to the way USPS works, but it would be a huge time saver to be able to request a postage refund for late Express Mail shipments directly from ShipStation.

I know USPS is trying to make it difficult for shippers by making us personally go down to our local Post Office and fill out a form that isn't available online (for this reason, I'm seriously considering removing Express Mail as a shipping option for our customers and just making them choose FedEx).

I'm hoping that if shippers start demanding an easier way to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. manual override setting needed for residential/commercial address type

SS discovers the address type through verification. But if verification doesnt work (international or brand new domestic location for instance) then Fedex shipping will default to commercial. This causes problems because ISR is not a valid signature option for commercial delivery. Also residential delivery uses the Fedex Home service not Fedex Ground. These services have different rates, schedules, and delivery options. If you create a shipment on fedex.com there is a checkbox there to allow you to declare the address as residential. SS needs the same capability.

29 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. leave at door - Purolator

Add the Leave At Door option in the Label for Purolator. We sign a contract with them that all of our order are left at the door but we cannot select the option in shipstation

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If you can't go around pre-paid postage, how about creating a feature to automatically void a label if tracking isn't updated within X weeks

So the idea of not having to do pre-paid return labels seems to be dead (it was posted almost 4.5 years ago).

How about having ship station automatically void a label if the tracking hasn't updated in X weeks time? If I can void it manually, there should be no excuse why ship station can't have this feature to automatically void it for me for USPS service.

Maybe even have it for UPS/Fedex as well?

21 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support GetEligibleShippingServices via the API for the amazon_shipping carrier

When using the amazon_shipping carrier for merchant-fulfilled Prime, there doesn't seem to be a way to get a list of the services that meet the two-day eligibility requirement: shipments/getrates returns an error because it's not associated with an Amazon order. It'd be nice if shipments/getrates could be upgraded to support this call in the context of an order, or if there was an orders/getrates endpoint that would return rates for a given order. This way, we could see what services are actually available, akin to the GetEligibleShippingServices call in Amazon MWS.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Nicholas, thank you for bringing this up! Currently, we’ll show you all the services but if you go to the rate calculator you’ll be able to see which ones are applicable.

If you’re looking at the order details window, there is a button that says “Send to Calc”. This’ll send the postal code, weight, and size (if you’ve entered them) to the rate calculator to show you available services.

If you’re looking at the order from the sidebar and grid, there is a calculator icon next to the Ship from field that will do the same thing.

Hopefully this will help you while we wait for other users to chime in.

16. Sending "Non-trackable tracking numbers" feature should be on store level basis and not a Global setting

This feature which is located in International settings ( don't know why since it also applies to domestic shipments) should be selectable on an individual marketplace level basis.

We ship a lot of merchandise via First Class letter mail. First Class letter mail generates an Intelligent Mail Barcode whichShipstation treats as a non trackable tracking #. Amazon permits this level of service with "no tracking" on orders under $10. We don't want this "non trackable" number sent to Amazon because they send this number to the customer which results in numerous emails ( customers complaining tracking number doesn't work etc…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add Company Column to Shipment Manifest

The Shipment Manifest currently only lists the Recipient column to identify the orders (in addition to the Order #). While this is fine for Retail Shipments to individuals, we are unable to identify shipments to our Wholesale customers at a glance because we know those by their Company Name and not necessarily by the recipient's individual name. The manifest would be much more useful if the Company Column were added, or at least provided as an option in Document Settings to turn on/off.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Variable shipping day cut off times for different carriers.

Each carrier has a different pick up time so being able to set the defaults differently for each one would make the end of day shipping process more seamless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! Thanks for feedback. Just to help us see what you’re thinking, would you want this cutoff time to be a carrier-level setting on the Carriers & Fulfillments tab? Where in the interface do you think this would best be housed?

19. Shipment Auditing

Create a way to allow us to "Audit" our shipping carriers (UPS, FedEx) by allowing us to input our carrier agreements, monitor the shipping costs billed, etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! And just to help our product team get a better idea of the idea you’re suggesting, how would you like to see this implemented?

What all information specifically would you like to be able to view on this?

20. Lock packer to "Ship From" location

We would like to lock packers via admin setting to a warehouse location so that packer will not have to constantly use a drop down menu on order detail page to choose his location.

This feature should be beneficial to any SS user where there is more than 1 warehouse.

I.e. David the packer is located in NY, so upon creation of his account by admin we will choose a default warehouse for David - Warehouse NY.

Then anytime David will be logged into the system "Ship From" location will be preselected and locked for David.

If David moves to…

33 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base