Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Products > Stand Alone Product Detail > Shipping > Check Box (Combine Packages)

We mainly sell and ship boxes, when customer order more than one unit of same products or other products, shipstation combine weight of all products in one package, we like a setting in product where we can choose to not combine, so we can see multiple packages

Products > Stand Alone Product Detail > Shipping > Combine Packages (Check Box, by default checked)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Bulk Import Carrier Information on Product Import csv

Currently you can import the weight and dimensions of an item but not its carrier. The only way to change a product's carrier is by searching for the individual product in the product database and changing it's carrier one-by-one for every product. Specifying a carrier for all your products will take a lot of time.
    Using a csv product import for the carrier would save a lot of time which is valuable to us all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. API - Product Update - Bulk Method

Hi Guys,

Would be cool if we will have a bulk method to update products via the API.
    We have around 500,000 SKUs to update, but are forced to send a single Product object every call.

Not only that is a really slow process, we also overload the limits which effect order updates and tracking imports.

The bulk method for Orders works like a charm, would love to see Products taking an array as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the same detail to the Shipping services as the Standalone product detail shipping tab

Combine or at least make the Shipping Services information the same as the Standalone Product Detail shipping tab.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support for Kitting, Bundling while tracking inventory of pieces

I have a portfolio where I sell systems that have parts (canisters, filters, fittings, documentation). I want to track the inventory of the pieces when people order the systems. Please add this functionality, then I can get rid of my archaic Microsoft Access based home spun solution!
    Thanks, Dave

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Inventory quantity used as criteria for automation

If a seller has multiple warehouse locations, add functionality to allow automation rules based on out of stock levels. If I have no stock in CA then the item needs to be fulfilled by NC location.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. View Published as well as Negotiated Rates at the same time on the Rate Calculator

It would be extremely beneficial to be able to view both the published and negotiated rates at the same time when quoting a shipment. When giving a shipping quote to a customer who pays published rate, it is not efficient to have to turn off negotiated rates to get that number.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. view inventory by warehouse location

Would love to be able to sort and see what's available in stock by warehouse location, instead of only by product SKU.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. choosing the ship date

have a different spot where you enter the ship date or prompt before processing. Many times I forget to choose a different date it we have to void a batch which can be a big pain!!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. WooCommerce gift note import

WooCommerce has a "This is a gift" feature visible during checkout, a lot like Amazon. Amazon orders import gift notes automatically, but WooCommerce gift notes are not imported, at least not to the "gift note" field. It would be great if it were possible to import data straight into the gift note field from WooCommerce.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Apply Product Attribute Changes to Aliases

Changes made to a master SKU ("surviving product"), like name changes, UPC changes, tags, category assignment, shipping settings, etc, should be automatically propagated to their aliases as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Notification Email for low stock

Currently the only way to get notifications for any low stock or no stock items is through Shipstation.

I would be nice to be able to set up an automation rule to send an email notifying users that something is low stock when it hits the threshold.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. inventory api

I would love to be able to determine product counts through the API.
    This allows me to do things like automatically order certain things as they run low on stock.

We have different manufacturers sending products to a single warehouse and it is very tedious to have a manual process around checking that the quantity that was received was the proper amount, and that we aren't running low on things like packing slips.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Be able to add and remove inventory with a barcode scanner

Should add a feature where we could scan the barcodes of the items we get in for inventory and scan them again when shipping to remove it from inventory. This would increase inventory management effectiveness.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Push stock count from BigCommerce into ShipStation

Please make it possible to automatically sync inventory count from BigCommerce to ShipStation. This would keep inventory current instead of requiring us to manually increase the stock count when additional stock is purchased or a customer returns an item. As it stands, the only thing ShipStation does is reduce inventory from a stock amount that is manually put into ShipStation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Push stock count from BigCommerce into ShipStation

Please make it possible to adjust inventory from BigCommerce to ShipStation. This would keep inventory current instead of requiring us to manually increase the stock count when additional stock is purchased or a customer returns an item. As it stands, the only thing ShipStation does is reduce inventory from a stock amount that is manually put into ShipStation.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add inventory tracking for packaging materials

We keep track of our product inventory elsewhere, but use ShipStation to ship our products and therefore would like ShipStation to keep inventory of the boxes we use to ship products. We use the preset packages and think it's only natural to know how many we have used and how many we have left so we dont over-order boxes or know which box sizes we use more so we can place orders for them!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Creation of Parent/Variant Product types

I created a PRODUCT Type SKU on shipstation for our JET Store.. as JET requires a PARENT/CHILD skus under the category where our products should be listed. However, one of your agents informed me that this option has not been supported/working yet. Is there any way to resolve this issue? thanks..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Incoming Stocks section on the Inventory Management module

This section will show a data or number of incoming units for each item. We believe, it will be a great help to manage inventory.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Could you please show picture of product in product window?

It would be shown in the product standalone window under general. This will help in better identifying the product to users who are not familiar with the product. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base