Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Split Orders Status Change

Hey, We would like a way for ShipStation to auto change the status of a split order. Right now it will change the status of the orders that are shipped but if the order is split it stays as processing. It dose send a note to WooCommerces with the products that were shipped and the tracking number but it keeps the order status as processing. If it could change the order status to Split Order that would be great. That way when we are going threw the orders on WooCommerces we don't have to open them to find out why…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Order Item Id

Can you import the order item ID from amazon.com? Please see attached for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. set default location for csv file import

I import my files form my order management software each day. I would like to have the ability to set the default location of the file.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Order Status change

A way to manually change the status of an order from the sale to return Currently, if you do not create a return label you cannot change the order status. We have many returns that we do not create return label for. These orders are still in the system classified as a sale when they are not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Order Delivery/Event Date Export and Column Sorting

We operate a flower delivery company using BigCommerce as our backend platform. One of the main needs of our business is the ability to specify/deliver on specific dates (birthdays, holidays, etc.). As such, the ability to sort by Delivery/Event Date in the Order Grid would be a major benefit for us, or really any other business that has time-sensitive, gift-focused, or perishable goods.

Generally, the order date vs. desired delivery date are not the same, so including that information as a sortable column would drastically improve shipping accuracy and efficiency. We are currently doing in manually.

BigCommerce has this as…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lock Order Notes, and time-stamp each note

Each 'order note' should be locked once commented, and it should user and time stamped. This would prevent rogue users from clearing or editing the notes to conceal their mistakes, and improving accountability and transparency amongst users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fedex Verification

We've been having a lot of trouble with the fact that the only address verification is through Stamps.com. Because Fedex uses its own database and charges us if our address doesn't match theirs, we've had to turn off this functionality. It would be super helpful if we could use Fedex verification. Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Retain records from inactive stores

I have switched from WooCommerce to Magento, but would like my customers' order history from WooCommerce to remain in ShipStation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. FTP connection to order management system

Currently, my order management system does not integrate with ShipStation. I would like the option to have an open FTP site

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @John, thank you for taking the time to bring it up! While we wait for more users to chime in, there are a few ways you can integrate other systems into ShipStation such as API, XML/custom store, and the ODBC connector (Enterprise plan only).

To determine whether you should use the API or create a custom store, read here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205928478

You can read more about our ODBC connector here: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/226123307

10. Customer Search Efficiency

In addressing customer support emails, I frequently use the "Customers" tab to search for order histories. This always gets the job done, but with one minor grievance. When opening that page, all the customers I have ever had are immediately loaded, and I have to wait for that to load before conducting my search. (If I try to search before all customers are loaded, the page essentially refreshes and removes the search term I enter)

This wasn't an issue when I had only a few hundred customer records. Now that I have thousands, this initial load can take quite a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @soysaucesam! Thanks for bringing this up! I understand searching for customers is becoming a growing pain as you gain more. What do you think about limiting the number of rows that show up on your Customers page? You can change the number of rows at the bottom of the page to view only 100 rows at a time to reduce load times.

11. Create a New Label based on a specific Order Number

I would like to be able to create a brand new shipping label based on the address from a specific order number. Ideally I would search the order number under shipments and then select it and there should be an option that says "create new shipping label". There should be an option to pre populate just the address or the entire order information.
    This would be really helpful for us since we do subscription products and we based the shipping address based on the original order used to buy the subscription.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sub-Total & Total not properly populated on a manual CSV import

When doing manual CSV import, we've been told by TechSupport that the Order Total is actually a sum of the cost of all the products in the order.

Its not reflective of the Order Total value that might appear in the CSV file when NO products are being imported.
    It would be nice to have that also available in ShipStation.
    If Sub-Total/Total is available (ie not zero) it should be taken as such.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ebay ship by date

would love it if shipstation would pull the ship by date from ebay like it dose for amazon orders thanks

71 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expanding Customer Records to Include Historical Notes

Having notes in regards to credit, purchasing behavior, etc that would automatically show up when an order is created for that customer. Just like how an address is auto-filled, so would these notes. These notes would stick to the specific client.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. orders on calendar view

It would be very helpful to have all open orders shown on a calendar view by week and month. Especially by week to see what is due to ship out.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. when I set up my orders to print ,I will often use the group by button on teh top right of the screen and sort by sku. The first sku that is

when I set up my orders to print ,I will often use the group by button on teh top right of the screen and sort by sku.
    The first sku that is listed is multiples.
    These are orders that have more than one item per order. They print in a random order.
    Is there a way to set up the multiple orders so that it prints in order of sku of the first ordered item?

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. make the words show up and not the color when using tags or have choice to choose which ones appear

make the words show up and not the color when using tags or have choice to choose which ones appear

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fraud Risk Alerts

I would like to help try to flag orders that may be fraudulent. Like the fraud risk alerts on shopify, if it could alert us when the billing and shipping address are different so we can determine our risk and decide if we would want to ship.

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users to choose when orders move from the Hold file to the active order file

We have an early bird that processes our orders, but any orders in the hold file don't transfer over to the main order page to be processed until 5 AM. I know it's not a huge ordeal, but when you have lots of orders on hold for specific ship dates around the holidays it can be tedious when this is supposed to make things easier and smoother.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add City as an Alternative to Zip Code in the Rate Calculator

When checking a rate for an international location DHL doesn't use zip codes for many countries when calculating rates so a rate doesn't show up and an error message appears about a invalid city or zip code. Adding a city field and even a neighborhood like DHL does on their website would help facilitate the rate calculator for international places.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base