Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please Create a Way to Click on the Failed Allocation Message in Order to See Details

Please Please Please read this:

I've been struggling with quikship for months and the only way to get it to work correctly without orders getting stuck in processing limbo is to allocate my orders. I allocate them all at once by clicking to allocate all orders that are awaiting shipment. This has been working well, but now I've hit another snag. I recently clicked to allocate and had an order fail. I figured that I'd be able to click on the failed order notification to see the details, but that was not an option. The only way to go about…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Hi @Julie Knerr Piano Safari, thanks for taking the time to share this! I see Joe’s helped you out some already. I’d also like to add there is an “Allocation Status” filter right above your list of orders. It’s located with the other filters below the “New Order” button. You’ll be able to find the unallocated orders that way, too.

We’re working on improving inventory, so we’ll let you know when we have updates for you, or you can follow up with your open ticket .

2. lot number mandatory for food sellers

lot number tracking for items become mandatory to all food companies.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback!
    Would you mind elaborating on what lot numbers do for your business and items?
    Additional info on what you’re currently doing to get around the lack of this feature in ShipStation is also helpful.
    Please reply back here in the Feedback Forum, Thank you!

3. Allow multiple boxes to be set in shipping defaults of product

I have single products that ship in multiple boxes with each box being their own unique size and weight. With FedEx and UPS charging by dimensional weight of each box instead of shipment weight It would be very beneficial to be able to save this to the product detail. This will remove the human error factor in hoping my shipping team applies the correct package preset at the label creating process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea. For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

4. Automate SKUs to have tags

We would like to automate orders with multiple items to be tagged.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for that description @Amanda!

I checked into your account and it looks like you’re currently going about this using Automation Rules which does not allow for multi-item order application.

As an alternate workflow, you can export your products via CSV, add in the tags for which products you’d like, and re-import. (You can search NTP in the Products page search field to bring up only those products for a smaller export.)

This will allow tags to be applied to these products even with multi-item orders.

Please let me know if this helps!

5. Allow the API method /orders/markasshipped to reduce inventory

Are you able to change the API call /orders/markasshipped to reduce inventory levels in Shipstation based on the items on the order? When an order is shipped, the item quantities on the order should be decremented since those items have been physically shipped from another system. The fact that this is not done may be a bug as this is a fairly common use case. You could even add a Boolean (true/false) parameter to the method call signalling if inventory should be deducted or not.

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

6. "Receive" Returns

Add a Process to "Receive" Returns and Add Information About Returned Product Condition

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Import and export product description and other attributes

I would like the ability to import and export product attributes like product description, image url, etc.

28 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Import field for Alias SKUs

I was really happy to see support for Alias SKUs in the product update today! We have a very large number of these (enough that manually inputting them is nearly impossible) and would love to be able to have them included as a field in the product import. Is this planned?

89 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your input! You’re right that we currently do not have a way to import alias SKUs in bulk, but we recently enhanced our combine product feature to also allow you to create aliases. When you click “Combine” from the Products page, you’ll see something a little different now.

Check out this article for more information: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205900498

For now, we’ll keep this request open and in addition to Dave La Chasse Blank Apparel’s comment, please let us know what your situation looks like today and what you’re looking to accomplish!

9. Use Shipstation to manage SHIPPING MATERIALS!

Today we use Shipstation's workflow engine to make shipping box/envelope decisions for us. As an example, if an order comes in that is below 13oz, it would go into a "custom 13oz box" and if it's between 14-16oz it goes into another, and on and on. This has become a fully baked solution for us, and it's working great.Where we stumble on this is that we have no place to manage our shipping MATERIALS. Not inventory, per se, but actually the count of the boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and such. Maybe it's not worth managing, but for us, if we…

146 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for letting us know your thoughts. We see a lot of value in your idea and we would like to know more on your current workflow when managing the inventory of shipping materials.

Once we can gather more feedback from our users with this need and do some research ourselves, the product team will review your request and you’ll hear from us once we have made a decision.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base