Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Branded Returns Portal Error - Customers cannot return within return window

When customers attempt to make a return well within their return window, the branded returns portal will sometimes take them to a page that says "Please contact us about your order."

Initially I was under the impression this only happened to international orders, but it happens to domestic orders as well and it makes customers think that we are trying to delay their return.

Please consider making this a high priority issue.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @David CT, thanks for bringing this up! There could be a few things that are stopping your customers from making a return so for a more detailed reason why your specific order has been stopped I recommend reaching out to our folks here by going to help.shipstation.com and submitting a request.

Here’s an article that might help you figure this out as well. The limitations are listed under “A few things to note” towards the bottom of the page: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003523487

2. "Receive" Returns

Add a Process to "Receive" Returns and Add Information About Returned Product Condition

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Two ups accounts return label

I have two UPS accounts set up in ShipStation.

When I ship out something on a specific UPS account, and it needs to be returned, I would like to be able to create a return label on that same account. However, ShipStation only let's me create return labels on the primary account.

So if I ship labels on a secondary UPS account, the only way to print a return label on that secondary account is to temporarily edit the global settings to make it the primary UPS account, then switch it back after I print my return label.

I would…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.
    If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

4. RMA Page / Notice or Alert / Search Functionality

Now that you have a decent start with the Customer Generated RMAs, it would be very useful to have a page for RMAs (and their current status). Or at least add a way to find a specific RMA in your search functionality.

As the system is currently configured, we get packages returned to us out of the blue and it takes a little more work to determine what order the return belongs to before we can process it.

Also, we are currently logging all received RMAs in a spreadsheet and had a case where the order number was not logged…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing up all this great info on returns, @chesshouse! Your return labels have the RMA number printed on them. Once you receive a package, you can use the advanced search on the shipments page to look up orders by the RMA number.

When you use advanced search on shipments, remember to change the category to returns (this is the first field you see after clicking “advanced search”). This will be the most direct way to look up your returns.

You can also do a quick search by your customer’s name or city. This will pull up all of the shipments associated with their name or the city. Then you can click on the returns tab to view all returns.

As for your spreadsheet logging, can you give me more detail on what you’re doing with it?

5. Customize Branded Returns page

Love the branded returns page, however we'd like to have the option to customize more to our liking.

1. Allow us to modify and change reasons for return

2. When reason of return is "Other" have a notes field for customer to enter details of return

3. Ability to disable certain products from being allowed to be returned

254 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    66 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Print return label instead of just downloading/emailing

Hi, Since the new Returns update, I am having trouble printing return labels. How about adding a "Print label now" function that works like it used to? Currently the only options we are seeing is "email customer" and download pdf. When we download, we have to figure out where it was saved, then when we try to print it, the printer settings are all messed up. Old method was click print. Done. How about adding 3rd option "Print Now" that uses the regular shipping label default printer settings?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. international return labels

The ability for Shipstaion to process international return labels. I know that you can not create an international return label in ShipStation because the ship from location has to be in the same country as your ShipStation account. We have to use a different service specifically for international return labels, making it extremely inconvenient and adds an unneeded expense on our part having to use two different services.

135 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! Thanks for your comments here on international return labels. Can you tell us more about how you handle international returns? For example, if they follow the same return policy as your domestic returns or if there are more restrictions since international shipping requires additional documentation?

8. Create Return Label Via API

Our site allows customers to request an RMA. When we approve an RMA request, I want to automatically create the return label and email it to the customer via the API.

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for adding your ideas to the forum here! We’ll keep this in mind when updating our API; for now, we’d like to see what other users think about having return labels generated through the API before moving forward here.

9. blind Copy on return labels

It would be great to include a BCC option on return label emails sent to customers. This way we can keep records of all communication sent from ShipStation.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, @Shannon, thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep your feedback in mind when updating the return label functionality, and for now, we’d like to see other users add their support to your idea before moving forward.

In the meantime, there are two things you may be interested if this information is important to you today.

1. Add your company email address when emailing the return label to a customer. Your customer will be able to see all of the emails this is sent to—perhaps making it easier to identify your business.
    You’ll want to separate the email addresses with a comma like this: “john.customer@email.com, mycompanyname@company.com

2. On the Returns section of the Shipments page, you can export your returns data. In the file, the header “ForwardTo” (column AZ) will list the email addresses you’ve sent return labels to.

10. Built-In Returns Manager

A built-in returns manager would be very useful for our business. Our needs would be relatively simple, and some of this functionality already exists:1. We would include a printed pre-paid return label with every package we ship.2. We would be able to track open returns in ShipStation, i.e., return labels that are currently in transit3. Unused return labels would automatically deactivate after X days for a refund4. When we receive returns, we would mark them as "Received" in ShipStation, which would automatically send the customer 1 of 2 possible template emails: either we accept the return and will issue a…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for letting us know you’d like a better way to handled your returns. We’d like for your idea to gain more support from other users before making a decision.

Please comment here in the forum with additional information that may catch the attention of other users.

11. return labels in bulk

We need to print return labels in bulk. With shipstation, we have to do this one label at a time which is tedious. We should be able to make return labels in batches, just like we are able to create labels in batches. One label at a time just does not make any sense at all.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adjust weight listed on automatic return labels

Our outgoing shipments are about 8 ounces heavier than the return shipment. Am loving the convenience of the auto-generated return labels to bother manually correcting the weight on the return labels, but would love a feature that allowed me to set the weight of the return shipment to a different amount (in our case, "outgoing weight-8oz").

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Generate return labels for one or all of the packages in a multi-package shipment

Currently, when generating a return label, you can only generate a label for a single package. Many of our orders are sent as multiple packages. If a customer desires to return there entire order, there isn't an easy way to generate multi-package return labels for an existing shipment.We'd really love this functionality.

107 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your input, everyone!

If you’re creating this return yourself from a previously shipped order, you can create however many return labels needed.

Once you’ve created the return label (within the shipment detail screen) for the first line item you’ve selected and created the label, you’ll stay in the returns screen in the order detail screen and press the blue + New Return link.

This will allow you to create separate return labels for your line items.

If this doesn’t work for you please let us know!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base