Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

ShipStation’s Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is moving!

We have started the process of moving our ideas forum to a new home in the ShipStation Community.

As of August 4th, 2021, this Feedback and Fresh Ideas Forum is no longer accepting new ideas, votes, or comments. However, this forum will remain visible until shortly after the new Ideas board on the ShipStation Community goes live. After that date, this forum will no longer be visible.

If you would like to post an idea after August 4th but before the new Ideas board is live, we have created a temporary discussion board in the community for you to do so. Once our new Ideas board is live, our moderator will move all posts to their permanent home.

ShipStation has used this same forum since we released our very first version back in 2011. In that time, we’ve implemented hundreds of our users’ ideas! But, as our users and our product has evolved, we’ve realized the way we seek and manage our users’ feedback must evolve as well. Starting in September, all feedback and ideas discussions will take place in the Ideas board of the ShipStation Community

If you are not already a member of the ShipStation Community, please join! You can participate in user discussion boards, read exclusive community blog posts, earn rewards through community exclusive events, and much more. To join, go to community.shipstation.com and click the profile icon. You’ll be prompted to log in to your ShipStation account and then redirected back to the community where you can set your unique username and customize your profile (if you wish). Once registered, you can participate in any discussion on the community. 

What will happen to the existing Feedback and Fresh Ideas posts?

Unfortunately, we cannot move all ideas to the new Ideas forum. The posts we are not moving are being set to the  "Archived" status in this forum.

The posts we do move will maintain their statuses, voter count, comments, and link to the original poster. 

Posts we will move to the new Ideas board: 

• All posts in Started, Planned, and In Consideration Queue statuses.
  • Some posts in the Under Review status or with no status, based on post age, recent activity, vote count, and relevance.
  • Posts that have been set to Completed within the last 12 months.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 481 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    In consideration queue  ·  120 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automated email for Reports

It would be awesome to have an option to automatically send a certain report criteria. For example the ability to automatically send and excel report of daily shipments to myself. Or a monthly report for shipping cost.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Daniel, thank you for adding your idea! Are you only interested in the shipping cost report or are you looking to generate several weekly/monthly reports? Would this just be for you or for other eyes as well?

3. Customize Reports

I would like to be able to select the information I need on a report. Currently the information I need is spread across multiple reports, and they each contain a lot of information I don't need. I will have to download multiple reports, filter them down, and then combine them. If I could simply choose the criteria I would like to include on a report, it would save a lot of time!

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  4 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adding Custom Fields to Shipments Line Item Export

Exporting Line Item Data via the Shipments Tab is missing the Custom Fields data option

After clicking Advanced Options, Custom Fields does not pop up and this is a very general need for many people including ourselves.

We need the Custom Fields Data to be on our Shipment Line Item Export for automating our shipping process.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    In consideration queue  ·  3 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New inventory report

Now that we can add inventory we need a new report to show
    Products sold - Sale Total - Cost - Profit Totals

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for leaving your thoughts, everyone! We’ll keep this in mind; for now, please leave your votes and comments to help keep this discussion active. Being specific in how this would affect your workflow and how you’re currently doing it will help our product team to implement new features.
    If you know any other users that are interested please send them here!

6. International "Customer Overview" and data drill down by State / Country.

Expand the existing "Customer Overview" page to include international orders. Create a more interactive map, allowing you to drill down on states / countries to get specific data.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, @dotmodshipping! Thank you for taking the time to bring this up! We’ll keep this one in mind when planning future roadmaps. For now, we’d like to see your idea gain support from other users before making a decision here.

You may have noticed you’re able to run a report called “Country Comparison Report” on our Insights page under the “Reports” section. This will only give you the countries, however, can you tell us more about the goal you’re trying to achieve by drilling down into a map?

7. Option to view weight in pounds on reports instead of only ounces.

The only option for viewing weight in reports is as ounces. We do a lot of analysis based on weight and shipping method but looking at ounces instead of pounds is annoying. We LOVE the reporting functionality of ShipStation except for this one thing. Thanks!

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Customize Sales Dashboard and add feature to auto refresh.

