Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

The ShipStation Feedback Forum collects your ideas and allows you to vote and comment on other ideas so our product team can understand what new features are most important to you or what business challenges we need to address next.

Everyone has 20 votes to spend on ideas that are important to them (but you can comment as much as you like). 

While all ideas will get reviewed, it's simply not possible for all ideas to make it onto the product roadmap. The more activity an idea has, however, the more likely it is to be considered. So, be sure to check if your idea has already been posted so you can add your votes and comments to it! 

Suggestions for Writing a Great Idea Post

• Write a title to succinctly summarize your post. Other users should be able to identify if their idea is similar to yours just by reading the title so they will know to vote and comment on it!
  • Explain the problem you are trying to solve and what you think should be added or changed in ShipStation to solve this problem. 
  • Describe how you would use this feature or how you think it should function to serve your need.
  • Attach a screenshot to help illustrate your point. 
  • Put the idea in the category that best fits what you are trying to accomplish (for example: Order Management, Insights & Reporting, or Printing & Documents).

What to Expect With an Idea 

Our moderators will regularly review posts to ensure:
    • They are categorized in a logical way. If not, they may move them to the proper category. 
    • The title accurately reflects the idea content so others can understand. If not, they may edit the post title to help others identify posts they want to vote and comment on.
    • That posts are really ideas and not bug reports or issues that require contacting our support team. 
    • That any request that has an existing solution or can be accomplished with existing features gets a response to let everyone know a solution or feature already exists and how to learn about it.
Our moderators will also update the statuses of posts as they are considered by our product team. If an idea makes it onto the roadmap, we'll update the idea status from Planned to Started to Completed as work progresses on the idea. If an idea is declined or archived, our moderator will update the status to indicate so and you will receive your votes back to use on other ideas in the future. 

Finally, if more information is needed on an idea, the moderator will post a reply to ask for them. If it is your idea or you have commented on the idea, you should receive an email notification when this occurs.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ShipStation Connect - Linux Support

Would like to see ShipStation Connect supported on Linux. This would allow the app to run on a low cost device such as a raspberry pi and make it much easier to keep service up.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Local Delivery

Right now for local delivery packages(during virus outbreak) we are marking all as shipped and using the Fulfillment tab. We then export all orders to excel and work with them to provide a 1-page shipping manifest to our local delivery driver. It would be wonderful if we could send them all to a local delivery tab, then have it print out a manifest rather quickly for the driver. Kudos if that manifest could be printed out with the quickest route(using map APIs I suppose) to each of the residences. Even more Kudos if I could assign to a driver and…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding SKU or other order details on Amazon SFP labels

Adding SKU or other order details on Amazon SFP labels
    Currently all our other labels from non Amazon SFP label are able to print with SKU and other details on the label ( up to 3 different thing). However Amazon SFP order processed through Amazon Buy Shipping labels come up with no details.
    This make it hard for my team to pick out order and verify the labels.

My other suggestion was to have the packing slip print out with only specific criteria. ie Amazon SFP order print label + packing slip. This is also unavailable. Many platforms do not…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Custom Label Message Preset

We need an ability to turn on and off the custom notes/messages at the bottom of our labels from our presets. My product uses liquid and is required by USPS to be stated, but I also ship no liquid products like my bracket and would like to have it off. I'd love to set one preset with and another without. It could be a toggle in the shipping window so I don't need to duplicate all of my presets which could become too much.

Thanks,
    Matthew

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adding a barcode to the SS label

We're using ShipStation to create labels for USPS and Fedex and we'd like to include a barcode on the USPS label to help us in the internal relay process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PDF attachment in the shipping email

I would love to be able to attach a document to the email confirmation that goes out, preferably set per store.

Either with the packing slip itself and/OR a custom document, like a flyer or mailer with discounts or something.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. automation for creating labels via ZAPIER

I would like to use zapier to send data from my CRM to shipstation for creating a label, then use shipstation automation to save that label to my PC or email to wherever and continue to use zapier to grab that label and do whatever I want.

