Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create "Verify address" button to notify customer to update their invalid addresses.

I think it will save me lots of time to not manually asking customers to update their shipping address because when shipstation systems shows that their address is invalid.

I need to manually send them an email and ask them to update their address. This takes time and customers orders sometimes is held longer because of that.

Thank you

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. new zealand

Add address validation for new Zealand with DHL, I believe DHL already offer it within the API it just needs to be utilized.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow sending Shipment Notifications to multiple email addresses

We have many many clients who want shipping notifications sent to multiple people in their organizations. Or, with some clients, we want a notification sent to both us and them.

ShipStation currently allows on email address, despite the fact that the email address field can contain at least 757 characters (I didn't feel the need to check for more than that).

All of the email systems I'm familiar with allow for multiple email addresses to be listed by using a separator, usually a comma or a semi-colon, to distinguish between unique email addresses, like this:
    "name1@company.com;name2@company.com;…

36 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Link to Big Commerce Order

BigCommerce's native "Shipped" email includes a link to the customer's order online. Can ShipStation's "Shipped" email notification include this link as well? Then we don't have to use BC's emails at all and send a single email instead of 2.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @Mary! Thanks for bringing this up. While we wait for more users to chime in here, can you tell us more about these two emails your users are receiving? What type of information is included in each email?

5. carrier shipping charges

Allow carrier shipping charges to be included in Shipment Notification emails. Very important feature for companies that provide drop-shipments.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. return

Currently when we create a manual return for a customer, it defaults to our default shipping address. However we would like it to go to a different one as it should be attentioned to a different department.

It would be smart when we create a return that it automatically defaults to that shipping address.

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Voided Shipment Emails/ Updated Tracking relayed to customer.

I would like to have the ability to set up ShipStation to generate an email that gets sent to my customers when shipments are voided.

As it is, if a change needs to be made to a shipment due to incorrect "ship from" addresses, 3rd party shipping account info, or any number of possible scenarios that are most often due to inconsistent automation rules, no information is relayed to the customer that a shipment has been voided.

If I can set up a shipment confirmation email, why can't I set up a voided shipment email?

8 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Buyer company name

Include the Buyer company name on the email template fields. Currently, the only buyer field that Shipstation holds onto would be the buyer name. I can include the buyer name on the shipment notification but you do not currently have a way to include a field replacement for the buyer company name on the email. This would be helpful for our internal email notifications, so at a glance we can see which customer an order belongs to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to require 3rd Party billing on Return Labels

The Branded Returns Page is a wonderful idea, however 99% of our returns are because of customer error. In these instances we do not offer to pay for shipping the return to us. Without the ability for us to ask for a 3rd party billing account on the return label we would have to figure our the cost and charge them on a new invoice which is a bit of a hassle.

0 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Customer entries should not need to be imported via a .CSV to be in Customer list

I am a MAC and iCloud user. I don't use CSV files. The customer section should be as simple as an address book in your smartphone. To add a customer should be liked adding a contact. Why in the world do I need to create a .CSV file to add an address for a company I ship to very often. Its an Amazon FBA warehouse. Amazon.com FBA sites do not stay in customer list after you ship to them like other customers do

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Email Notification When Manual Order is Created

I realized I could create a separate store in Shipstation specifically for my manual Warranty orders. It would be amazing if you had the option to send an 'Order Created' email notification to the customer once the agent actually creates the Manual Order.

4 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Return Email Message Template

Please extend the email templates to also work for Return Email Messages. We'd like to be able to include fields from the order/shipment for Customer Name, Order Number, etc. Similar to Shipment and Delivery notifications.

19 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We have 4 Couriers. When my customer asks us for shipping prices we would Like to be able to export shipping prices from the shipping calcul

When our customer asks us for shipping prices we would Like to be able to export shipping prices from the shipping calculator in shipstation from all our couriers since we do not know if the customer is looking for affordable shipping, Fast shipping, or has a preferred courier it is frustrating having to copy every line everytime a customer asks for shipping price. Just On eBay we have this question asked several times a day. To have a simple way of offering this to them so they decide would save us a lot of time. We have 4 Couriers with…

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add the ability to send customers the actual declared value on our custom template for our Shipment Notifications

Would like to be able to send our international customers the actual declared value of the shipped item(s) on our custom template for our Shipment Notifications. International customers need to know the declared value before attempting to take delivery - so all the values match what is on record with customs. This could be done with a similar function to the already existing "SHOWCOST" function... something like "SHOWVALUE". thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Backorder Email

It would be nice to send an automatic email to the customer when an item that they ordered was placed on back order. Or when an order is split, so that they know why only part of their order is shipping, and not the complete order.
    Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great if I could customize an email template with the customers first or last name

Being able to do this adds a personal touch and the email doesn't seem so Generic

39 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. picture

Sometimes seller/buyer communication consists of Pictures. It would be great if pictures can be attached to the Customers Files in Ship Station.

1 vote
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. International Date Format for shipment notification Emails

Currently the date dormat for shipment notification Emails is only available in US format (mm/dd/yyyy).

We would require international date formats, e.g. we are in Australia and would require the option to report dates as dd/mm/yyyy, Europe might need dd.mm.yyyyy

3 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi thanks for sharing 2SL_Webstore! We’re re-opening this idea to hear more from users like yourself.

It turns out we misunderstood the original idea. The email date format is currently set to show mm/dd/yyyy and can’t be changed at the moment and the date format in settings only effects the ShipStation interface.

19. Manually add a new customer without having to import CSV file.

It would be very handy to be able to manually add a new customer without having to import a CSV file. That way the customer's information can easily be accessed and looked up when they are placing an order in the future. In addition, this would allow return shipping labels to created for items that need to come to us before being shipped back to the customer. For example, in a situation where they are sending an item to us for repair/customization/modification/etc.

25 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi guys! Thanks for your continued support of this idea. While there is not a way to manually create a new customer record, you can create a manual order and as long as it has a unique email address, this will create a new product record for this customer. This manual order can then be cancelled, merged, or even have its manual store deactivated, and regardless of these order-level actions, the customer record will still remain!

20. email recipient

Please provide a way to enter more then one email recipient for the tracking emails. If would be fine to only have one email record in the customer entry, the way you have it now, but provide optional additional recipients on the shipment page for each individual shipments. Both UPS and FedEx do this on their websites and we use it often.

6 votes
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base