Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Comprehensive Line Item Billing Costs for Shipping

Hey folks -

We're running into an issue where the the order export file isn't picking up additional charges from Fed Ex that are being reflected in your online system.

An order is exported with a cost of: 34.60
    Shipstation online shows a cost of: 36.83

More than likely, the difference is the home delivery fee not being picked up by the order export file.

We download the file on a daily basis and post it into our local order tracking spreadsheet.

We understand that there can be a difference between what's quoted in your system and what Fed Ex…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. is there any report in reporting, where we can download and see the delivery status of a shipment ?

it would be great to have a report with delivery status of shipment. This way we can generate a weekly report and check to see if there are are some labels made but there is no status ( may be warehouse never shipped ) or shipments undelivered or lost shipment

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More specific Activity Log, sync errors ...

"An error occurred attempting to update orders: Input string was not in a correct format. "

Which input string?
    Which order number?

Super lazy error logging here guys. Is it that hard to display the input or at least the order number in question?

Now I have a 1000 to 1, needle and haystack, who-dun-it on my hands ... THANKS!

Wish me luck on my blind search!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Drew, thank you for bringing this up! We will look into this error message and how to make it more clear. In the meantime, please chat in with our folks here or open a request via our help center (help.shipstation.com) so we can dig in and help resolve the issue you’re seeing.

4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Brian, after further review, if you’re looking to project how much product you need based on trends, have you looked into the Product Highlights dashboard on the Insights page?

If you’d like more data, the Reports tab on the Insights page will also show you similar information in a table form. One report that may interest you is the “Item Demand Summary”. You can filter by order date to focus on a specific time period.

Lastly, if you’d like to know more information about the products you’ve shipped you may want to look into creating a custom formatted export from the Shipments page. Here’s more information on that: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001589587

Please let us know here back in the product feedback forum if you have other questions.

5. Please add "Shipments by Store" to the Insights Overview

Please add "Shipments by Store" to the Insights Overview. This would be a very useful for allocating per shipment fulfillment charges between stores for example.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea! We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this idea.
    For now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

6. Hide Insights Tab so my shippers can't see sales numbers

I would rather that my shippers can't see my top line sales in the Insights tab. Ideally, I'd like to be able to simply turn that tab off for certain users or set permissions for certain users.

My last shipper ended up getting fired because she was padding her hours to get paid more. I'm sure she was comparing what she thought I was "making" to what she was getting paid. If she couldn't see what I made, then I don't think there would have been a problem.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Bradley thank you for bringing this up! You can hide the Insights page from your users by editing their permissions. Go to Settings > Account > User Management.

Once there, click “edit” next to the user in question and click on the “Permissions” tab. The one you’re looking for is called “Reporting” which is located towards the bottom of the list.

Please let us know here in the product feedback forum if this helped!

7. Number of SKUs by shipper

It would be great to know how many of a particular product any of our shippers has sent. For example, with Products 1, 2, 3, and 4, I'd like to know how many of products 1 and 3 John Doe shipped last week. I'd also like to know if Jane Doe mostly ships product 4, or a mix of products.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your great idea!
    We’ll keep this in mind but would like to see more interest from other users before we pursue this new feature. If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!
    For now, others may leave their votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.

8. order report raw data

Hello. I have two questions/suggestions:

1. Is there a way to automate a Raw Data Export? We download the Orders report but need to do it manually. Ideally it would run at the end of each day (we upload it to our ERP system).

2. How is the Orders report (under Raw Data Export) sorted? We would like it to be sorted either by order number or ship date. It currently seems to be in random order. I checked with Shipstation Support and they could not figure out how it is sorted. They suggested I submit both items on this page.

Thank…

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Patricia! Thanks for taking the time to bring this up. There isn’t a way within ShipStation’s interface to automate the raw data export but you can use our API to create a process yourself.

Alternatively, have you looked into using Zapier? Depending on what kind of information you’re using from the raw data export, you may be able to create a zap to add orders (or order items) to a spreadsheet tool based on import or shipment.

Here’s where you can learn more about Zapier: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/215892308

Please let us know here in the Product Feedback forum if you have other questions or if this isn’t what you were referring to.

9. COD Shipments

It would be nice if we could still view COD shipments in a column or within the order details.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @umdistributors, thank you for bringing this up! To make sure we’re on the same page, are you looking for a way to quickly identify your COD orders?

If so, you should be able to identify these orders by opening the order details window or looking at the order in the sidebar. If you’ve selected the COD option, you should see the text “COD” below the insurance field and above the shipping rate. Please let us know here if this isn’t what you were referring to.

