Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scan and Verify Product UPC to make sure to Ship right product and Quantity

Ability to Scan and Verify the UPC code of the product get shipped for the individual order.

So, this will eliminate the WRONG item being shipped and Wrong Quantity being shipped.

Also "Ship Order" button activates only when the right product(s) is scanned and right quantity is scanned for the order.

Products that does not come with UPC may be shipped by manually entering item SKU in the barcode scan field.

813 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    195 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to Rename Batch

The ability to rename batches would be great. There is now the ability to have multiple batches, which great for sorting orders waiting to be fulfilled. However, it is not very easy to sort without memorizing which batch # is for which group of orders for that day. If there was a way to even add a keyword to the end of the batch number [ex. batch#1234567 - product] So that when I am sorting through a zillion orders assigning them to each batch they need to be in, it is much easier to remember which batch to put them…

126 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Use eBay order number instead of sales record number, to reduce clicks and memorization time needed to get to eBay Print Shipping Label

By using eBay's OLD sales record number instead of the CURRENT order number eBay implemented in AUGUST 2019 (9 months ago!), ShipStation is causing customer teams to waste time and create errors by having to do these steps to reach the Print Shipping Label functionality in eBay for EVERY order that is processed:
    1) scroll up to the top of the SS Order Details page to read and memorize or copy/paste the eBay userid
    2) click eBay OLD sales invoice number at top of SS Order Details page to open the eBay tab
    3) click item title in eB
    4)…

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This update to the eBay integration has been completed! Order numbers will now link back to eBay. Additionally the ability to import the Sales record number into a custom field is being worked on. We are excited to see these updates on the new eBay connection! Here is a link to our migration guide if you are still needing to update to the new version: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057921791-eBay-Migration-Guide

4. Be able to see and select more than 500 orders at at given time

Why can we only see and/or select up to 500 orders or shipments at any given time?

We import bulk orders and sometimes have to process up to 5000 orders in one sitting. This means we have to process up to 10 BULK imports.

Why can't you just select to 'SEE ALL' orders or shipments?

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

While we do not have plans to increase the number of orders you can view in the grid beyond 500, we have implemented a way to select all applicable orders so you can select more than the orders in your view when applying a bulk update.

See the attached image for an example. You would simply click the Select All checkbox, and you can then click the “Select all ### orders in Awaiting Shipment” option to select all the orders in the grid (this also applies when you have applied a filter or view to your grid, as shown in the example image).

5. Add "Ship By Date" field to the custom data export for Orders and Order Line Items

Can you please add the "Ship By Date" field to the custom data export for Orders? The "Ship By Date" field already exists in each order, so hopefully this can be implemented quickly.

Thanks.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Discounts/Coupons Imported As Line Items

We use ShipStation's line item export feature and it would be nice if Shipstation didn't assign Discounts/Coupons as line items. We're always running promotions and having to delete a extra line for hundreds of orders is time consuming.

Please stop assigning Discounts/Coupons as line items and put them in a place that makes more sense, like order details, order summary, or better yet "Discounts & Coupons".

Appreciate it,
    Lifetime Leather

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In ShipStation’s new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3), discounts and coupons should not import as line items any longer.

Depending on which store(s) you are using, there may be other options to bring in discount codes as notes (this option exists with Shopify, for example), which you can use to then trigger automation rules, if needed.

7. Combine Shipment / Don't Combine Orders

Customers with multiple orders from our various sales channels often request a single shipment.

Currently combining orders means that one order number remains and the other orders are "lost." This results in the "lost" orders being unsearchable in Shipstation.

It would better to combine the shipment instead of the orders.

This is what the customer is expecting to happen and it is a more intuitive handling of order data for users.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

This is how the combine feature works in ShipStation’s new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3).

When you select orders to combine, ShipStation does not destroy the order record. Instead, the items in each order are part of shipments and the items are combined into a single shipment. Original order numbers are retained and shipment notifications are sent for both orders to the selling channel.

