Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

The ShipStation Feedback Forum collects your ideas and allows you to vote and comment on other ideas so our product team can understand what new features are most important to you or what business challenges we need to address next.

Everyone has 20 votes to spend on ideas that are important to them (but you can comment as much as you like). 

While all ideas will get reviewed, it's simply not possible for all ideas to make it onto the product roadmap. The more activity an idea has, however, the more likely it is to be considered. So, be sure to check if your idea has already been posted so you can add your votes and comments to it! 

Suggestions for Writing a Great Idea Post

• Write a title to succinctly summarize your post. Other users should be able to identify if their idea is similar to yours just by reading the title so they will know to vote and comment on it!
  • Explain the problem you are trying to solve and what you think should be added or changed in ShipStation to solve this problem. 
  • Describe how you would use this feature or how you think it should function to serve your need.
  • Attach a screenshot to help illustrate your point. 
  • Put the idea in the category that best fits what you are trying to accomplish (for example: Order Management, Insights & Reporting, or Printing & Documents).

What to Expect With an Idea 

Our moderators will regularly review posts to ensure:
    • They are categorized in a logical way. If not, they may move them to the proper category. 
    • The title accurately reflects the idea content so others can understand. If not, they may edit the post title to help others identify posts they want to vote and comment on.
    • That posts are really ideas and not bug reports or issues that require contacting our support team. 
    • That any request that has an existing solution or can be accomplished with existing features gets a response to let everyone know a solution or feature already exists and how to learn about it.
Our moderators will also update the statuses of posts as they are considered by our product team. If an idea makes it onto the roadmap, we'll update the idea status from Planned to Started to Completed as work progresses on the idea. If an idea is declined or archived, our moderator will update the status to indicate so and you will receive your votes back to use on other ideas in the future. 

Finally, if more information is needed on an idea, the moderator will post a reply to ask for them. If it is your idea or you have commented on the idea, you should receive an email notification when this occurs.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for Bundled Products / Update Inventory for Bundles

We have a few websites that sell products to wholesalers. For example we will sell a case of a single SKU. Each case has 12 units. It would be nice if SS could allow us to setup virtual bundles that deducted multiple units of a single SKU.

673 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  165 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add inventory tracking for packaging materials

We keep track of our product inventory elsewhere, but use ShipStation to ship our products and therefore would like ShipStation to keep inventory of the boxes we use to ship products. We use the preset packages and think it's only natural to know how many we have used and how many we have left so we dont over-order boxes or know which box sizes we use more so we can place orders for them!

179 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shipstation inventory management multichannel

Great to see the new shipstation inventory management solution!
    We were initially excited because it seemed to be able to replace stitchlabs. If shipstation was able to send stock counts to selling channels, it would be amazing! We, along with other stitch users I'm sure, would be happy to pay a higher premium for your services.

150 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your comments!

Our product team is considering this as an improvement to ShipStations existing inventory offerings. Due to how store integrations typically work, this type of feature would likely be rolled out for specific store integrations and we’d love to know which stores you’d like us to focus on. Please continue to leave comments about how you would like to use this feature and for which stores. Thank you!

4. inventory api

I would love to be able to determine product counts through the API.
    This allows me to do things like automatically order certain things as they run low on stock.

We have different manufacturers sending products to a single warehouse and it is very tedious to have a manual process around checking that the quantity that was received was the proper amount, and that we aren't running low on things like packing slips.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  12 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Harmonization Code Sync Up

It would be incredibly helpful if ShipStation could import Harmonization codes from Shopify for international orders automatically. I was able to enter all the information manually, but it was time consuming, and could have easily been done automatically, given that the codes exist in Shopify, and ShipStation requires them.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Purchase Orders!

Hi! It would be great if you could create a purchase order for your products and have a field for "on order" items. that way you could tell what was on hand, on order, allocated... and then therefore be able to identify if you do not have enough product either on hand or in production to fulfill your orders. I am looking for a whole other inventory integration just so we can do that, when I'm finding shipstation is overall closer to the type of inventory tracking I need minus the on order field.

