Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. external provider

When running my end of day report to see what was shipped from Ship Station any order that show up External provider does not pull over into ANY report that I run. I even had your support team try. We can not calculate our total properly because of this. Please fix.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi @mleon thanks for bringing this up! I took a look into your ticket with our folks here and see you’ve gone through most of the reports and haven’t found what you’re looking for.

What kind of total are you looking to calculate?

Please let us know here in the forums so we can have an open discussion with others looking for reports.

2. Order Accuracy verification by weight

We use shipstation to pick, pack and ship orders. We use a USB scale to weigh and generate shipping labels. Shipstation knows the products and quantities being picked.
    Using this information Shipstation could use some basic math to derive weights of each item across many orders. Then in the future, Shipstation could automatically estimate shipping weights and compare it to actual. If there is a significant difference, Shipstation could alert the user that there may be an error in product quantities. This process would help reduce shipment errors.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View Ship to address in order view

We ship multiple orders to the same location. It would be nice if we could see the ship to address in the main order screen so we can sort / filter by it and easily select all the orders going to the same location.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add customer notifications for shipments outside of sales orders

I frequently ship randomly outside of actual sales orders. This is great that I can do this, but unfortunately there's no option to notify customers when you ship this way. I have to copy and paste the tracking info into an email...

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Combined Orders

Provide more details about orders that are combined in the API. When an order has combined the data that you provide in the API is minimal. You provide no data if the order is combined at the marketplace.

17 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the update! We’d like this one to gain more traction before moving forward on adding more data to the API when combining orders.

If you’re interested in supporting this idea, please add what information you’re looking for and any other information that helps outline the main challenges here today!

6. Scan USPS Barcode to search for shipment

We should be able to look up shipments by the usps or ups barcode. It would be very easy to implement and it would make things much easier when processing returns.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Tristan! Thanks for bringing this up. Before we move forward, we’d like to hear from other users. Most carrier labels can be easily searched by scanning their barcode, but you’re right that USPS is a little bit different.

You’ll have to remove the first 8 characters from the data that is pulled in to isolate the tracking number.

7. In-Store Pickup should be a service mapping

ShipStation is much more than just shipping software -- it's a platform to manage the logistics of a business. In-Store Pickup is very common for us, and it's important that staff who are processing orders be aware of that fulfillment method when seeing the orders list etc. Please create a Service mapping for In-Store Pickup! Thank you! You guys rule!

Jason

53 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jason! Thanks for bring this up (and the kudos!) Have you looked into tagging your local orders? This will help increase visibility and you can automate the tagging.

If you’ve got “local pickup” as an option on your store, we can import that value as the requested service (depending on which selling channel you’re using). If the requested service appears, you can make an automation rule that says “If requested service (marketplace) equals local pickup, then apply a tag”.

Once you get there, you can use the mark as shipped method to move the order from awaiting shipment to shipped.

Let us know here in the product feedback forum if you’ve got any questions or more information to clarify your idea.

8. URGENT - I need to assign multiple users to an order - WH & CS

We have 2 teams at one of our fulfillment centers - the WH and CS. They both should have access to the same orders since they have unique logins (as using the same login would kick the other out throughout the day) - currently this cannot happen because you can only assign one user per order!!

Is anyone else needing this function urgently like I am!?!??!

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Customize Manual Order Page

Would be awesome if we could customize the manual order page with specific "Notes" fields such as "Custom Field 1".

Reason being, when we create a shipment, there is that option to just choose "Save and Ship" or "Save Order". We almost always just use the "Save and Ship" to save a lot of time but now one of our customer's wants us to provide their PO on their bills and the only way for us to do that is for me to map the "Custom Field 1" to the "Custom Field 2" on the labels.

Ofcourse, since the "Custom…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reoccurring Orders

We have customers asking for reoccuring orders but this feature is not yet available in ShipStation. Any idea when this functionality will be live? This takes out a lot of manual & monthly steps for our team.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Logo on "Ship From" addresses.

We do drop shipping for some clients using our address. It would be much simpler for us if we could add their logo to the "Ship From Address" rather than having to create a whole new store for them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to update custom field on shipped orders using API

I need the ability to edit the custom fields via the API after the order has a shipped status.

This feature would help so us so that i can insert the customer group. We run reports on this info and have misinformation because some orders get marked as shipped and the automated API function cant update the custom field on the order

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make vague errors less vague to help support and users

Problem: Errors like "The XML document is well formed but the document is not valid " are vague and result in more interactions and higher chat time due to the many variables that this error stems from.

User Goal: Be able to understand errors, what to do to fix them, and not have to contact support.

How often does the user encounter this?: Users come in with other vague errors asking to see what they mean and how they can fix it. It requires a lot of digging on the agent end and results in higher chat time.

ZD link: …

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. seller fulfilled prime tracking

Currently orders shipped using Amazon Shipping to purchase the shipping do not update tracking status in the shipments tab - they just show the "?" delivery status unknown icon even once they are delivered.

It would be great if the tracking icon and status updated in the display just like when we purchase shipping through the carriers direct.

Thanks

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Automation Rule to print to designated printer based on a field value

It would be very useful o have Automation Rule to print to designated printer based on a field value, becuase I use different printers for USPS , Fedex and UPS

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. End of day - Restircted users can see shipments created by other users

Hi,

Users with restricted rights that should only be able to see shipments created by them, are able to see shipments created by other users in the End Of Day forms. Furthermore they are able to print End of Day form for shipments they did not create. End of day form has shipments details from all orders and not just theirs. This is a security concern and defeats the whole purpose of having the option of having a user not see other users shipments

This seems to be a bug. Kindly fix.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display the actual tag name in the tag column, not just color

If you add the Tag column all you see is the color bubble. I'm trying to use tags to classify my orders properly but when I have the orders page open I can't see how that order is classified by just the color.

I'm slightly color blind but that's not the point here, if you're using tags to classify products somehow, then the actual tag name should be displayed in the tag column.

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adding additional fields to the new order entry page

Add additional fields to the new order entry page. Right now you can only add address and contact info and the most basic order details. It would save a lot of time if an additional dropdown menu was added so we could select fields like "custom field", tags, warehouses, etc. basically all the other fields you can flesh out AFTER you enter the order.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Warehouse Location Shopify

Please work with Shopify to add a Warehouse Location feature with them to make picking orders easy! Thank you!

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automate Emails for OOS and Buyer Notes

Automate emails on existing orders for when customer leaves a comment or an item is out of stock.

By entering custom field 'oos' or after leaving a 'note to buyer' create an Automation Rule that will allow you to send the populated 'buyer note to customer' or a generic email with an item list letting you know the item has not be sent and you will expect a refund.

This way all notes and comments can be kept in shipstation and notification. It will stop spreading our work team across separate apps and use shipstation as our sort of 'all…

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base