Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add storeId to the Shipment Model

The Shipment Model does not include the storeId which is a crucial element of an Order.

Basically it is a property of the "advancedOptions" which is always returned as null in the Shipment Request. Why?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Laser Ship carrier integration

I would like a new carrier for the Southeast regional. I've heard Laser Ship is great but I'm open to anyone with great rates that's doing same day & next day shipping.

40 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. add darbysmart integration

DarbySmart is an up and coming etsy style site, please look into adding a connection to it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing an integration with DarbySmart and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to DarbySmart and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

Please note that you can also use our Custom Store or API documentation to create your own integration with this selling channel as well. You can review our documentation here: http://www.shipstation.com/developer-api/

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

4. gunbroker

Add an Intergration for gunbroker.com (basically ebay for hunting / shooting accessories)

GunBroker.com is the world's largest online auction site for firearms and hunting/shooting accessories.

33 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We currently don’t have any updates or ETA on this integration.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to GunBroker and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

5. Import ALL information from Squarespace product forms

I have certain options for my customs to choose when purchasing my products, and their choices - which pop up via squarespace forms when they add these products to their cart - don't import into Shipstation. This results in a Pick List which is insufficient and therefore, unusable.

Specifically for me - I offer up to 3 complimentary samples to trade of my wallpaper line - so this is one product of mine.
    Complimentary Samples for Trade Professionals.
    They add this to their carts, and are prompted to choose which Line and Colorway they want samples of.

Thank you!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We can only display information sent from SquareSpace through the API feed in ShipStation. If the information is not displaying in ShipStation now, I recommend contacting SquareSpace to request they add this data to the order information sent to ShipStation. Once this has been done, we should be able to accurately determine if this order data can be mapped into ShipStation.

Thanks!
    ShipStation

6. FedEX Dangerous goods shipping for expidited air shipments

We ship FedEx ground primarily but in the winter months would like the option to do expedited air shipments even though our product is a dangerous good in the air. Plus DG paperwork is cumbersome while also requiring the upmost accuracy. With similar templates to what is already provided that could greatly streamline our process and allow us to do more with shipstation.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing the option to support Dangerous Goods via FedEx and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision. Please note that our integrated FedEx reseller, FirstMile, does currently support this functionality given their relationship with FedEx. I recommend contacting them for more information.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

7. Stop Importing Irrelevant Order Information as "Internal Notes" From Magento

Basically Shipstation imports Magento's internal Paypal and payment processing notes (Like IP Address or Transaction ID etc.) as Internal Notes, cluttering up the Internal Notes boxes that could be useful to put customer information etc. in them. It'd be great if there was a way to stop them from auto importing.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will review this request and let you know once we have an update. Its important to note that these internal notes from Magento might be part of other users workflow, so we cannot remove them. However, we will research alternative solutions and let you know once we have a update.

Thank you,
    ShipStation

8. Need to approve the estimated delivery date before processing an Amazon FBA Fulfillment

If you create a multi-channel shipment manually in Amazon Seller Central, they'll tell you the estimated delivery date before you approve the shipment request.

The problem we're having is that Amazon is often taking up to 5 business days to ship our Expedited (2-day shipping) Multichannel orders. This infuriates customers, since they're paying for 2-day shipping, they don't want to wait 7 business days for their package to arrive.

If Shipstation shows us this date, we can abort the fulfillment and choose to ship the order another way.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Eric, thanks for posting this. I noticed this one is from October and wanted to see if you’re still experiencing this today.

I’m not seeing this data being passed over from Amazon so ShipStation can’t post this data for you.

9. Pricefalls integration

Anyone else want to see Shipstation integrated with Pricefalls?

30 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing an integration with Pricefalls and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Pricefalls and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

10. Add Fulfilled By Sears multi-channel fulfillment support (Similar to FBA/Shipwire)

Is it possible to add "Fulfilled By Sears" multi-channel fulfillment support (Similar to FBA/Shipwire) to shipstation? We would be more comfortable sending additional product to Sears if we could use them to fulfill non-Sears orders as a backup. They have better rates too. Sears already has the basics in place, just need a Shipstation connection I think.
    https://www.searscommerceservices.com/fulfilled-by-sears/

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing an integration with Fulfilled by Sears and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Fulfilled by Sears and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

11. Do you wish you could send shipping cost back to ChannelAdvisor or mark orders as partially shipped?

It's possible! ChannelAdvisor now allows via it's API the ability to update line items as shipped instead of the whole order (as ShipStation currently does). Through this mysterious magic of API, they can also send the Shipping Cost, Shipping Tax Cost, and Insurance Cost to ChannelAdvisor. Just image what you could do with all that data! Oh the reports you could run.

I bet you're saying to yourself "Wow, that sounds wonderful. How can I help make this happen?"...

