Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Only Display Qualified Shipping Methods that Meet Promised Delivery Guarantee

Especially when we ship orders for Premium 2 Day, or Seller Fulfilled Prime on Amazon (but also when our customers upgrade shipping on our storefront), it would be incredibly helpful for Shipstation to only display qualified shipping methods that will meet the delivery guarantee.

If you use the Buy Shipping Services in Seller Central, it already filters out methods that don't meet the guarantee. For example, if we are shipping from Indiana to Illinois, ground shipping is eligible, which saves us from paying extra for 2 Day Express. After all, the customer is buying a delivery time frame and not…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automate Shipping Method - based on rules

Automation of the Carrier and Package type is currently only done when the data is pulled in from the online store database. We want to automate the Carrier and Package type after the scale has provided the accurate weight.

Because we produce custom printed products it is difficult to know the exact weight of the customers order until the order has been packaged for shipping. Selecting the Carrier and package type can lead to errors and adds labor to our process.

Please apply the rules for automation on carrier and package type selection post weighing.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to update custom field on shipped orders using API

I need the ability to edit the custom fields via the API after the order has a shipped status.

This feature would help so us so that i can insert the customer group. We run reports on this info and have misinformation because some orders get marked as shipped and the automated API function cant update the custom field on the order

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. White/Plain Label for our own couriers

Ability to print a label with only the address so our own delivery drivers can deliver the parcels.
    Thanks.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OR Condition in Automation Rules

I want to be able to either:

1. Use a filter FIRST and then apply other conditions as well in the automation rules

OR

1. Have an OR condition on the automation rule.

OR

1. Be able to cascade automation rules that way there can be a top level rule that then other rules can apply to if they match the same conditions.

The issue is that if there is a complex rule set that you need to apply to multiple other conditions, you have to re-create the complex rule set for ever scenario. This is very prohibitive.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change Order Numbers - Split Ship Mode

The duplicate order number that the split ship mode creates is a big problem for our workflow. With the new layout, we lost the ability to create a suffix Ex:(Order # -1) when splitting orders. We would really like the ability to edit order numbers or add a suffix again so we do not have duplicate orders floating around.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automate orders that have already been imported.

We have some orders that are picked up in store. For these orders, we'd like to make a rule that after the order has been open for X days (and the customer hasn't picked up), it sends us an email reminder to refund the customer and cancel the order.

I've managed to make an automation rule that does exactly that, but it will only process on the orders as they are being imported, which makes it useless in these kinds of situations.

It would be great if there was a way to automate orders that have already been imported.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently considering many requests about improving and expanding automation in ShipStation. The current functionality for automation rules is that they only run on orders when the order imports (an order import is the trigger for all automation rules). The only other way to trigger is with the Reprocess button.

One issue with this particular request is that ShipStation does not sync with the selling channel when orders are cancelled in ShipStation – so having an automation like this could potentially cause ShipStation and your selling channel to get out of sync unless you manually also cancel the order in your selling channel. We would actually recommend checking with your selling channel to see if they have automation that could accomplish this on the store side. Any orders cancelled in your selling channel would be updated in ShipStation the next time you refreshed your…

8. Scan to Tag

I'd like to be able to quickly tag orders with an "error" tag - within the "Scan" tab. So our warehouse team can flag orders quickly - possibly even with a scan to barcode option.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Warehouse Location Shopify

Please work with Shopify to add a Warehouse Location feature with them to make picking orders easy! Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Searching for multiple orders at a time

Can you please add a feature so that we can search for multiple orders at a time, for example when I put in 12345, 12347 I want to be able to search and list both on one page.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scan UPC to bring up Order and print label

I would like to be able to scan a upc to bring up order information and to print a label through this way.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. attach a file or upload a picture in the customer notes or internal notes section

We create a proof of the customers order and it would be helpful to attached a pdf file of the approved proof and/or paste an image of the approved proof into the customer notes or internal notes section. This would eliminate the need to look at the approved image from email or different platforms such as Esty or a shared drive where the approved customer proof is available. - Thanks!

I create a proof of an order for the customer to review and approve before we start production. Am I able to attach a file or paste a picture of…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Side-by-side comparison when address is changed during validation

Can we be shown a side-by-side comparison of what was originally input and what validation will do when an address is being changed during validation?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Customers email address + phone number on customs declaration with DHL

We get many requests from DHL asking for customers contact information around customs declaration.

It would be good to include customer contact information (mobile + email) on the customs declaration to streamline communications with customer and DHL.

Thank you

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. amazon Netherlands, Poland, Sweden

Recently there is no any list for amazon like Netherlands, Poland, Sweden in shipstation market place please add these into shipstaion

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add awaiting shipments in RED if we dont have inventory

I am from a country, like MANY others, that can not use labels/shipping part of Shipstation.

I NEED to see what orders I can fulfill and which ones I do not have inventory for.

As today, I cannot use the print labels. So i dont see if I have the item in stock or not.

SUGGESTION: Mark awaiting orders that we do not have in inventory as RED. Or/And add a note like "no inventory" on the packing slips.

Thank you, this will be the ONLY way I can continue using Shipstation.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Package Size Drop Down for Multiple Package UPS shipments

Allow Package Size Drop Down for Multiple Package UPS shipments.

As soon as you enter 'Ship Multiple Package' you lose the ability to select packages from a dropdown.

Entering box dimensions for 35 boxes is cumbersome. Especially if I only have 4 different box sized.

No Shipstation, package sets do not solve this problem.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cancel an order

I have been using ship station since last 6 years consistently, and worked with many other apis and every one provide a separate end point for cancelling an order instead of making it complex to add un-necessary fields information to cancel an order.

Please create new end point for canceling orders like we have for mark order as shipped in API https://www.shipstation.com/docs/api/orders/mark-as-shipped/ , so we can write separate script for canceling orders to make more organized our order system.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ORDER SCAN : BARCODE

We use to scan order using the barcode on the packing slip and it use to pull up the order directly, now on V3 we need to go to the scan section in order to do that ? can this process be the same in V2 it's much easier when you have so many orders to fulfill.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. While the Scan to View feature is not yet fully implemented in the new layout, it is on the roadmap to add this into the new layout so the Scan to View barcodes on packing slips pull up order details when scanned, no matter where you are in the UI.

20. Add "requested shipping service" to manual order input screen

The manual order input screen needs to be more complete. You should be able to enter requested shipping service, for instance, when inputting a manual order. Imagine a customer service or sales agent taking an order over the phone....they should be able to put ALL relevant information in when the order is created (including tags, notes, etc). I know this seems like a small change, but saving a couple clicks can be very important when a customer is on the phone.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Feedback and Knowledge Base