Customize Sales Dashboard and add feature to auto refresh. Actually I want to use shipstation dashboard to show my team some sales data in real time. So that would be better if shipstation can add a feature to auto refresh data every minute instead of manually clicking refresh button.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customize Export Reports

We require certain information exported into excel from shipstation for our fulfillment company's manifest. All the information is available on shipstation, but there is currently no way to select specific fields and export ONLY those fields.

It's a huge time suck to format a full excel export to the right cells and view as we require, and I have tried adding the required fields into a custom view and exporting that, but not everything is available as an option (which is odd, because this is all info that you have the data for, so I don't understand why I can't…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey @Victoria, thanks for bringing this up! We’d like to see other people’s thoughts and challenges with this before moving forward.

In the meantime, I’d like to see if I can help with figuring out getting the data you need out of ShipStation. I’m not 100% sure what specific fields you’re looking for, but one of our more comprehensive reports is on the reporting tab on the insights page.

Once there, scroll to the very bottom and take a look at the raw data exports. These will provide more information than the ones on the orders and shipments pages.

You may be looking for data that spans orders and shipments which is why you’re needing to string together multiple exports, but hopefully these will reduce the amount of stringing together you have to do.

10. Recommend shipstation dashboard can display all stores' sales.

I recommend shipstation dashboard can display all stores' sales instead of top 5 store, so that's easy for us to see sales for each store.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Custom Reports or Exports to be pulled via API

Right now, among other things we have a custom export set to pull Shipment - Package count. We can see that info in ShipStation on the order details and also on the shipment summary tab, but that information is currently not available via Shipment API call. If that can be either added to the output or if we can somehow are able to call custom exports via API calls that will be awesome. Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to export data containing shipment dimensions for each individual package within a shipment containing multiple packages

Ability to export data containing shipment dimensions for each individual package within a shipment containing multiple packages

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Be able to report & sort by Category Reporting

You have "Reporting Categories" with NO reports? We need a way to do a report by category, I really don't see the reason to add "Reporting Categories" as a feature and then have no way to do a report even of sales that you can do/sort BY category. I wasted a lot of time thinking that reporting categories meant something.... PLEASE fix this and add the report part to this!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback!

Currently the reporting categories field appears in the Product exports CSV and the Product Sales Insights reports. But we do agree that we should extend the availability of this data beyond those two reports.

We will take this request into consideration in future product planning!

14. Average Shipping Cost by Product ID

I would like the Shipping Cost report in Insights > Reports > Shipping Cost to have an additional filter field "Product ID" so I can calculate average shipping costs for each product. Currently that report does not specify the product ID at all.

This will help sellers set prices on listings which are advertised as Free Shipping to the buyer.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Non-Integrated Carriers for Reporting

We use Shipstation to provide various reports on our usage with our carriers. Unfortunately we are limited to include only the carriers that have been integrated with Shipstation.

There are a few smaller carriers that we would like the ability to attach to orders for the purpose of reporting and future information related to those orders. It would be helpful if we had the ability to manually enter the shipping cost and tracking number into the order for future reference.

We don't need the ability to actually purchase or print the shipping label through Shipstation for these carriers...we can do…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export customers by tag

In the customers tab, there is no way to export customers. We should be able to export customers based on TAGS.

Or in the Insights > Customer Export, there should be a column for tags which we can then filter.

Or to make things easy for you to implement, make it so we can copy/paste the columns in the Customer tab. Because right now if we copy/paste, it places all the information into 1 column when pasting it back into Excel (vs keeping the columns).

I also agree with being able to tag customers from the order page (vs having…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shipping Manifest

We are a third party fulfillment processor for several companies.
    We invoice our customers based off of number of orders shipped and qty of product inside each order.

It would be nice to have the "Shipping Manifest" feature display data based on a monthly or weekly average, besides daily only.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Shipstation weekly digest Report Custom Dates

I think it would be extremely helpful to have the data within the Weekly digest email able to be created from within the Insights tab with custom dates.
    We could then have that data for a whole calendar month, not just random week information.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. godaddy

I use GoDaddy for bookkeeping and expenses. Currently, I am easily able to connect my Etsy shop for easy expense integration. I noticed ShipStation is set up to do the same with Intuit Quickbooks, but not GoDaddy Bookkeeping. It would make my life so much easier if that was available. Thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Overview Top 5 Stores

On overview tab I only able to see my top 5 stores but I have more than 5 stores. There should be an option to display my all stores on this list.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base