Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically send out Order Reports via customized csv

For those 3rd party shippers not in ShipStation, I have to send out daily email csv's pulled from the Orders Tab using my customized Export File type. I use vendor tags for each product, so it is easy to find which product goes with which distributor. I would like shipstation to automatically create these csv's daily and if possible, email them to the distributor I select.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better shipment tracking for shipments that have not been picked up/scanned

Please add a way to see if an order has been printed but not shipped. I have 1 week orders in pre-shipment and the only reason I found out about this is because the customer has email me. It would be very nice if we got alerts about this as well.

ex: "hey this order was printed 7 days ago and still have not shipped. click here to print out label"

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Column "Requested Service" in a batch

When orders are added to a batch you can not sort by requested service, the option is available before its added into a batch.
    It would be helpful to have the column "Requested Service" in the batch as well, the same way it is in the main order page.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Retrieve Order ID from Amazon FBA to cross reference orders

There's another idea here to put the shipstation order ID into Amazon for cross referencing, but that might be difficult
    (http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/3794720-port-out-ord-number-into-fba-amazon-instead-of-the).

It might be easier for you guys to get Amazon's order ID and display it somewhere in shipstation. That would solve the cross-reference problem.

Their API docs are a mess so I couldn't prove that they return the Order ID when you POST the order data to them, but every proper API should return some kind of id.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. tracking packages that aren't moving

We are currently using Aftership to monitor and track package movements, specifically, packages where labels have been created but haven't been handed off to mail carriers. This is vital to us because our business model requires that we provide shipping labels in advance of physically slapping them on a package. At times, our dropshipper neglects to apply the shipping label, i.e., mail carriers never receive the package.

As it pertains to ShipStation, I looked around and I couldn't find that exact functionality. I was able to complete this task only by clicking into each individual tracking # hyperlink to see…

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. hotkey for "save as shipping default for this product"

I'm looking for a hotkey that checks the "save as shipping default for this product" box...or an ability to have that box be always checked automatically.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multiple location shipping of a single order

We want to apply multiple location shipping of single order through ship station. I want to ship my single order to multiple locations/places at the same time. Is it possible to ship station? Does ship station provide this ability through API? Because I need to implement this thing in PHP platform.

I wish to deliver my single order to multiple shipping locations. like if I have purchased watch then I want to deliver that watch to multiple locations like 1 for New York residence another one for Florida residence at the same time with same order checkout.

Let me know…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. make the "created time" of a label available as a column of data

It would be nice to be able to export all of my shipping data and have this information included. I can hold employees accountable to how much time went by between orders or I can see which employee shipped which order based on time shipped if they have to share a user account. The time stamp is already available if I look under order activity, but if I could see it as an actual column that would be infinitely more valuable so I did not have to look at every order individually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show the number of previous orders as a column on Orders screen

When I hover over a customer name, it shows me the number of previous orders from that customer. This is information I want to be able to see at a glance, instead of having to hover over each name in the list. It would let me quickly identify repeat customers vs. new customers.

Better yet, I would like to see the products ordered previously on hover or on click of the number in that column.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Schedule Automation Rules

Once the Multiple Order Combination functionality works through automation rules the ability to schedule that rule to run will be necessary. For example, if you use the API to inject orders into ShipStation as they are processing through your store, or if you are importing multiple files during the day, you will want the combine multiple items automation rule to run regularly since right now the automation rules only run on import.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change the way SS works regarding sync of info across accounts.

This is hard to explain but has to do with how SS syncs changes after they are made.

Currently, SS can track some changes and inform users in real time that something happened. For example if an order moves status, SS will pop up a box saying that orders have moved, so click here to refresh.

But other changes do not sync live. If people change notes or tags or anything else, it doesn't sync in real time.

What's worse is that when people make changes, those changes are seen on that same computer because SS caches the changes immediately. …

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to Assign Users to Specified Products

We have products being shipped by different users.
    It would be very helpful to have the ability to set up under products which user should be automatically assigned to orders on that product.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Yanky!

Thanks for trying that out.
    There’s one more alternative we can try, but I will be keeping this idea open as I do think it is a good one!

Instead of assigning this based on SKU, you can create/assign a Tag to each product you’re wanting to assign, and then use the Tag as Automation rule Criteria, and then the action should be to assign it to the preferred user. Just remember to “Apply to open orders” when you’re applying the Tags to the products.

I just tested this out and it works fine!
    Let us know how this works out for you.

13. Show OrderID (ShipStations unique identifier for every order)

We have multiple ebay channels connected to Shipstation, so we get duplicate order numbers as Shipstation is currently using eBay sales record number as order id.
    Can we get the shipstation id to show up on record because our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id to fulfill the orders

18 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Matmul, thank you for bringing this up. Can you give us some more information on what you mean by “our warehouse pulls the shipstation order id”? For example, is your warehouse using the API for a custom app you’ve built? And how does this relate to what you’re looking at in ShipStation?

Hopefully we can work on a something that’ll help you get the ball rolling so let us know here in the product feedback forum.

14. Multiple boxes via import CSV

Import orders via CSV for multiple packages for one order
    For example, I have 3 boxes to ship for one order, order #123, 4 boxes to ship for order #124, 2 boxes to ship for order #125 etc. etc.
    Each box has a different weight and dimensions
    Possible to put the different boxes in the import file per line with the different weight and dimensions for one order?
    Any easy way of doing this to save me hours of manually inputting the dimensions and weight for each box for which each order has multiple boxes to ship.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Filter with untag orders

Filter all the untag awaiting shipment orders will save us time because we process untag orders first. Without this option, we will to first select all orders and unselect all tag orders in order to get untag orders, which is not efficient.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @toyngadget thanks for bringing this up! While you can’t create a filter for untagged orders you can sort your grid by the tag column. This will sort all of your orders by untagged. You can do this by simply clicking on the word “tag” in the orders grid.

Please let us know in the product feedback forum if this helps.

16. Need "Awaiting Shipment" Folders

I would like a way to create multiple folders for orders awaiting shipment. For instance, we sell personalized and non personalized items and it would be nice if we could move one of them to a separate awaiting shipment folder to save our shipping team time. I do not want to use the "on hold" folder as that is for something else. Would like to simply have two or three "folders" for awaiting shipment that we could use to sort certain items and ship out of those folders. The tags aren't quite cutting it. Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Send user an email when order assigned

Email notifications for new orders.

When an order is assigned to a specific user, the user assigned should optionally get a notification by email.

This could be very useful for multiple warehouses and each warehouse has its own user.

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sort and Split Out of Stock items from orders based on SkuVault Inventory

We are connected to SS though Skuvault. Skuvault gives shipstation the location and qty. However in shipstation orders uploaded are all together in one status and we print them together. There is no way of sorting for orders that are out of stock so we wont print those. Need to ability to sort for in stock and print those in stock. THen sort for out of stock and put them in a out of stock status.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Combine Shipment / Don't Combine Orders

Customers with multiple orders from our various sales channels often request a single shipment.

Currently combining orders means that one order number remains and the other orders are "lost." This results in the "lost" orders being unsearchable in Shipstation.

It would better to combine the shipment instead of the orders.

This is what the customer is expecting to happen and it is a more intuitive handling of order data for users.

30 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Split Orders Status Change

Hey, We would like a way for ShipStation to auto change the status of a split order. Right now it will change the status of the orders that are shipped but if the order is split it stays as processing. It dose send a note to WooCommerces with the products that were shipped and the tracking number but it keeps the order status as processing. If it could change the order status to Split Order that would be great. That way when we are going threw the orders on WooCommerces we don't have to open them to find out why…

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base