Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Always Show Shipment Items

I would like to be able to control items being automatically hidden on the branded tracking page. Personally, I would prefer my customers to see them instead of having to click a link to unhide them.

Honestly, I think this is page has a huge amount of marketing potential for a business. Your customers WANT to see this tracking information, so they actively visit it. Why not add more fleatures to modify it so we can cross sell products for future ordering...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Ability to print on 4x6.25" thermal labels so those of us using UPS can get our labels for free.

Ability to print on 4x6.25" thermal labels so those of us using UPS can get our labels for free.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. MailChimp Integration - Complete Address

The existing integration sends the Postal Code, State, and Country, but not the Address Fields. We need the *complete* Address, which means adding Address 1, Address 2, Address 3. Please.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. increase the 200 character limit in product titles

Can the 200 character limit on product titles be increased? We often sell items with titles that exceed this limit and it causes the order import to become "clogged" due to an error. We then have to process the order with the error outside of shipstation and wait for shipstation to receive the updated information. It drastically slows down productivity, especially when we have several of these errors in one day.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Optimise the integration of the differentes carriers

Some of the carriers options are not allow with shipstation. The integration of the differents carriers is not as is maximum. The multiple packages and signature option, also the rates are not always reflecting the carriers ones. So it's impossible to use shipstation only, we have to keep our different online or application carriers services.
    It will be great if we can switch for shipstation only and never have to use other carriers interface.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could you please add yun express to the carrier list, they are faster than epacket and

Could you please add yun express to the carrier list, they are faster and more reliable than epacket.

http://www.yuntrack.com

http://www.yunexpress.com

thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto-Schedule FedEx Pickup

It would be really nice if, when you ship using FedEx, you could have an option to automatically schedule a FedEx pickup without having to go to their website separately and request a pickup.

32 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automate Emails for OOS and Buyer Notes

Automate emails on existing orders for when customer leaves a comment or an item is out of stock.

By entering custom field 'oos' or after leaving a 'note to buyer' create an Automation Rule that will allow you to send the populated 'buyer note to customer' or a generic email with an item list letting you know the item has not be sent and you will expect a refund.

This way all notes and comments can be kept in shipstation and notification. It will stop spreading our work team across separate apps and use shipstation as our sort of 'all…

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. batch summary

I recently started using the Batch Summary to consolidate and automate more of my fulfillment processes. I am, however, still having to hand write information on the Batch Summary that prints at the end of the batch because there is no way to customize it at this time. I propose that a feature be added that would allow this Batch Summary to be customized easily to include additional lines so that as the orders are labeled, checked, filled, etc. that my team can sign off on each step and record the lot numbers.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow ShipStation Connect to run as a Windows Service

I have ShipStation Connect installed on one PC in our office in order for all our other PCs to have access to a few printers. This works fine as long as my Windows user account is logged in (so ShipStation Connect starts up).

However as soon as I log out, or if the computer must be rebooted and I'm not around to sign in to my account....ShipStation Connect never runs and nobody can access the printers.

It should be possible to setup ShipStation Connect to run as a Windows Service instead, so that it starts with Windows, and not on…

25 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Kris, thanks for bringing this up! You’re right about logging out of your Windows user will not allow ShipStation Connect to run. This is something we’re reviewing for the future. For now, we’d like to hear from others on this before moving forward.

11. Customize Export Reports

We require certain information exported into excel from shipstation for our fulfillment company's manifest. All the information is available on shipstation, but there is currently no way to select specific fields and export ONLY those fields.

It's a huge time suck to format a full excel export to the right cells and view as we require, and I have tried adding the required fields into a custom view and exporting that, but not everything is available as an option (which is odd, because this is all info that you have the data for, so I don't understand why I can't…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Victoria, thanks for bringing this up! We’d like to see other people’s thoughts and challenges with this before moving forward.

In the meantime, I’d like to see if I can help with figuring out getting the data you need out of ShipStation. I’m not 100% sure what specific fields you’re looking for, but one of our more comprehensive reports is on the reporting tab on the insights page.

Once there, scroll to the very bottom and take a look at the raw data exports. These will provide more information than the ones on the orders and shipments pages.

You may be looking for data that spans orders and shipments which is why you’re needing to string together multiple exports, but hopefully these will reduce the amount of stringing together you have to do.

12. Reloading order problem

Currently if a customer provided an incorrect address and the order had been retrieved in ShipStation then correct it in CS CART and reloading orders does not reload the correct information. You are required to manually edit the address in ShipStation. To me this is simply a bug that needs to be fixed.

I was told that it was a limitation of the API. But XPS Shipper does reload the updated order without any problem. So it can be done.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. QB Online Auto Sync

It would be great if orders would auto-sync to QB online. Currently it is manual only, but we do a few of these and I think you'd steal lots of business from Shippingeasy and webgility. Also passing variation/description detail to the qb would be good.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Top Shipping Providers Running Balance (Dials on Dashboard)

Include a small widget at the top of the Orders page (next to the Customers link / calculator link) to show one or more shipping account running balances. For instance, Express1 is very weak on refund transparency (no accessible transaction log), when voiding a shipment, it makes life easier if we can see the balance increase "live" at the top of the page instead of going to Shipping accounts, reading the balance, voiding, then checking that refund was issued; i.e. balance increased by credit amount. We need to do this as a matter of audit. But if there is a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Leave "store" field blank but required when creating a new order.

When creating a new order the "store" field defaults to whichever store comes first alphabetically. We use this function to separate shipments by different departments within our business. By doing this we can track shipments by department very efficiently. If the "store" field were to be left blank by default (but still required) it would ensure the shipper is paying attention and selecting the proper store before creating the order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Import and export product description and other attributes

I would like the ability to import and export product attributes like product description, image url, etc.

25 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Orders by Buyer's Province

Right now on the customer overview you can see orders by state, which is a neat infographic but it's only for the US. It would be a lot more useful if there was one for Canada!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Update order numbers OR specify order numbers on import

I would like to be able to bulk update order numbers after importing them. Or, easier still, I would like to specify what order numbers an order will get upon import (the way I can with a CSV) when I'm pushing from an integrated service.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4"x8" thermal label printing

Add an option to print on 4"x8" thermal label.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reprocess Automation - single rule

We'd like to get a "Reprocess this automation rule" button next to each single rule, so that we can reprocess one rule without running all of them. We'd like to be able to apply just one rule to current orders without undoing some previous manual work, or in some cases change the order in which they are processed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base