Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. International currency.

First, I would be appreicated your service!
    I've been downloading "Order-Dara Export" from the order.
    But I also would be nice if I can see "Currency" there.
    When I get GBP 54.66 order, I was able to see as USD 54.66.
    Hope to be added Currency tab for international orders and stores.
    Thanks.

319 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  129 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple Harmonization Codes

As ShipStation doesn't support kits or bundles.

In terms of international shipping, this means I have to manually add harmonization codes for each individual item. On the backend, I couldn't add multiple harmonization codes under the products and my Shipstation contact said it was not possible.

We just shipped 20 international kits with 10+ items and had to add each harminzation code individually. It took forever!!!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Amazon EU / Germany fulfillment

Now with BREXIT, there's no way to use Shipsation to connect to Amazon Germany to ship orders. It used to go through Amazon UK. Please add Amazon Germany ASAP!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Germany shipping

Would be good to be able to ship from Germany to our customers in Europe. Now that Brexit has happened we are diverting our Europe shipments from our UK office to our German office. WE use the same UPS, FedEx carriers but would like to be able to ship from Germany.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Customer VAT numbers pull through to commercial invoices

It would be great if there is a way to pull through customer VAT numbers onto our UPS commercial invoices created on ShipStation. At the moment VAT numbers are shown on a custom field but are not pulled through to the commercial invoices. This is vital when shipping high value EU shipments, especially now with Brexit.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fedex FICP

Hi- FedEx have an amazing new product called FICP. It`s a must for shipping to the EU DDP. But the way FedEx sell the product it is necessary for the shipping costs to be billed to the main FedEx account and the Duties and Taxes billed to a 2nd account. therefore Shipstation - can we have a functionality added so we can choose which account to bill the shipping charge to and select the 2nd account to charge back duties and taxes?
    Many thanks

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Apply Bulk Action // Customs Declarations

When we ship internationally, we ship a lot of packages that all have the same items. I wish there was a way that we could make a bulk action that applies the same customs declaration (description, quantity, value, HTS code, Origin) to hundreds of packages at once. Currently, the process where you have to enter 1 at a time is so time-consuming it's insane. Even if there is 1 item in the shipment it takes forever. When there are multiple items, forget it.

Perhaps this could be included in an order import function and mapped, or perhaps it could be…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Separate Duties and Taxes - "Bill duties and taxes to payor of shipping charges"

There is a button under shipping options titled "Bill duties and taxes to payor of shipping charges". We select this when shipping to countries where collect of VAT/GST is mandated by the country's government at the POS. For us, it is Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. We select this option so that the recipient does not get double charged for tax. We, the shipper/seller, collect tax and tax only, not duties! However, each time we select this option, FedEx charges us both duties and tax. Because the verbiage of this function indicates to the carrier that the shipper…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. native language on label

I frequently get orders from southeast Asia. Many of these buyers input their address in their native language (Japanese, Korean, etc.)

I do my best to translate the address to English, but I don't always trust the translation services with addresses (or their local post to understand the translated addresses). Having the option to have the address printed in both languages would be nice, even if hit had to be on a second label.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Prepaid VAT

We sell on eBay's various international websites but from the US. IE we have listings up on ebay.co.uk

Because of EU laws, eBay is now required to collect and remit VAT taxes on our behalf. The way that they do this is they charge the customer the tax and then add a third address line to their address which includes a customer VAT account number and paid notice. This way the customer doesn't have to pay VAT at the time of delivery.

Ship Station however is not pulling that third line item in so our customers are being double charged…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Electronic Signature on Auspost Intl CN22 labels

Automatic electronic signature and date for Auspost International labels to certify declaration would be great!

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. create customs form without label

Allow the creation of customs forms to serve as commercial invoices without having to generate a label - this allows us to use unsupported carriers without manual invoice creation

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. US stamps from Canadian account

I would like to be able to print US postage from my Canadian SS account. Currently, the only way that I've found to do this is to buy branded postage rolls from Endicia or the like which is more expensive. I ship (by UPS) boxes of catalogs into the US to someone who can enter them into the US mail stream. All I need is to have the postage already on the envelope. Having this ability within ShipStation would eliminate the need to have an account with stamps.com, and would streamline my billing and workflow.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. commercial invoice for dropshippers

ShipStation needs to be able to allow to print customs forms, like the commercial invoice WHEN we don't purchase a shipment via ship station

For international shipments that are 3rd party drop-shipped. We still need to provide a commercial invoice, but ShipStation requires us to purchase a label before the Commerical Invoice is created and printed.

So to deliver a commercial invoice, we have to do alot of extra work that is risky.

Example order: 90-5518

this is an order being shipped to The Netherlands. it is being dropshipped by the manufacturer. We need to produce and email the commercial…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Declaration statement function desperately needs added

Program Shipstation so it fully integrates with all necessary functions of international shipping.

Since Brexit the EU requires a detailed declaration statement on high value items. This statement will also facilitate easier brokerage for all items if added to invoices. UPS provides this function but it is unavailable through shipstation currently thus making shipstation unusable currently for affected UK-EU orders. As its quicker just to book the items in on the UPS website so they travel EDI/ paperless with all the relevant details.

Page 503 of the EU trade agreement details the neccesary info on the declaration statement. Non of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Support for Ebay International Standard

Not sure if this is possible with the current integration with Ebay, but enabling Ebay International Standard would be great! It saves a lot of money and requires me to currently filter out orders that purchased that option and going to Ebay to ship them manually.

Read more here: https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-international-standard.html

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. transglobal

Hi - there's a company called transglobal who manage shipping for UK businesses - please could you integrate with them?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  International Shipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Display the residential rate when quoting FedEx International Ground shipments

I would like the default rate request for international ground shipments to Canada to display the residential rate by default. Currently the API call for a rate quote does not include the whole address in the order view, nor does the residential drop-down in the rate calculator. This results in the quote given being less than the actual rate charged when the label is created. Defaulting the rate quote to include the residential surcharge would result in a more accurate quote.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Support DDP shipping with Royal Mail

Support the "Bill international duties to payor of shipping charges" option when shipping international via Royal Mail. With the new EU VAT changes coming into place on 1st July 2021 it is very important that we are able to use this feature buy that date. IOSS integration would also be very beneficial

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bill only the duties and taxes to a third party account (not the customer)

I would like to know if it's a way that only the duties and taxes should get billed to a third-party account (not the customer), and the shipping charges should get billed to my primary account.
    I see this option bill duties and taxes to the payer of the shipping charges, but this meaning the customer from my research.
    I like to get it billed to a third party account, but only the duties and taxes.
    The shipping label should be paid from my primary fedex account.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base