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033432631

8. Show line items in the Orders Grid instead of "Multiple"

We need to be able to see each item on a multiple item order. It's no good showing the words 'multiple items.' Sometimes I can only ship a product if I have that product in stock, some 'multiple items' order may contain an item which is not in stock or is a pre order. Inventory management is not the solution. Individual line items for multiple items is.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Orders grid in ShipStation now allows you to expand orders to show the items each order contains along with all the item details (sku, quantity, price, etc).

This feature is not available in ShipStation Legacy.

9. batch

Batches need to be seen by all users not just the person that created it.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Order Links

My team throws around a LOT of plaintext Order IDs in Slack as we go about our day.

If we need to look up an order, we then have to go to Shipstation, enter the order in search, wait, and then do our thang.

To minimize time and friction, I wanted to write a snippet to automatically convert the plaintext order ID to a link that would open the corresponding Order ID in Shipstation. It would shave off 15-45 seconds from every order lookup... time which adds up!

It seems like a simple fix to be able to link to…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The order number links in the Orders grid in the new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3) now use a unique link to open the order details. You can copy the URL from the browser URL field when viewing the order details and share with any other user so they can click it and go directly to that order in ShipStation.

11. Hot link directly to Shipstation Order

Right now, we need to look up an order in a custom order management system, then look it up in Shipstation. I'd like to create a workflow where we can look up the order in the first system, then just click a link to go directly to the order page in Shipstation. So basically, I'd like to link directly to a Shipstation order page.

However, each order page loads in a modal window so orders aren't given a direct URL. I'd like to simply have a shipsation URL where I can pass in an order id and have that page…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve updated the quicksearch function in ShipStation to allow for this type of direct link.

If you enter the order number at the end of this URL, it will pull up the specific order you are looking for: https://ship.shipstation.com/orders/all-orders-search-result?quickSearch=

We’re going to close this request to give you your votes back and we’ll continue to work to improve the ability for you to reference orders inside our system.

12. Actually Implement a Requested Idea!! & Provide a list of ideas that have been Implemented

I have been using shipstation for 6+ years now. I have submitted ideas, i have voted for ideas, I have requested changes for packing slips, pick lists, email templates, additional custom fields, Import fields, export fields, shipping costs, bulk items, inventory changes, adding custom carriers, freight carriers, better options for more than 1 package orders, Sending notifications for marked as shipped, Combine Fulfillment reports with shipping reports and manifests so you can see everything that shipped out and not just what went out via parcel, etc.. Over the past 6 years the only change i have seen is the help…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

There are a few ways you can view the ideas that we’ve implemented or updates we’ve made.

Here on the feedback forum you can filter ideas by status. Go to the home page (click the ShipStation logo in the top left to get there) and then set the Status filter to “Completed” – see attached image. The list of ideas will then show you all the posts we’ve set to the completed status.

We also now have a regular “Improvements and Bug Fixes” blog post on our ShipStation Community page. We are posting this blog regularly so our users can see what new or improved features have been released and what bugs have recently been fixed. Here is our most recent post (another coming next week): https://community.shipstation.com/t5/Blog/ShipStation-Improvements-and-Bug-Fixes-Apr-19-30/ba-p/1333

New features or significant changes to features will also appear in our “What New in ShipStation?” help article, which is typically updated…

13. Need to see actual items not the word (Multiple items)

Currently, I have 4041 orders to fill today. http://screencast.com/t/c8NxtCNt

My staff is each assigned an item or group of items to fill that day. Your system doesnt show what items are in the order unless you click on the order. For 4,000 orders a day this is a very slow process.

I need it changed to indicate the actual items.

I will pay you to address this issue.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now possible in ShipStation’s new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3). Order with multiple items now have a disclosure triangle in the Orders grid that when clicked will show each item in the order as its own line item in the grid. Review our View, Search, and Sort orders article for more details: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025869052-View-Search-and-Sort-Orders#UUID-c32ce049-a1eb-9cc8-2dd2-008b33970231

This feature is not available in ShipStation Legacy.

14. Missing Address Line 3

The address line 3 field has been removed. Why? Many times a marketplace sends over a long address from an international customer on the address line 1 and 2 fields. We many times have to edit this address and move part of it down to the address line 3 field or the company name field. Sometimes we have to use both lines.

