Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email Notification When Manual Order is Created

I realized I could create a separate store in Shipstation specifically for my manual Warranty orders. It would be amazing if you had the option to send an 'Order Created' email notification to the customer once the agent actually creates the Manual Order.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Return Email Message Template

Please extend the email templates to also work for Return Email Messages. We'd like to be able to include fields from the order/shipment for Customer Name, Order Number, etc. Similar to Shipment and Delivery notifications.

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have 4 Couriers. When my customer asks us for shipping prices we would Like to be able to export shipping prices from the shipping calcul

When our customer asks us for shipping prices we would Like to be able to export shipping prices from the shipping calculator in shipstation from all our couriers since we do not know if the customer is looking for affordable shipping, Fast shipping, or has a preferred courier it is frustrating having to copy every line everytime a customer asks for shipping price. Just On eBay we have this question asked several times a day. To have a simple way of offering this to them so they decide would save us a lot of time. We have 4 Couriers with…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add the ability to send customers the actual declared value on our custom template for our Shipment Notifications

Would like to be able to send our international customers the actual declared value of the shipped item(s) on our custom template for our Shipment Notifications. International customers need to know the declared value before attempting to take delivery - so all the values match what is on record with customs. This could be done with a similar function to the already existing "SHOWCOST" function... something like "SHOWVALUE". thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Backorder Email

It would be nice to send an automatic email to the customer when an item that they ordered was placed on back order. Or when an order is split, so that they know why only part of their order is shipping, and not the complete order.
    Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if I could customize an email template with the customers first or last name

Being able to do this adds a personal touch and the email doesn't seem so Generic

39 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. picture

Sometimes seller/buyer communication consists of Pictures. It would be great if pictures can be attached to the Customers Files in Ship Station.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. International Date Format for shipment notification Emails

Currently the date dormat for shipment notification Emails is only available in US format (mm/dd/yyyy).

We would require international date formats, e.g. we are in Australia and would require the option to report dates as dd/mm/yyyy, Europe might need dd.mm.yyyyy

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi thanks for sharing 2SL_Webstore! We’re re-opening this idea to hear more from users like yourself.

It turns out we misunderstood the original idea. The email date format is currently set to show mm/dd/yyyy and can’t be changed at the moment and the date format in settings only effects the ShipStation interface.

9. Manually add a new customer without having to import CSV file.

It would be very handy to be able to manually add a new customer without having to import a CSV file. That way the customer's information can easily be accessed and looked up when they are placing an order in the future. In addition, this would allow return shipping labels to created for items that need to come to us before being shipped back to the customer. For example, in a situation where they are sending an item to us for repair/customization/modification/etc.

25 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi guys! Thanks for your continued support of this idea. While there is not a way to manually create a new customer record, you can create a manual order and as long as it has a unique email address, this will create a new product record for this customer. This manual order can then be cancelled, merged, or even have its manual store deactivated, and regardless of these order-level actions, the customer record will still remain!

10. email recipient

Please provide a way to enter more then one email recipient for the tracking emails. If would be fine to only have one email record in the customer entry, the way you have it now, but provide optional additional recipients on the shipment page for each individual shipments. Both UPS and FedEx do this on their websites and we use it often.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Don't Send Shipment Notification Based On Conditions

Make 'Don't Send Shipment Notification' an option in filter/automation rules.

Use case:

We use Shipstation to send our catalog. Customer does not need an email notifying them their catalog is on the way. But we do want customer's email associated with their catalog shipment as customer id, so don't want to change email to an internal address and would rather than not disable notification on a shipment by shipment basis if it can be automated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Pinterest to social banners

I use Pinterest to market my business in addition to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It would be great if Pinterest could be added as an option for the social media buttons that are included in customer emails and the custom tracking pages.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve timing of delivery notification emails

Right now when an order hits someone's doorstep, they can get a delivery notification email. Only problem is this email often doesn't get sent by ShipStation until hours later. We ship chocolate, so it's important the customer knows it's been delivered so they can keep it from melting. I was excited when I saw the delivery notification email, but then found out it's almost always delayed by a number of hours.

It seems like it would be a simple fix for the development team to allow these delivery emails to be triggered immediately or even within a 15-30 minute delay.…

28 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for adding your idea to the product feedback forum! The delivery confirmation email is ideal for customer feedback/reviews or social media follows, but I understand the need for immediate updates (especially in the case of chocolate!) so this idea will remain open for discussion.

