Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. view inventory by warehouse location

Would love to be able to sort and see what's available in stock by warehouse location, instead of only by product SKU.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. inventory api

I would love to be able to determine product counts through the API.
    This allows me to do things like automatically order certain things as they run low on stock.

We have different manufacturers sending products to a single warehouse and it is very tedious to have a manual process around checking that the quantity that was received was the proper amount, and that we aren't running low on things like packing slips.

48 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Insufficient inventory on multi sku order then no inventory gets removed

Insufficient inventory on one sku for an order with multiple skus, the other skus inventory won't be removed from the order once processed.

Sounds broken! You give us the option to have a notification if we have no inventory when we are processing the labels, there is no need for this action to prevent us from shipping an order with no inventory shown.

If we have 1 sku out of the whole order that doesn't show inventory in the system, I will just over ride it if I know we have one in stock or somewhere I can use for…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support for Bundled Products / Update Inventory for Bundles

We have a few websites that sell products to wholesalers. For example we will sell a case of a single SKU. Each case has 12 units. It would be nice if SS could allow us to setup virtual bundles that deducted multiple units of a single SKU.

228 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search products by barcode

Under products, the ability to search by barcode would be very useful. Right now, only Name, SKU, and Warehouse location are.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As part of the Scan to Verify Shipment Items project, we’ll be adding support for searching by UPC in the Products and Inventory grids. If you use a hand held scanner you’d be able to scan the UPC into the search field until we implement a “scan to view product” type function.

6. Support Kitted products / Create "Bill of Goods" / Update Inventory for Kits

A lot of the SKU's we sell are actually kits of several different items bundled together (example - 200 current comic book bags and boards). Given the current limitations of eBay/Amazon/Shipstation, we are forced to create mutant SKU's for kits like that (for example, this SKU might be something like 2-PACKS-CUR / 2-PACKS-BBCUR, which means 2 packs of current bags and 2 packs of current boards). This isn't the best way to sell kitted items. Most good inventory systems allow you to create a "bill of goods" that will show up underneath a kit SKU. For example, this would show…

324 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base