There is now now way to add the address line 3 in manually when it is needed. I am not sure if this change was not well thought out, but it is causing problems for some of our…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ShipStation’s new layout (formerly called ShipStation V3) does include address line 3 in both the New Order pop-up and in the Order Details recipient. Additionally, if we receive line 3 from the selling channel or CSV import, it should display whether you are using the new or legacy layout of ShipStation.

Please be aware that not all carriers support Address Line 3 (FedEx will often not accept addresses with a 3rd line and you’ll have to consolidate the address into 2 lines when that happens).

15. Split an order from Order Details view

Splitting orders for partial fulfillment is a very common activity for me, but the process is very clunky. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something that will make it easier.

Right now, it appears I can only split an order by pulling up the Orders view (with or without a filter), selecting one order, digging around for the well-hidden "Split Order" option under the "Other Actions" button, and performing the split from there.

One of the reasons this is cumbersome is that I spend more time in the Order Details view determining how the order needs to be split. I…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. captcha

Having CAPTCHA impacts our workflow can we have an option to stay logged in and bypass this feature? We fulfill for a couple of companies and each uses their own shipstation, which can be a hassle in itself anyway. So having to find pictures to quickly log in makes this feature a hassle.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, thanks again for letting us know about your experience with reCAPTCHA. We’ve recently made improvements based on your feedback. You should not see the prompt multiple times per day. If you continue to see this, please reach out to our support team at help.shipstation.com so we can better understand what you’re seeing.

To reduce the likelihood you’ll see the prompt, use the same web browser daily without ad-blockers or private browsing.

17. Adding ITN to UPS Shipment

Hi Shipstation Developers- Please make adding an ITN to a UPS shipment as easy and straightforward as adding ITN to USPS shipment. I have attached a photo of what the USPS ITN field looks like (red arrow) in the customs section of an order. This field is not available for UPS shipments for some reason.

(FWIW, I spent much time with a member of your support team chatting and emailing about this issue already and didn't really get anywhere. The rep was helpful but unfortunately their proposed workaround of adding the ITN to the 'ITN/Tax ID or USPS' line in…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A single User needs to be able to make more than 5 batches

Users should be able to create more than 5 batches. A single user can easily handle more than 5. We have one label printer who is responsible for up to 8 batches at a time, he has to use to user login accounts in order to have more than 5 batches going. Using two separate logins merely to create more than 5 batches was the work around suggested by support. There's gotta be a better way.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display Product Options on Packing Slip

I sell on Amazon Handmade. I use ShipStation for printing labels, but I have to still print the packing slips in Seller Central because ShipStation does not include the product options such as size and color for the products ordered. Can you make it where that information is available in ShipStation. You would save me hours everyday!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

One of our solutions partners, Data Automation, has recently built a connector that provides this functionality.

Review the Amazon Custom & Handmade Stores section of our Amazon Marketplace article for more details: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026140891-Amazon-Marketplace#UUID-d002b8d2-a63f-d2e3-dfb7-cb839c06a781

You will need to contact Data Automation to sign up for their connector, and they’ll work with you to ensure it’s pulling over the right information into the right fields.

It looks like another user has provided their own custom solution in the comments as well (thank you!).

At this time, ShipStation is planning on building a direct integration with the Amazon Custom & Handmade stores. The best option at this point is to go with these external, 3rd party options to pull that data into ShipStation.

20. Bring hotkeys (keyboard shortcuts) back for V3

When Version 3 rolled out, ShipStation removed keyboard shortcuts. These were very handy and saved time. Please bring back the keyboard shortcuts.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback!

We added advanced hotkeys into the new ShipStation layout the first week of March! You can view the available hotkeys by selecting the Hotkeys option under the help menu. We also added new Mark as Shipped and Mark as Shipped Bulk hotkeys.

Check out our community blog for our improvements and bug fixes posts that we are now adding each month to keep up to date with the latest releases: https://community.shipstation.com/t5/Blog/ShipStation-Improvements-and-Bug-Fixes-Feb-19-Mar-5/ba-p/893

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base