This would make for some very powerful possibilities.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Inventory SKU Print on AWB vs. Order SKU

Would like the option for our ecom inventory SKU to print out on the shipping label vs the SS orders SKU. We pull our inventory by the ecomm inventory sku. When we pack orders, it would be easier to match up the product with the ecomm inventory SKU vs order SKU. I assume I could do this by utilizing the alias sku feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Barcode as an Export option when Exporting Orders

We sell used and refurbished products without Retail/OEM packaging or barcodes.
    We get too many products to assign each one a inventory barcode.
    When we get an order and pull a product from our shelves we want to include a sticker label with the "Shipstation order Barcode" that it gets assigned automatically by Shipstation.
    When the item is ready to be packaged we can simply use "scan to print" on the Sticker Label we put on the item and the correct shipping label will be printed for the product.
    Having an export option for the barcodes would allow us to…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatically assigning a number or full stop to contact telephone for orders without numbers

If orders without a contact telephone you could create a rule to apply 0 or fullstop as some carriers require a number to create a label but if consumer hasn't added a number you manually must put fullstop or 0 every time to generate a label which dramatically slows down the label process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Customer contact info on DHL labels

It happens quite often that DHL tries to reach a customer for delivery coordination. They then contact us and ask for a phone number or email address. It would be great if we could have the customer contact info printed automatically on these labels.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add support for purolator label message

Add support for custom messages on the purolator label, purolator eship allows in registering one but your platform does not allow it

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Formatting SKU

Almost every one of us has a reason the SKU is set up the way it is. In our case 12800101 can be interpreted as follows

128     is our supplier id

0010 is our product id for that supplier
    1 is the quantity of actual units for this SKU

with this in mind we would like our packing slips and pick lists to have the SKU formatted differently.

12800101 would become 128-0010-1 and would be a larger size

This hopefully simple change would eliminate some errors and make the product code portion of the SKU easily more readable

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Glitch in shipstation with new "edit" feature!

Glitch in shipstation with new "edit" feature!

Recently, shopify rolled out an "edit" option. Where you would be able to edit an order in an "unfulfilled" state before you process it or mark it as fulfilled. However, it's looking like shipstation isn't computing these changes. For example, if someone wants to remove product "a" and add product "b" when we use the edit feature to make these changes then print it out in shipstation it says that they want both product "a" and product "b. PLEEASE fix this!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. USMCA Certificate of Origin

With USMCA replacing NAFTA, I would love to be able to print a certificate of origin while printing shipping labels. We do a lot of business with Canada and this would help us save our customers money and thus do more business.

159 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ShipStation Connect Deactivating

Hi, it would be extremely helpful and time-saving if ShipStation Connect could stay active at all times so we do not have to deactivate/reactivate or log out/log back in every time we want to ship. We ship several times throughout the day and often have different people shipping so not everyone knows how to solve the problem when we cannot get a packing slip or label to print. We would really like to see a solution for ShipStation Connect so it stays connected with our printers at all time to make shipping processes more flawless.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. how do I add an automatic USPS return feature on my website

Im looking to build a website where I can buy customers used electronics, collectibles and other items but want to integrate a shipping label so the customer can just print a USPS and drop it off at there post office. does anyone know how this can be done

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom Label Messages on UPS SurePost Labels

I would like to be able to add the product name to the bottom of shipping labels. This works for my USPS and UPS Ground labels, but not UPS SurePost labels. Add custom label options for SurePost!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Rate Calculator on V3 Scan and Verify Label Creator

The biggest game changer in V3 is the Scan and Verify feature. This alone is helping us to make the decision to stay with SS after making the decision to leave because this feature is so crucial to eliminating misshiped orders.

Just one down side, the ability to check rates in real time is no longer available during label creation in the Scan and Verify screen and that feature alone is priceless.

I have attached two images displaying how V2 has the option during label creation and how V3 does not have that option in the same checkout process.

Until…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pulling product image from the cart instead of the product listing page

It would be really nice if we could pull the product image from the cart instead of the product listing page when importing orders. For sellers who offer customized products, like myself, it would help immensely if the product image that was being imported was the custom image the customer made, that is shown in the cart, instead of the generic product listing image. This would make sorting and matching up orders with physical products on the production floor much easier.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base