All you need to do is upvote this post so that ShipStation sees the err of their deprecated API ways.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will review options for the adding this functionality to our current integration. We’ll let you know once we have an update!

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

12. Separation of Amazon FBA and MFN orders

Please have the function or filter to separate Amazon FBA and MFN orders when we search the orders. So we can determine which warehouse we need to take care of the orders from.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will automatically tag orders from Amazon if they import into Awaiting Shipment and are MFN orders. We will only import Amazon FBA orders once they are shipped by Amazon so you can use their information for reporting purposes.

We’ll let you know once we have more information!

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

13. Amazon Buy Shipping API - For Same Day Delivery

Amazon has just launched a program in majoar metro areas called Same-Day Delivery in conjunction with their new shipping settings and regionalized guaranteed delivery dates.

They require that we use Dynamex as the messenger service for same day delivery and they have an API called Buy Shipping API that will allow third parties like ShipStation to display the often very competitive rates and full selection of carriers that are visible to merchants in Amazon Seller Central. The rates for same day delivery purchased through Amazon are so cheap (flat $7 for NYC metro deliveries, for example) that I expect this…

72 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone,

We are in the early stages of an integration with the Amazon Buy Shipping API! However, there are some limitations/restrictions for using this service in ShipStation.

At this time, the Amazon Buy Shipping API is only available for sellers using the “MFN Prime” service offered by Amazon. “MFN Prime” refers to orders that are listed as “Prime” on Amazon, but shipped directly by a seller. Historically, only orders that were fulfilled by Amazon (FBA) were eligible for “Prime” status. Orders not listed as “Prime” are not eligible for the Amazon Buy Shipping API in ShipStation.

If you would like to learn more about this service, and if you’re eligible to have the Amazon Buy Shipping API enabled on your ShipStation account, please contact your Account Manager or email Support@ShipStation.com

Thanks!
    ShipStation

14. Support for Amazon Custom orders

For sellers that have access to Amazon Custom, it would be very helpful to provide the capability to display and/or download custom order information.

The following link from Amazon gives a brief overview on how to fulfill custom orders: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html/?itemID=201822830&ref_=ag_201822830_h_r1_cont_sgsearch

262 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! We’re still looking into the ability to add support for Amazon custom orders. We are still looking into how to effectively import Amazon Custom orders and extract their unique Amazon Custom data from the feed to properly populate into the order detail. As we get updates on this feature, we will keep you posted.

15. Send a delivery confirmation SMS to customer

Amazon is the leader in this area. They send an SMS when the order has shipped (first mail stream activity), when there is an issue, and when the package has been delivered. This is such a basic requirement today, that I find it very surprising that ShipStation doesn't have this capability. You can't be a world class operation, without this capability. Please add it ASAP.

While you build your own SMS gateway, you can utilize WOMBAT to integrate to Twillio and make this capability available in less than a day. Charge your customer 2 to 3 cents per text message…

63 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue a partnership.

If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

16. I would like address translated during import of orders

Before printing labels for our orders from Amazon Japan, we have to manually translate addresses. It would help if this translation was done by ShipStation during the order import process.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know you’d like a built-in translator. We’d like for your idea to gain more support from other users before making a decision.

Feel free to add any additional information that may catch the attention of other users by commenting here in the forum.

17. groupon stores

Groupon store integration

118 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thank you so much for voting on this feature and helping us continue to improve ShipStation. We are currently reviewing an integration with Groupon Stores and will be sure to update you once we have made a final decision.

As developing a seamless integration typically requires cooperation from both parties, we recommend reaching out to Groupon Stores and expressing your interest in an integration to help expedite this process.

Please note that we do have a current integration with Groupon Goods.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

18. Allow the restriction of shipping services to a particular warehouse.

The title basically says it all. It would be helpful to be able to restrict a particular shipping service or carrier based on location.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Billing only customs/duty fees to a 3rd party account (UPS International)

It would be nice to be able to bill only the customs/brokerage fees to a 3rd party UPS account. Such an option is available in WorldShip, but not in ShipStation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for submitting this request and helping us to improve ShipStation! We will need to take a look at the UPS Shipper API to determine if this will be possible with our current infrastructure. We will be sure to update you once we have more information.

Thanks again,
    ShipStation

20. Export Status on List Shipments

I'm using the ShipStation APIs to create new orders and retrieve shipment information. Unless I've missed something obvious I see no way to limit the ListShipments method to only retrieve shipments that I haven't already exported. We could keep our responses smaller and more streamlined if there was an "Export Status" that could be used as a filter on the GET request. The export status would be false by default and then flipped to true either upon issuing the GET request or through a POST/PUT request to update the shipment.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for taking the time to bring this up, @Brian! We’ll keep this in mind for future updates; for now we’d like to see your idea gain support from other users.

Feel free to add to your idea by commenting in the forum so other users can add their input, too!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base