Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When batch printing, have 4"x6" thermal labels and 8.5"x11" packing slips print in the same order

We batch print our packing slips and labels at the same time based on our batch picking. We have warehouse locations setup within the product database in anticipation of having labels and packing slips print out following "Warehouse Location a-z". This works fine if orders only contain a single item, and we don't have duplicate SKUs on more than one order.

My main issue arises with the 60% of my order that contain more than one SKU. When I print packing slips and shipping labels for a batch of orders, the labels and slips do not print out in the…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic Ship-Date Change On Holidays

Currently shipstation automatically changes the ship-date if creating shipping labels on a holiday. This causes issues with our FedEx 2-Day packages because they are unable to accept packages with the incorrect ship-date.

We would like to request to disable this feature. USPS does not mind if the shipdate is wrong, however FedEx requires the correct shipdate when shipping Express. It is a pointless feature to have since it negatively effects other labels within the same batch.

Today we had 250+ FedEx 2-Day packages that could not go out because of this useless feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices

How can I attach order-specific documents for the fulfillment locations to use. I need fulfillment locations to attach POs and Invoices to their shipments. Today I have to send an email for every order that requires an Invoice or PO attached. Make Shipstation only useful for Ecomm and not Retail.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Specify item weight for custom deceleration doesn't exist or working

For Customs declaration requirements, if we have orders with different items with different weight - the commercial invoice created by SS doesn't actually use the weight that was setup for the product but instead seems to use the package weight and dividing it evenly amount all the items. If there was one item that let's say weighed 20lbs and another item weighed only 1 pound for a total of 21 lbs. SS is inputting both items as weighing 10.50 lbs EACH. This is wrong and should be corrected. Any work around or others having this issue?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Branding on Royal Mail shipping labels

Hi there, It would be good if it was possible to add company branding to Royal Mail shipping labels. See uploaded example

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ship Date Tomorrow Button

Our USPS driver comes are different time every day. We set the ship date tomorrow option to change to tomorrow at 12pm. It would be awesome if there was a button to click or an easy way to change the ship date to the next day. So if she comes at 10am one day we can then click the button or easily change the time so all the packages are then marked to ship the next day. Or opposite if she comes at 4pm all the packages that we packed from 12-4 would be marked to ship as today instead…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change what key the Scan to View uses in the order details to find an order

We have a proprietary system for fulfillment with our own pick ticket system which includes its own barcode. This works great for all orders that we control the format on. We simply import our orders with the respective barcode value as the orderId and everything works. This does not work for integration setups like Amazon and Ebay because ShipStation controls that import and subsequently the value in the orderId field. Once our warehouse goes to pick the orders there is no relative order that would match up with our data because we didn't initially import the order ourselves. We're going…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Custom Label Messages on UPS SurePost Labels

I would like to be able to add the product name to the bottom of shipping labels. This works for my USPS and UPS Ground labels, but not UPS SurePost labels. Add custom label options for SurePost!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PDF attachment in the shipping email

I would love to be able to attach a document to the email confirmation that goes out, preferably set per store.

Either with the packing slip itself and/OR a custom document, like a flyer or mailer with discounts or something.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. wireless printing support

Be able to use wireless printers through shipstation connect which is currently unsupported (requires physically connected printers)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Packing slip print for selected users.

Packing slip print for selected users.

We have 10 active users, but we don't need the packing slip printed for each one of them, it's just a waste of paper.

We would like to have the option to select a user who gets the packing slip printed and a user that don't.

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. [Shipstation Connect] Workflow Rework

Hello there,
    I work with a 3pl that uses Shipstation and Shipstation connect as our main source for fulfillment. I would love to see the Shipstation connect app built out to be more friendly towards 3pl's attempting to use your app.

Within our organization, no user has a set desktop location. It is very inconvenient for our staff to log in to link Shipstation connect every time they need to switch stations (Workstations).

We have had so many issues with Shipstaion connect recently; I would love to see the development team add a little "magic" to the app.

One of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support for USPS Intelligent Barcode Printing

Stamps.com supports printing USPS Intelligent Barcodes on flats which would provide some trackability to a flats which currently don't have any tracking. Please add this Stamps.com capability to Shipstation so we can save money and provide our customers tracking data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. combine order summary

Please make it so Order Summaries with combined orders print all together. When you combine an order, then print an order summary for a group of orders, the summary will show those orders separately and all over the place still. If they were combined there would be less order 'picking' errors.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Picklist modification to include #Required per Order

At the moment the pick list prints out the # Required items and the associated Order #. It does not show us how many # Required items belong to each associated Order.

This creates a major workflow issue. In fact we have to leave ShipStation, return to Shopify and use an external Shopify App to resolve the issue - which only partially helps as all our orders are sorted and tagged in ShipStation. So we are facing a barrier which is causing us to consider migrating away from ShipStation and trying to find a solution that better fits the workflow…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. dot labels

FedEx Requires DOT labels on some goods they deliver. We need to print those labels to go on the box additional to the address info. I recommend for specific products the ability to print that label with them. (example: lithium batteries)

https://www.fedex.com/content/dam/fedex/us-united-states/services/HazMat-FXG-shipping-guide.pdf

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding Amazon`s customer extention phone number on Fedex labels

Amazon orders come through their system with their own phone number with an ext number for every customer.
    Fedex shipping label is showing only the base number without the ext number, and Fedex`s delivery people cannot contact the customer when needed.
    It would be great to include the full number the shipping labels.
    Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Attach Doc to ShipStation Order

I use ShipStation to connect my 3PL to Shopify for order fulfillment. I drop ship orders for several marketplaces (Faire, RangeMe, Maisonette) that I sell through which require that I attach custom invoices. I'm looking for a simple "attach PDF" functionality that could live, for example, in the order notes section. It would look a lot like the link at the bottom of this word box that says "attach a file". It would allow me to associate packing slips with orders for my 3PL. The workaround for this is so brutal that I may have to leave shipstation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Assign different label formats for individual users

Currently you can only select one print template for all user accounts. In our case, we have hundreds of users using various hardware. Some of our teams have thermal label printers, whilst others use standard A4 laser printers. It would be a huge help if these teams could control the format of the labels they're generating to best suit their hardware set up.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support for the use of Shopify third-party order metadata in the customization of packing slips

Please add support for the use of Shopify third-party order metadata in the customization of pick lists and packing slips. We use Freshly to manage product batch and expiry information that is inserted into every order as metadata depending on the products added to the order. We would like to put this batch information on the packing slips that we produce within Shipstation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base