Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. API - multiple packages

It would be great to be able to automate multiple packages per order through the API.

247 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    66 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More Shipment Columns

I would like to have the option of having more columns on the shipments page so that I can customize what I see according to our companies needs. we use some of the custom fields as well as other important fields to mark our orders and it would be a lot easier if we would be able to see those fields on the main shipment page.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Batch processing to add customs information to international shipments.

We have 165 international orders from a Kickstarter project (along with about 1,600 domestic). The international orders were imported WITHOUT customs information provided. It would be EXTREMELY helpful to be able to "batch" add information for customs to all of these orders. Just fyi, we do not have these orders linked to "products/items." We would simply like to bulk apply information to all of these orders. Unfortunately, there is not a feature that allows me to do so with customs information. Huge pain...

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your input! You’re right that we currently have limited bulk actions for customs information, so we’d like for your idea to gain more support from other users before making a decision.

Any information you can add here may catch the attention (and votes!) of users in similar situations. Please be sure to comment here in the forum if you’re still interested in having bulk actions for customs information.

In the meantime, since we do not support Kickstarter directly, here is an idea from another user to integrate with Kickstarter you may be interested in: http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/5619286

4. Insurance on COST, not RETAIL price

When insuring a package, we want to be able to insure just the COST of the product if damaged or went missing, not the RETAIL VALUE. Currently your software takes the full retail value and uses that to determine the insurance amount. This doesn't make sense as shipping carriers will only reimburse you on the cost, not the retail value.

This is a fault, as no system is set up like this.

If I lose a $1000 item, but it only cost me $100, Fedex will only credit me $100.

So why am I paying insurance on $1000 if Iêd…

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

As we continue to look at the options around this suggestion, we wanted to let you know a possible workaround.

Currently, you can use ShipStation’s bulk update feature to update the declared value for all orders that have the same cost value. Just select the orders, choose Bulk Update > Insurance, select the Carrier Insurance option and enter the insure amount.

5. Change the default quote rate in the calculator to residential

It would be good if the calculator tool ( which is in an API the tool that quotes an order in third part sales software's ) could change the default commercial quote rates to residential, i know that you can change it manually for every single time you want to quote, but when you receive thousands of orders a month this makes a company like ours get hit by a loss of almost 40 thousand dollars just in the month of December. Because the commercial rate is anywhere from $1.00 to $4.00 less than the residential. So please make this…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Deborah Calderon Senda de Vida, thank you for bringing this up. In the app, there isn’t a way to change the default state to the rate calculator. If you’ve got the resources available, you can use the API to build a small widget for quoting your residential customers. The field “residential” would need to be set to “true” in every request you send.

Here’s a link to our developer documentation on this: https://www.shipstation.com/developer-api/#/introduction/integrating-with-shipstation

Please let us know here in the forum if this helps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base