Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bill only the duties and taxes to a third party account (not the customer)

I would like to know if it's a way that only the duties and taxes should get billed to a third-party account (not the customer), and the shipping charges should get billed to my primary account.
    I see this option bill duties and taxes to the payer of the shipping charges, but this meaning the customer from my research.
    I like to get it billed to a third party account, but only the duties and taxes.
    The shipping label should be paid from my primary fedex account.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dynamically assign marketplace specific EU/UK VAT/IOSS numbers for seller fulfilled orders

With the new VAT rules that have gone into effect Jul 1, 2021 in the EU and UK, this poses an interesting challenge for seller fulfilled orders, as marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay etc are collecting VAT upfront on orders shipping to the EU/UK, but a seller needs to include the marketplaces VAT/IOSS number on the customs declaration form, to ensure the customer isn't double charged when the shipment arrives in their country - since the VAT number will be missing from the customs form.

Amazon appears to have updated their MWS API to now surface their IOSS number for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. View Tax Identifiers Assigned to Shipped Orders

Hi there,

I need to apply my IOSS (EU) tax identifier to all shipments going to the EU. I have followed the directions on how to set this up in the new UI and I also have automations successfully in place so that all imported (or manually created) orders from EU countries are automatically assigned the IOSS Tax ID. I can successfully see that the Tax IDs are applied in orders that are Awaiting Shipment:

So far, so good!

My concern however is that once an order is processed, there's no way of seeing whether or not the Tax Identifier…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Separate shipping charges and duties

It would be nice if, like FedEx, you were able to separate the shipping charges and duties/taxes/fees in international shipments. We have customers who would like to use their account number for duties/taxes/fees only and have us cover shipping charges with our account number.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New country

Hi, when are you having ShipStation available for Mexico? We already use ShipStation in US and Canada, and we are opening a new market (Mexico) and will ove to use SHipStation there as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support manual name/address entry for international shipping

Currently, ShipStation supports cut-and-paste manual name/address entry for domestic shipping only. I used to use DAZzle from Endicia.com, which no longer exists, in which manual name/address entry was supported for all types of shipping. The shipping software would pick apart the address, as needed by USPS when purchasing the label.

My suggestion would be to implement manual name/address entry for international shipping, so the user can paste name and address into a box to set up all the name and address fields.

This suggestion would eliminate the current major ShipStation impediment to manual International shipping.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support for all FedEx services for pickup scheduling

Right now ShipStation only supports FedEx Ground or FedEx Express for scheduling pickups.

It's pretty annoying that we can do everything we need to do with FedEx from within ShipStation, but can't actually schedule pickups in for our UK based store to the EU/US for the bulk of our products.

It'd be great if the scheduling ability matched the service availability.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Customs invoice pricing

Customs invoice pricing -- the price the customer paid (whether it included a discount or not, on the item) should be reflected in the customs pricing section so the invoice reflects the correct amount to bill duties and fees for. For example, if a customer got 20% off on a pair of jeans.. that price should show in the customs declaration section so the UPS generated international invoice is accurate. Our customers are very upset and severely over paying when their initial transaction included a discount to begin with-- it ends up costing them more money in duties depending on…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable Royal Mail 'Printed Papers'

This is a standard Royal Mail (RM) service for anybody sending printed papers, e.g. books, overseas. Normal parcels can be max 2Kg, with printed papers, parcels can be up to 5Kg. The functionality is exposed in the RM API.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. dhl express by noon

DHL Express offers a "by noon" delivery option with their service but it is not offered on the ShipStation platform.

It is an option we would like to offer and would appreciate if it could be offered on Shipstation :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Importer box

On customs invoice it would be lovely to be able to fill the importer box with the billing address if different to the shippers address. this would help massivley

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Correct Customer Information on Customs Forms

Currently the customs documentation is not being filled in correctly when pulled in from our store. This turns into hours of extra work for our shipping team and unhappy customers because orders are delayed.

Billing Address - this is currently being auto populated as the shipping address.
    Freight Charges - left blank, instead of populated with the shipping charge the customer paid.

For some countries this isn't a big deal, for others it has shipments stuck in customs and a headache of paperwork to do to fix.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Drop Shipping International

Drop shipping from International Countries - Specifically China should be updated and added to the Ship Station Program. I can't believe this isn't actually already a possibility. When choosing a Ship-From location I'd like there to be "China" as an option which there is, but I cannot complete the action as there is not a place to but the State that it is available in.

Maybe it would be nice if there were a "Drop-Ship" tab under International Settings.

This needs to happen sooner rather than later.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Flavorcloud

Integrate with FlavorCloud to expand your International shipping reach, accuracy, tracking, customs, and options.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add our email address to Commercial Invoice for international shipments

2- How can we add our email address in our Commercial Invoice for international shipments - there is a field for the Exporter email, but it is blank and we would like to put our email address there but can't figure out how to do that.
    I did take a look into this and reached out on where this option was pulling and after some testing, it looks like this option maybe a formatting option that is populating directly from the carrier. Currently the address info being included in the form is from the "Ship From" location section but this…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include options for Tax ID in International settings

Currently you have to add the tax ID to the label for Brazil shipments. Would like this option available for an automatic setting.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base