Here’s a bit more on the ideal use of the delivery confirmation emails in one of our blogs: https://www.shipstation.com/blog/inking-new-ideas/shipstation-101-branding-part-iv-delivery-emails/

If you find your delivery emails aren’t being sent at all or days later, I recommend reaching out to our support team via chat or a support request to try to identify future issues.

14. High quality/better designed default email and packing slip templates

Let's face it, the default shipment notification is very 2002....and you need a phD in responsive email HTML in order to design and code a new one. ShipStation should put some resources into designing and coding some better-designed versions that we could pick from.

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Address Book

We ship to many customers over and over again. For most of these customers, their orders get input manually. Sometimes, shipstation keeps their addresses and we just have to search their name. Other times, for whatever reason, shipstation shunts all of their information. A way to save addresses permanently would be extremely helpful.

16 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!

To clarify, are you inputting an email address on these manual orders when you are entering them? That is how manual orders’ customer records are saved.

Beyond that, you can import Customer records via a CSV record so long as a unique CustomerID is saved.

Just to clarify your ideas a bit more, what is the best alternative to this workflow that would help you guys save these records?

16. Add New Customizable, User Defined Fields for Customer Info that can show up as Columns in the Customers Page

We want to be able to collect and view additional information on our Customers.

There are many different things that many of us would like to keep tabs on.

Please give us the ability to add new customizable, user defined fields for our Customers that have the ability to show up as additional Columns in the Customers Page

14 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. option for multiple outgoing email accounts

Hi there

I understand in shipstion you can send outgoing emails to customers with automation rules, for my company it would be very beneficial if I can choose which account the email is getting sent from. In this case it would be easy once customers hit reply, it will go to the designated department.

For example:
    - I send customers emails notifying them if there item is on back order - this would be great if I can send the email directly from my shipping team
    - I send customers emails about how to exchange/return a product, and if the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey @ps2idhu, thanks for posting this! We’ll keep this one in mind when updating our email capabilities. For now, we’d like to see what other users have to say about this before moving forward.

In the meantime, have you looked into using your email client’s functionality for this? From experience, Outlook and Gmail both have rules or filters that will allow you to take specific actions based on criteria.

Here’s a link to how Gmail would handle this just to show you the concept: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/35088?hl=en&ref_topic=3394658

18. Email when order placed on hold

I would like to have an email sent to the customer when placing an order on hold, and assign that action a template that includes the Hold Until variable so they know we are holding til the date they requested.

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Eric, thanks for posting this! We’ll keep this in mind when improving our email templates and the On Hold function. For now, we’d like to see what other shippers think about this.

Please be sure to add your examples if you’re interested!

19. Rules to prevent shipment confirm email to certain customers (e.g. eBay GSP)

Certain customers shouldn't receive confirmation e-mails regarding their shipment, such as those that place orders through eBay's Global Shipping Program. eBay recommends that these customers do not receive communication from sellers regarding the shipping address and tracking number since it creates confusion when the customer sees a shipping address in Erlanger, KY.

Allow for e-mail exclusion rules in the store setup. This will allow us to exclude certain groups of customers, such as eBay GSP, from the regular e-mails that are sent.

If this is too involved, at a minimum, allow for an option in the eBay store setup to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

My apologies on being unfamiliar with GSP orders @guntap! I’ve come up with a better solution if you haven’t figured it out already. The rules are similar though, instead of saying “don’t send an email to GSP orders” it will say “only send an email to non-GSP orders”.

If you’ve followed the steps in this article to apply an order tag to your GSP orders (https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206639637) then you can create a rule that says: “Order tags do not include (your GSP tag name), use email template for…” Be sure to add this rule after/below the rule that tags your GSP orders.

You can also become more specific in case you have other stores that do not need to be affected: If store = ebay and if order tags do not include (your GSP tag)… use email template for …"

Although this isn’t an optimal solution, this will…

20. Option for Schema.org email markup (Gmail)

https://developers.google.com/gmail/markup/reference/parcel-delivery
    Allow insertion of JSON-LD schema.org markup into emails. Or at least make the necessary fields available so we can do it on our own. For example, the markup requires that the address components (street address, city, zip) are separate. Also, it would be nice to to be able to include product urls and the like.

11 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base