Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shopify - Fraud Risk Alerts on Shipstation Orders Page

Can we get a notification on the Shipstation orders page for orders that shopify flags as Medium or High risk of fraud. This would save us having to go back and forth from shopify to shipstation checking for this alert for every single order.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

2. Order Links

My team throws around a LOT of plaintext Order IDs in Slack as we go about our day.

If we need to look up an order, we then have to go to Shipstation, enter the order in search, wait, and then do our thang.

To minimize time and friction, I wanted to write a snippet to automatically convert the plaintext order ID to a link that would open the corresponding Order ID in Shipstation. It would shave off 15-45 seconds from every order lookup... time which adds up!

It seems like a simple fix to be able to link to…

23 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

3. Automatic Order Created When a Returned Item Arrives

The branded returns portal is great in terms of generating a return. However one feature that I think would be useful is if the item needs to be returned due to a warranty or delivery issue. Let's say the item needs replacement - can the customer select Warranty or Replacement, and then an automatic re-order could generate within ShipStation based on the selection. It would hold the inventory for the replacement, and once we approve the warranty/replacement it could be shipped.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Scan to View Barcode System

We print the Order ID on every label so that we can use it in our WMS and ERP solution that we built based off of your order API. And our custom system does everything. Pretty much 90% of your idea portal is solved in-house.
    The only thing we can't control is your interface, and API bugs.
    We can't make use of the scan to view barcode because of how cumbersome the setup is. Here are my suggestions.

Remove the Hex
    We have a perfectly good Order ID on our labels already, which we use in our system. Your Scan…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give option to highlight "requested service mappings" for expedited orders

I would like to see the option to set certain requested service levels to be highlighted on the orders page. The main benefit to this would be so that we could easily see our expedited orders as highlighted in a certain color so that they are not overlooked very easily.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fraudulent Order Filtering and Prevention with Equals or Does Not Equal Filters

May of the fradulent orders we're dealing with have a Buyer Name that is different from the Recipient Name (or Ship To name).
    Because they use all the correct credit card information and just ship it to some other bogus name and address.

I think a quick way to help us prevent those orders from shipping would be the ability to Filter out or Flag those orders.

The fields are already there under filters:
    Buyer Name
    Recipient name.

It could be as easy as allowing a filter Buyer Name Does Not Equal Recipient Name.

Or an automation rule If this…

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Insurance amount option in Automation rules

We would like to have this feature as this would save us a lot of time. If we can just set a order total criteria in Automation rules and based on that it changes the insurance amount. Right now we just have to do it one by one manually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Combine/Split order using ShipStation's API

Combine/Split order using ShipStation's API

78 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9. Capture paypal transaction ID's from ebay orders

We have 4 ebay stores that we manage through Shipstation. At the end of the month, we do a Paypal reconciliation to make sure that we've fully accounted for every transaction hitting our Paypal bank.

I suggest Shipstation allow paypal transaction to come in as a datapoint on ebay orders. Other portals (Webgility, ChannelAdvisor, etc) all support pulling this datapoint.

This would add a lot of value to Shipstation, and it would make Shipstation much more viable for companies to use as a standalone product. Right now, my Shipstation trial is dependent on us going with Webgility, because shipstation can't…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Batch print of multiple manually entered labels with different recipients, weights, sizes etc.

I manually enter and ship multiple packages each day, with different sizes, weights to various recipients. I want to create those labels throughout the day (or even more than one label at a sitting), complete with all information, and print them all at once.

Basically, I want to avoid the system auto-charging me for each one individually. 50 charges for $7.20 is frustrating to manage on the accounting side, to say the least. I

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Expand character limit on custom fields

Requesting more characters allowed in Custom Fields 1, 2, 3 (order notes). Or at a minimum, if I'm only allowed 100 characters then don't allow me to enter more than 100 characters. We need these fields to communicate notes to customers, warehouses, etc. 100 characters is not enough.

10 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Folders for Automation Rules

I think it would be helpful if you could have folders to organize automation rules. With thousands of products each requiring automation rules to determine the best ship method, it would be hard to find my other rules.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Be able to see and select more than 500 orders at at given time

Why can we only see and/or select up to 500 orders or shipments at any given time?

We import bulk orders and sometimes have to process up to 5000 orders in one sitting. This means we have to process up to 10 BULK imports.

Why can't you just select to 'SEE ALL' orders or shipments?

38 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please add a "Remove from Batch" button on the "Awaiting Shipment" screen.

Currently, the "Remove from Batch" button only appears when you are viewing a current batch of orders. However, this feature would also be very useful on the "Awaiting Shipment" screen as well. Why is this an important feature that should be implemented? Because if you have a very large batch of orders and you are trying to locate a specific order to remove from the batch using the "Search Orders" field, there is no option to "Remove from Batch" when the order comes up in your search result. Turns out it was all for nothing because you still need to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please change the international icon to something nicer

I understand that a change was rolled out last Thursday, July 27th, that changed the icon for international orders from a globe of the earth to a black circle with a question mark inside it. This appears for users who do not have international address verification enabled. Since I do not want to enable this feature, I honestly can't stand looking at this new icon. It kind of makes you feel like there is a problem with the order and it's just plain ugly.

My suggestion would be to put the globe of the earth back the way it was,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Organize Items on an order

We would like to have the ability to rearrange, drag and drop, or select and tab up or down, etc. Items on an order to arrange it in a specific order. Our process flow is that we pick orders the way the product is laid out in the warehouse. a particular style is set left to right from smallest to largest. Our customer read orders the same way. Everyone is taught at a very young age that we organize from smallest to largest. left to right. Well, except for countries that read from right to left. Therefore we would like…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Safedrop

Allow us to set the default confirmation for Australia post to not be safe drop through an automation rule?

12 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the update! Now I understand and you’re right. The best route today is to use the sidebar to update your orders through the sidebar. For now, we’ll wait to hear from other users on their feedback on this before moving forward.

18. updating inventory via barcode scan

Since we now use the Shipstation inventory feature, it would be great to be able to barcode scan inventory into the Shipstation system. It just makes sense if we are using barcode scanning to locate orders, etc that we would be able to scan a products barcode, enter the received amount and it would update the Shipstation system.

We are a small but growing company and prefer to keep as much as we can in one native system which also keeps overall costs a lower for us. We are happy to pay a bit more to Shipstation for these solutions.

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring back search all history

Please bring back the 'search all time' option/link that displayed at the bottom of the standard 6 months of searching for historic orders.

The advanced search takes much longer to use having to pick date ranges etc - even having an option in that screen to just search for all time would be much quicker.

Thanks!

39 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. automation rules awaiting payment

I would really like Automation rules to apply to orders awaiting payment and on hold. I have an automation rule that tags really large orders 'special order' when they are going to be made to order, rather than picked from inventory. My warehouse software SkuVault, is configured to ignore orders tagged 'special order' in ShipStation. However, because automation rules don't apply until the order is awaiting shipment, that critical tag isn't applied and my inventory is allocated in error. I would love to hear the counter argument for why automation rules shouldn't run for orders that are awaiting payment or…

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base