10. Customize Sales Dashboard and add feature to auto refresh.

Customize Sales Dashboard and add feature to auto refresh. Actually I want to use shipstation dashboard to show my team some sales data in real time. So that would be better if shipstation can add a feature to auto refresh data every minute instead of manually clicking refresh button.

9 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Customize Export Reports

We require certain information exported into excel from shipstation for our fulfillment company's manifest. All the information is available on shipstation, but there is currently no way to select specific fields and export ONLY those fields.

It's a huge time suck to format a full excel export to the right cells and view as we require, and I have tried adding the required fields into a custom view and exporting that, but not everything is available as an option (which is odd, because this is all info that you have the data for, so I don't understand why I can't…

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Victoria, thanks for bringing this up! We’d like to see other people’s thoughts and challenges with this before moving forward.

In the meantime, I’d like to see if I can help with figuring out getting the data you need out of ShipStation. I’m not 100% sure what specific fields you’re looking for, but one of our more comprehensive reports is on the reporting tab on the insights page.

Once there, scroll to the very bottom and take a look at the raw data exports. These will provide more information than the ones on the orders and shipments pages.

You may be looking for data that spans orders and shipments which is why you’re needing to string together multiple exports, but hopefully these will reduce the amount of stringing together you have to do.

12. Automated email for Reports

It would be awesome to have an option to automatically send a certain report criteria. For example the ability to automatically send and excel report of daily shipments to myself. Or a monthly report for shipping cost.

54 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Daniel, thank you for adding your idea! Are you only interested in the shipping cost report or are you looking to generate several weekly/monthly reports? Would this just be for you or for other eyes as well?

13. add "store" as a filter for item demand summary

it would be great to be able to filter the item demand report with what storefront the orders originated from as well as the filters that are already available

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Heather! Thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep this in mind if we make related updates to reports. Right now, it’s we’d like to see what other users have to say on this one before moving forward.

What kind of information are you looking for or what questions are you looking to answer with this report? The Product Sales report allows you to see your sales by store but it won’t tell you how many orders were place for each product.

14. excel format

The reporting feature is really great, but the format of exported data into excel is not. I always have to spend a few minutes editing certain export files to make it easy for me to sort columns and manipulate data.

See attachment. I always deal with extra unneeded columns and Headers to not line up with columns. It would be better to export in a CSV with no formatting for cross-platform compatibility.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @Tony, thank you for posting your idea! I looked into the excel formatted reports and found that the issue is because of the way some columns are merged. You’ll have to unmerge them for now.

How often are you pulling these reports? Please vote for or add your comments to this idea if you’re interested!

15. Ability to sort insight graphs by store

I'd like the ability to filter Shipstation's main insight graphs by store. Each of our stores represent a separate customer, and these are beautiful reports to be able to send them.

13 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @CHughey, thank you for posting your idea here! Glad to hear you like the Insights page! If we make updates to the Insights page, we’ll keep your idea in mind! For now, we’d like to see what other users think about sorting their Insights graph on a per store basis.

16. top customer reports

Top 50 customer Report

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @kahunabay, thank you for taking the time to add your idea for a customer report. Can you tell me more about what question you’re looking to solve, and what kind of information you’re primarily interested in?

17. New inventory report

Now that we can add inventory we need a new report to show
    Products sold - Sale Total - Cost - Profit Totals

22 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.
    If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

18. On time delivery report by shipment type

We recently had a few USPS hiccups where they delivered Express Mail shipments late. We would a report that tracks on time delivery by shipment type, so we can go back to the postal service (or UPS/FedEx) and request refunds where they missed their delivery commitment.

34 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, @Craig! Thank you for taking the time to bring this one up! We’ll keep it in mind when updating our reports, but for now we’d like to see what interest there is from other users before moving forward.

If you’re interested in this idea, please let us hear you! Comments count, too!

19. tophatter marketplace integration

think it would be a great idea to integrate top hatter as it is gaining a lot of customers

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. International "Customer Overview" and data drill down by State / Country.

Expand the existing "Customer Overview" page to include international orders. Create a more interactive map, allowing you to drill down on states / countries to get specific data.

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey, @dotmodshipping! Thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep this one in mind when planning future roadmaps. For now, we’d like to see your idea gain support from other users before making a decision here.

You may have noticed you’re able to run a report called “Country Comparison Report” on our Insights page under the “Reports” section. This will only give you the countries, however, can you tell us more about the goal you’re trying to achieve by drilling down into a map?

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base