Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automation Rules Based on Time of Day

We are going to have to use a fairly manual process to get around this right now. So it would be super helpful as a feature.

We have several different carriers with different cut-off times. Being able to set a batch of automation rules to run at specific times of day would enable us to automatically reallocate orders to the appropriate services after those cutoffs have passed.

Example:
    UPS picks up at 6pm, once they've picked up, we need to change all remaining orders for the day to USPS (who picks up at 8pm) using a few pieces of logic…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. InPost

Please integrate InPost. They are a UK locker drop off courier service.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. FedEx International Mail Service Add with No Tracking Number Option

I saw the old closed thread on FedEx International Mail Service. I see there is a lot of interest in having this service work with Shipstation and rightfully so. I hope a full integration is in the works, but I believe a work around can be implemented now.

My suggestion for now is to allow the FIMS orders to ship while uploading a ship notification to the marketplaces WITHOUT the invalid tracking numbers shipstatin is creating now. It would be far better to show the orders as simply shipped without listing any tracking information than as it is now with…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Compatibility with scales with serial output

Would be nice if Com port scales were supported. Lots of old reliable shipping scales out there with RS232 outputs that can be connected with serial-to-usb adapters.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to select which items were received in RETURNS OUTSTANDING

Sometimes when customers return items, they select all or more items than they actually return. A checkbox for the items to mark as received would be helpful to assist our customer service team. If our shipper/receiver marks all the items as returned, then the customer service agent could assume all were received and credit back the customer the full amount. Currently (instructions provided by ShipStation support), we have to "cancel the return and create a two new ones: 1 for the actual returned item and another for the 2 items still outstanding."

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make a customer marked as inactive or add a flag that says DNU so they won't be shipped to on accident

Make a customer marked as inactive or add a flag that says DNU so they won't be shipped to on accident

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. UK Carrier - APC Overnight

I see this has been requested before as it is a major carrier in the UK but that thread was closed.

I require APC Overnight integration before I am able to commit to ShipStation

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. shipstation weekly digest

ShipStation Weekly Digest - it would be nice to be able to pull this report weekly as a CSV file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Date Code & Lot Code tracking features

I'd love to see a way to track date codes and lot codes on products. Currently we have many pallets of inventory all with different "best by" dates. It would be very helpful to be able to track those dates - for instance we have 1000 of one SKU, but 400 have a date of 5/30/19, and 600 have a date of 11/30/20. If this information was available in a downloadable report instead of just a top-level report of totals, this would impact my business and productivity very positively! Even if we could just post a note on the inventory…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. FedEx IPD International Priority Direct

Integrate ShipStation with FedEx IPD (International Priority Direct) service.

From the FedEx site:

Delivery bulk shipments from one origin location to multiple addresses in...select countries. Shipment clears customs as a single unit and then individual pieces are delivered to multiple addresses, bypassing warehouses and middlemen.

Delivery Times
    Door-to-door within 2 to 4 business days*

This means that we distribution and fulfillment companies can be competitive in the international market. Instead of paying customs-related charges for individual packages, it allows the shipper to send a collection of packages destined for multiple end destinations, to a single site in, for example, Europe...AND…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. adding a bar code on a pick list

when printing your pick list it offers you your SKU but would be great if its in a bar code method so it can be scanned

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Order Total Counter with LED Display Sign

How cool would it be if we were able to display the total orders pending on shipstation with an LED wall display. It would show how many orders are pending and when items ship out then it would automatically update on the LED counter.

I believe this would be great for a team environment and increase workflow if all employees could see how many total orders are pending at any given moment by glancing at the wall display. It would also allow the manager to set goals for the team to achieve and get down to a certain amount of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. API - Add modifyDateStart and modifyDateEnd to ListCustomers

Please add parity with other List* on the API.

ListOrders, ListProducts, and ListShipments all allow us to specify a range for the modify date. ListCustomers does not. It should. It would benefit both parties as anyone using the ListCustomers feature is likely requesting much more data than needed from your servers, since you aren't allowing us to limit the request to a narrow date range.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shipstation sync error

Currently when shipstation syncs transactions with Quickbooks, whenever the sync date is shows up as the transaction date of the order date on Quickbooks, which is obviously not correct. The transaction date should be the order date or shipped date. Also the orginal order number isn't showing correctly on Quickbooks either, instead its showing some random number starts with SS-4??

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. text updates

Id like to have a button where customers can sign up for text updates like this example attached.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. run rate

It would be nice to have a report that could give us an estimate of how many more weeks/months of inventory we have on hand based on previous sales data.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Royal Mail Freepost integration through branded returns portal

Implementation of Royal Mail services on branded returns portal, many UK business use Freepost service for customers returns and as yet Shipstation aren´t connected with this service through the branded returns portal which would I am sure benefit many users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display Number of Orders Selected

First off, you guys rock! I love Ship Station & hope to be part of making it even better.

I often group by Item Name so that I can batch print labels, add tags, put orders on hold or a number of other functions. Once I've selected the group of orders I want to work with, it would be helpful to know how many I've selected. Right now, the only way to do this is to nav to the "Apply Bulk Action" function. There, the number of items selected is displayed. I then cancel that function and return to my…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Email notification when an On Hold Order is released for shipment

We send a lot of subscription orders on a monthly basis that are entered into the system as "On Hold" orders at the time the subscription is purchased. Orders get released from On Hold status and sometimes sit for a couple of days if no other orders are going out. We need an automated email sent to us alerting us an On Hold order has been released for shipment. It would make our workflow more efficient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We'd like to use FedEx Economy Freight in US

We only have access to 1/2/3/ Day and Overnight.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base