Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CONFIRMATION SMS

it will be a great idea if we were able to send shipment and delivery confirmation via text (SMS), not just emails. As you know some people still not used to emails, tthey dont use emails at all, but they can text, if we can only send shipping confirmation via SMS it will be great, i know there are other softwares that uses this, but i am surprised not to see it as one of your options.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Slack Webhook Support

Slack has a particular format that webhooks have to be in. Right now the ship station webhook does not work with slack. It would be great to have this integrated. Their standard is explained here: https://api.slack.com/incoming-webhooks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. json

We need the ability to add JSON to the email template.

For example, we have Trustpilot Automatic Feedback Service uses some JSON code in the shipment confirmation email (shipment email template), and JSON is not a language our email template supports at this time. With this, we can provide additional product and site reviews to our site's products. Company and product reviews have never been more important then they are now to get a customer to make the decision to buy for you.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sortable Customer Email List

I wish there were a way to create a customer name and email list, sortable by marketplace.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Multiple email addresses for customers -

I have several customers that would like multiple email addresses on their account. For instance, we drop ship for a distributor. They want to be notified and they want the recipient to be notified. Currently I have to do one or the other manually.

I have other customers who would like shipping notices sent to two or more email addresses as well

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Selection of email address for sending a separate notification with BCC

We are using TrustPilot to get reviews of the products people are purchasing. We need to send out a BCC to TrustPilot for them to fire a product review after the product has been received. Currently fires the BCC every time. We need to select what templates get an additional BCC sent out. Otherwise the customer will get multiple emails to review the product.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow me to add customers into address book without having to create an order or input email

I am sending out a lot of samples and it's really frustrating that I can't import my customers and have them saved if they don't have an email address. I had to import them and already create orders for them, but I don't want to categorize them like that just yet because I'm not ready to ship. It creates a lot more work on the back end and I'm almost justifying sending out all of my samples (around 200) with another carrier for ease of use and creating a better customer database.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Delivery Notifications to be Not sent for certain addresses in Automation Rules

It would be pleasant to have the ability to select certain addresses that when packages are delivered, the system automatically does not send a delivery confirmation. For instance, eBay international orders all go to a certain address in the states before being shipped internationally. The customer still receives a delivery email even tho the package is not delivered. It would be great to be able to have those customers not receive email notifications on delivery.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Branded Returns Portal Error - Customers cannot return within return window

When customers attempt to make a return well within their return window, the branded returns portal will sometimes take them to a page that says "Please contact us about your order."

Initially I was under the impression this only happened to international orders, but it happens to domestic orders as well and it makes customers think that we are trying to delay their return.

Please consider making this a high priority issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi @David CT, thanks for bringing this up! There could be a few things that are stopping your customers from making a return so for a more detailed reason why your specific order has been stopped I recommend reaching out to our folks here by going to help.shipstation.com and submitting a request.

Here’s an article that might help you figure this out as well. The limitations are listed under “A few things to note” towards the bottom of the page: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003523487

10. delivery confirmation emails

Please set your system to make a call to FedEx at regular intervals to refresh tracking data. Or at least make this an option for customers to set up. We ship perishable items but my customer sometimes don't receive delivery confirmation until days after the delivery. This is not helpful.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow editing of return email subject

Allow editing the subject of "Return" emails. This would allow us to add [Important] to the subject for Amazon return emails. This gets around the "opt out" flag and ensures the email is sent to the Amazon customer.

Currently our agents download the label and manually send an email to ensure it is delivered to the customer.

From Amazon:
    However, even if a buyer has opted out of unsolicited messages, if you need to send them a message critical to completing his or her order, you can include the word [Important] in the subject of your message

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More Field Replacement variables in email templates

Would love to have the ability to include more data into email templates, specifically Destination Country, Destination ZIP or Postal Code, list of product SKU numbers, etc.

This would be great to personalize emails.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Notification Instant or Mail Stream on Individual Orders

It would be awesome if there was a way to select "Notify when it hits the mail stream" or "Notify immediately" was an option that could be selected individually.
    We have some items that have a delay before they ship, and customers always call because the tracking number shows no movement, and other orders that ship immediately.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Facebook + Instagram ICON

For those using Shipstation in another language than English, would be useful to have the Facebook and Instagram Icon without the "Like us on...".
    This way, any spoken language can understand it and click on it to get to our social media page.
    Makes it Universal :)
    Merci !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When a shipment notification fails send an email to the seller

When the shipment notification fails on any of the four steps send an email to the seller to retry the failed steps, and also notify the seller of the cause of failure and possible ways to fix it

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. sending tracking numbers via SMS

System should send tracking numbers via SMS

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Addon Products

I need the ability to use a template tag or product selection to use in an email communication that allows me to upsell and suggest other products to purchase from the store or marketplace they bought from.

The email is already allowed to the customer since it informs them of shipment or delivery. Why not take advantage of it to suggest other products that are popular or that you want to promote.

A logical use of communication.

It would also be really helpful to have this as an option in branded pages as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. customize return label email

We would like to be able to customize the email that the return label gets attached to. Currently the body and headers of the email are not customizable.

In the FROM field the email reads:

We would like to customize the FROM email address and use an html template for the body of the email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Return Policy

The Returns Policy Section of the branded returns page only allows a 500 character limit. I'd like to either be able to increase the limit of the characters or put in a link address to be used instead of the Modal pop-up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add SQL HTML customize option for email templates

When we receive a new order there is an email generated - which allows very generic customization.
    There is NO way to customize these automatic emails so we can generate an order processing template. Simply being able to do "SKU" and "QTY" would be fantastic but this bar line with product name is in there and you can't do the most basic of SQL coding which is possible with the packing slips.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base