Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

The ShipStation Feedback Forum collects your ideas and allows you to vote and comment on other ideas so our product team can understand what new features are most important to you or what business challenges we need to address next.

Everyone has 20 votes to spend on ideas that are important to them (but you can comment as much as you like). 

While all ideas will get reviewed, it's simply not possible for all ideas to make it onto the product roadmap. The more activity an idea has, however, the more likely it is to be considered. So, be sure to check if your idea has already been posted so you can add your votes and comments to it! 

Suggestions for Writing a Great Idea Post

• Write a title to succinctly summarize your post. Other users should be able to identify if their idea is similar to yours just by reading the title so they will know to vote and comment on it!
  • Explain the problem you are trying to solve and what you think should be added or changed in ShipStation to solve this problem. 
  • Describe how you would use this feature or how you think it should function to serve your need.
  • Attach a screenshot to help illustrate your point. 
  • Put the idea in the category that best fits what you are trying to accomplish (for example: Order Management, Insights & Reporting, or Printing & Documents).

What to Expect With an Idea 

Our moderators will regularly review posts to ensure:
    • They are categorized in a logical way. If not, they may move them to the proper category. 
    • The title accurately reflects the idea content so others can understand. If not, they may edit the post title to help others identify posts they want to vote and comment on.
    • That posts are really ideas and not bug reports or issues that require contacting our support team. 
    • That any request that has an existing solution or can be accomplished with existing features gets a response to let everyone know a solution or feature already exists and how to learn about it.
Our moderators will also update the statuses of posts as they are considered by our product team. If an idea makes it onto the roadmap, we'll update the idea status from Planned to Started to Completed as work progresses on the idea. If an idea is declined or archived, our moderator will update the status to indicate so and you will receive your votes back to use on other ideas in the future. 

Finally, if more information is needed on an idea, the moderator will post a reply to ask for them. If it is your idea or you have commented on the idea, you should receive an email notification when this occurs.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please let me Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch

We use Batches to organize orders before processing. Many times we need to contact customers before processing. All the customers we want to contact have been organized in a Batch. The most efficient way we contact multiple customers is via a mail merge, which requires a .csv (or Excel) file containing the customer and order details. Without being able to Export Order Line Items from within an Active Batch, I am left with no option but to contact each customer one at a time--a very lengthy and tedious process that ideally my company can avoid.

Who else would LOVE this…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Run Automation on Single Order

Would be great if we could just run automation on just single orders, or select which orders to run it on. Since there is a lag with shipstation kicking in and running automation, this would be a very helpful work around.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to Cancel and Refund Orders Across Marketplaces

We would love if you had an option where you could allow admin users to cancel and refund orders across marketplaces. Since Shipstation is a central hub where we can see orders from all channels it would be great if we could quickly refund any cancellation or returns without having to visit each channel and searching for each order to cancel and refund.
    Please consider adding this feature. Thanks!

Video Example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJzFLRV6C2Q

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. multiple 3rd party users sharing access to the same orders.

I am a product vendor logged into my client's shipstation as a user. I will never be the Admin. My staff performs 2 tasks often simultaneously or in close proximity that causes one or the other to get kicked off the system. One "cleans" the orders - splitting / canceling / fixing shipping / Customs etc.. The other ships the orders. Though they both need to be on the system at the same time, they would never be working on the same orders. It would be super helpful as a 3rd party vendor on a client's shipstation - if I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to update single split order via the API

When an order is split, all of the related orders are given the same internal "orderKey". When updating any one of the orders using the API, the values given (even if they are the right ones ex. address) overwrite all of the orders. There may be some internal logic as to why they share the same key but if I want to target only one of the orders I am unable to do so through the API.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow us to delete canceled orders

There should be a way to delete orders from the 'canceled' tab - sometimes an import doesn't go quite right, or perhaps you created the order to get a shipping cost for a customer who backed out - there's no reason to keep all that data in the canceled tab.
    Furthermore, and more importantly - if it's a botched import - you have to change to all new order #'s or re-importing will only update the already botched orders (and if it's the order # that's botched, you're way out of luck.)

Let us delete canceled orders.

71 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Dave, thank you for bringing this up! You’re right, the order number is the identifier in which we can look for to update order information. For example, if you mis-mapped product name and SKU you can re-import the file with the existing order numbers to update these fields.

One other thing you can look into is deactivating your manual store and creating a new one. This will hide all orders associated with this store.

And if you’re looking to create shipping rates, have you looked into the rate calculator? This will let you provide quotes to potential customers or for you to get a better understanding of the available shipping services. Here’s more information on this: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901588

Please let us know here in the forum what you think!

7. Add new fields to the order xml in magento

The magento shipstation extension sends a fix format xml to shipstation thru an api I believe. can we add additional fields to that xml.

