Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Changing the default shipping time for marking orders as shipped

It would be good to be able to change the shipping time when using the "mark as shipped" function when there is no tracking information available for the shipment. Currently the default shipping times looks to be set at 3 days so this isn't accurate when using a 24hr untracked service, and therefore provides the wrong information when sending the customer and/or marketplace notifications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Empty field missing when "other" is selected

need an empty field to put shipper URL when "other" is selected as a shipping carrier. This is a big flaw as customer service has no idea who the carrier is. We should be able to paste the URL of the "other" carrier.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Paypal Sales Tax Correctly

Currently, when I import my Paypal sales, the sales tax is incorrectly listed in the "shipping" line of the SS invoice and packing slips. I have to either a. manually correct each order and move the sales tax from shipping to sales tax, or b. find a coder who can code the back end of my SS setup (which isn't shown to actually be something that is possible). This is a huge concern in terms of accounting, properly filing tax documents, and invoicing customers, as well time consuming. So far SS and Paypal are unwilling to work on the issue…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sort with batch names

Sorting with batch names would be incredibly useful.
    I'm already using tags extensively to sort through other parameters. Now I need to use batches as a sort of folder for orders that have a specific purpose/project. Would be great to sort through the different projects quickly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Export orders from batches.

Export a list of orders in a batch could be really useful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add products that i have for an order and save it so i can later see what is missing

I hope all is well. I am looking to use my scanner to verify products in an order. Specifically I would like to scan the products that i have for an order and save that data in that order. This way i can go back later to this order and can see what i have in that orders box already and what products that i do not have in that order. Also be able to export that data. Appreciate your help

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Push orders to ShipStation from Big Commerce instantly

Our store receives orders and works hard to ship the same day. Because we ship live animals we are confined to shipping Mon-Wed to avoid weekends. If an order comes in at noon on Wed and it won't push through to ShipStation for several hours we cannot ship it the same day and it waits until the following Monday. If Big Commerce orders uploaded instantly to ShipStation we could send more orders quickly and keep more customers happy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Analog count tool that changes the color of a line item to green when the quantity of one item for an order matches the number of that item

Analog count tool that changes the color of a line item to green when the quantity of one item for an order matches the number of that item. Will help track total order quantity and know what is missing. Does not require much integration but you know what items are on hand and filed for a pending order. A Column next to the quantity column that the fulfillment user can input quantities into.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Filter orders so see split orders only

I'd like to be able to sort/filter orders to see split orders only. This would help in management of orders with backordered items that can ship at a later time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customers email address + phone number on customs declaration with DHL

We get many requests from DHL asking for customers contact information around customs declaration.

It would be good to include customer contact information (mobile + email) on the customs declaration to streamline communications with customer and DHL.

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Auto-Map CSV files for manual importing

There have been times when mapping a new csv file, even with a saved map, has been a bit of a pain. There are many options to map to and since speed is of the essence in many cases I'd love to propose the idea of having an auto-mapping feature. There should be no reason the software can't see the headings and map the file properly all on its own.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show Order/Product Tags in Scan N Ship to alert on PO Boxes, ORMD products, etc.

Show Order/Product Tags in Scan N Ship to alert on PO Boxes, ORMD products, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. shipping rates overide

Allow manual input of rates per a particular shipping service.

For example, any users of Royal Mail will know they don't give a rate into shipstation for any services, however those services are largely a fixed cost. 2nd class small parcel or large letter etc.

With no rate being returned, no rate is recorded and then the reports showing shipping costs are blank and not useful.

Also for those couriers who don't support sending rates to Shipstation in the way UPS do so well, its a chance for shipstation users to sense check the cost of a shipment before making…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Automate "End Of Day" (EOD) when item hits the mail stream

Create "End Of Day" (EOD) when item hits the mail stream.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bulk import order notes from .csv file to all the existing stores

Can we have a feature to update order details such as notes using a bulk import option to already existing orders?

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Split single order with single item into multiple shipments

Split single order with single item into multiple shipments. Currently, one order must have multiple of an item or multiple items to enable splitting. However, I produce and sell an item that can be split into multiple shipments - enabling first class shipping and saving hundreds of dollars a day on labels. But there is no way to split one item across multiple shipments. For example, I make and sell pre-inflated air cushioning for packaging. I sell a 340 pack. But the dimensions exceed the new restrictions/requirements for first class package. If the item were split across two first class…

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the Ship By column malleable to meet business needs

Instead of limiting the Automation rule of setting a Ship By date after an Order date, allow for an Automation rule of setting a Ship By date before a delivery date.

We use FedEx 2Day shipping nationwide and having this will allow for any Ship By date to be easily set, helping my Operations team prioritize orders that need to get out the door.

Inherently this is asking for three tweaks: [1] add a column for delivery dates [2] change Ship By date to be a negative integer relative to a column other than Order date [3] make the Ship…

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sorting by none assigned only

Currently sorting the orders grid this way is the only way to see those orders grouped together. I do understand this is inconvenient, and adding he option to view only unassigned orders to the filter would be great! I would definitely recommend letting our developers know your thoughts on our product feedback forum

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Permission Block For Create Return Labels

We do not want our additional users to make "create return labels" on shipstation. We have different return policies. Can this be blocked when customizing the user permissions? Currently it is not a feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)