Just a thought/dream!

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import and export product description and other attributes

I would like the ability to import and export product attributes like product description, image url, etc.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. lot number mandatory for food sellers

lot number tracking for items become mandatory to all food companies.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!
    Would you mind elaborating on what lot numbers do for your business and items?
    Additional info on what you’re currently doing to get around the lack of this feature in ShipStation is also helpful.
    Please reply back here in the Feedback Forum, Thank you!

9. Date Code & Lot Code tracking features

I'd love to see a way to track date codes and lot codes on products. Currently we have many pallets of inventory all with different "best by" dates. It would be very helpful to be able to track those dates - for instance we have 1000 of one SKU, but 400 have a date of 5/30/19, and 600 have a date of 11/30/20. If this information was available in a downloadable report instead of just a top-level report of totals, this would impact my business and productivity very positively! Even if we could just post a note on the inventory…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bulk Apply Changes to Open Orders

When making changes to multiple products info, it would be great to be able to bulk reprocess all open orders that contain those products. It would be so tedious and inefficient to go back to each individual product and manually reprocess orders.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Expose Create Product API

Please expose the Create Product API so that we can build products automatically. We would like to build a product prior to an order being received so that our fulfillment technicians know where to locate that product and the shipping details are available so it doesn't cause an exception to our fulfillment process every time a new product is added. We are requesting access to the API because we already have product data available to us from our store and we would like to be able to push it automatically through the API versus a CSV import that requires the…

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Product Management - Kits

There needs to be a way to support kits &/or bundles as it pertains to product management is concerned.

Example
    Product 1 (P1) + Product 2 (P2) = Kit

Product Management system should be able to identify P1 and P2 and subtract the inventory from the total count.

Hope to see this in the VERY NEAR future.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Negative Inventory

Allow stock level to fall below zero. This will help accounts where shipments are still allowed for zero inventory items and will account for the items which shipping labels have been create for.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Not all Shipped Items are Showing in Shipping Reports

When trying to use the SHIPPED ITEMS report, I discovered that a large order that went out the previous week was not included in this report. After speaking with your rep via chat, it was discovered that because we marked the order "shipped" manually, it isn't included in the report.

This makes the SHIPPED ITEMS report useless.

Can you please include ALL shipped items regardless of how they were shipped? (this one happened to go out via truck)

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. choosing the ship date

have a different spot where you enter the ship date or prompt before processing. Many times I forget to choose a different date it we have to void a batch which can be a big pain!!!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WooCommerce gift note import

WooCommerce has a "This is a gift" feature visible during checkout, a lot like Amazon. Amazon orders import gift notes automatically, but WooCommerce gift notes are not imported, at least not to the "gift note" field. It would be great if it were possible to import data straight into the gift note field from WooCommerce.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Notification Email for low stock

Currently the only way to get notifications for any low stock or no stock items is through Shipstation.

I would be nice to be able to set up an automation rule to send an email notifying users that something is low stock when it hits the threshold.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please allow the option to ignore blank fields in product imports

Here's what I want to be able to do as we are mapping our warehouse. I want to use a list of skus (that would be downloaded from my inventory management) and copy them on to an import for SS. I need only to update Name and Warehouse location and I do not want to corrupt any other data. After chatting with support I am told this is currently not possible.

Easy fix: Either allow us to delete comlumns we don't want to change or allow us to ignore blank fields and only overwrite fields that are filled out upon…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Product - Allow Export or Import of Products and Aliases

Would be nice to have an import and export of products, with delete option as well.

For instance if we have 20 Aliases that link to One SKU and basically all 20 are the same SKU, let us import SKU A, and Alias skus 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc to all link to that one instead of doing it manually from the Product cumbersome page.

Also, all delete option in bulk for all Alias's and skus. Archive doesn't seem to work as long accounts (11 years) tend to re-use numbers and if one is archived it causes havoc.

Delete and purge option is…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Item assembly for inventory ( bill of matirial)

need BOM to manage parts and finished goods.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base