How can we do that. And if we are successful how can we test that on shipstation

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Manual qty input with specific pick-list

You know how each order shows the qty of a product? Well, I would LOVE the ability to manually input the qty that we actually have or do not have and then print a pick-list based on what is needed on all selected orders. Make sense?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Failure Notifications on Marketplace

Receiving email notifications that marketplace notifications have failed would be a great enhancement.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. logging of order manipulations

every time you split, or combine an order, I would lOVE to have that logged. (i.e. ... wed sept 12 4pm EST you split order 2178345 Fred Jones (customer name) into 2 orders(with new order numbers).... AND wed sept 12 4pm EST you combined order 2348355 Fred Jones with order 2358349 Fred Jones to make new order number xxxxxxxx. This would help tremendously catching any errors, such as when you mistakenly combine 2 orders from different customers by mistake, etc..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Permanent Customer Tags!!

Permanent Customer Tags!!

It would be very beneficial to have the ability to tag an order within the "orders" tab for a customer and have the option to save that tag to the customer’s record going forward.

For example:
    John Doe ordered from you in the beginning of the year. John then placed another order 3 months later. So you tag John in the orders tab as something like…. Returning Customer, Free Gift, or what every you want. Well low and behold the only way the tag will stick to every upcoming order is that you would have to search…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. order summary picture

Can we have the option to increase the size of the picture on the order summary.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. MAKE RETURNS SEPARATE ORDERS!!!!

need to be able to view returns, be able to "receive them" etc. right now they are just kind of limbo associated with the order but exissting nowhere else

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Filter Criteria using OR logic

Currently when entering multiple filter criteria they ALL must be true for the filter to match (ie, AND clause). This has clear limitations to the flexibility to filtering when you need to use an OR condition instead.

For example, to create an accurate filter for orders to Guam, you must create 2 separate filters, one with Country=Guam and another with State=Guam. If we were able to chose the logic operator (OR/AND) when setting up these filter criteria, both criteria could be used in a . single filter with the OR operator, instead of having to create multiple filters.

This idea…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. item options

While I was writing an automation rule, I realised that I cannot choose "Item Options" as a criteria. If "Item Options" added as a criteria, most people can solve their problems on their own and lower your support expenses I guess.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Cancelled Orders to Update Status or be Restored via API

If you use cart software with many plugin options some of them will make assumptions that don't jive with ShipStation.

For example, if a payment is declined they can change the order status to Cancelled. ShipStation will import this as a Cancelled order. When the customer tries to pay with another payment method and succeeds their order will remain Cancelled because ShipStation does not allow you to update the status of Cancelled orders via API.

Please change this, it is ridiculous. ShipStation is not supposed to be the one making assumptions about your workflow, that's why it's so customizeable. Except…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import Third Party Account Information

Add CSV import Mapping fields for Third Party Account Numbers. Many of our Dropship customers want to use their own FedEx account numbers. Currently, we have the manually enter their Account Numbers for each order post-import. This is time consuming and can cause mistakes during busy holiday seasons

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @Cara, thanks for bringing this up! While we wait for other users to chime in, I think there may be somethings we can do today to help you apply the FedEx account numbers faster.

Have you looked into an automation rule to charge to a third party? This will allow you to automatically apply account numbers to orders if you already know how to filter down your orders.

Alternatively, from the orders grid, you may want to look into using bulk actions to “charge shipping to 3rd party…”

18. Action to Remove Tag in Autorules

There is an action in the auto rules to add a tag but not to remove a tag.

We have two shipping lines that ship either the small or large items and every morning someone has to go through and remove the small tags from orders that contain items of each size and were tagged as both.

Our small/large tag is applied by through the product not a rule but we need a rule to remove the extra tag. It would be very simple and say if order has both large & small tags then remove small tag.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Order Links

My team throws around a LOT of plaintext Order IDs in Slack as we go about our day.

If we need to look up an order, we then have to go to Shipstation, enter the order in search, wait, and then do our thang.

To minimize time and friction, I wanted to write a snippet to automatically convert the plaintext order ID to a link that would open the corresponding Order ID in Shipstation. It would shave off 15-45 seconds from every order lookup... time which adds up!

It seems like a simple fix to be able to link to…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

20. Improve Scan to View Barcode System

We print the Order ID on every label so that we can use it in our WMS and ERP solution that we built based off of your order API. And our custom system does everything. Pretty much 90% of your idea portal is solved in-house.
    The only thing we can't control is your interface, and API bugs.
    We can't make use of the scan to view barcode because of how cumbersome the setup is. Here are my suggestions.

Remove the Hex
    We have a perfectly good Order ID on our labels already, which we use in our system. Your Scan…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base