Custom Fields: Variety of Things
First I would agree with everyone who has already commented:
- Custom fields should have the ability to be renamed.
- Characters should be increased to at least 200, 26 is way too short.
- Ability to map should be unlimited.
The third one is my main concern. If I have a field in WooCommerce, all fields should be able to be mapped to ShipStation. This is not a difficult coding task, after all Zapier does it. So if you're not able to do it within the main system, at least allow the mapping to happen through Zapier.
Right now, Zapier only allows new orders to be entered into ShipStation from WC. That defeats the entire purpose as connecting WC to SS is already done elsewhere.
So please make these more user friendly and expand what it's currently able to do. I find it annoying that I can't connect the field I want and am limited to what ShipStation has, most of which are useless for me right now.
Greater Than Games commented
I'm less worried about naming the custom field, but the third of these especially would be amazing.
As a couple of examples:
1. We deal with one sales channel which doesn't have an address 2 field, however I can create custom checkout fields for that sales channel. If I was able to map that custom field to a custom field in ShipStation then I could solve that problem, even though it's caused by the sales channel.
2. We have a different sales channel which uses tags for orders. If I could map that to a custom field then it would suddenly be extremely useful instead of currently being useless.
These are just two examples from my specific situation. Custom mapping custom fields would solve so many problems for so many different users.