Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

Link to Big Commerce Order

BigCommerce's native "Shipped" email includes a link to the customer's order online. Can ShipStation's "Shipped" email notification include this link as well? Then we don't have to use BC's emails at all and send a single email instead of 2.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mary P shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminShipStation (Admin, ShipStation) responded  · 

Hi @Mary! Thanks for bringing this up. While we wait for more users to chime in here, can you tell us more about these two emails your users are receiving? What type of information is included in each email?

2 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminShipStation (Admin, ShipStation) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @Mary P, thank you for that update. There are a few fields that can get you most of the way there on ShipStation's shipment notification email.

- Order Total: Use [Order Total]
    - Date Placed: Use [Order Date]
    - Payment Method: You can chat in or submit a support request to add payment method to one of your custom fields for Bigcommerce. Then you can edit your template to include this custom field.

• Mary P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sure, I was going to add screenshots, but I don't see how to do that here. But the BigCommerce software "Order Shipped" notification includes the following:
    Order Total
    Date Placed
    Payment Method
    Link to View the Order on the BC Website (note it does not include a list of the items that were in the order like ShipStation does)

The ShipStation "Shipment Email" includes the following:
    Shipping Address
    Date Shipped
    Tracking Number
    Each Item Included in Order as a Separate Line Item

Neither email includes what the customer was charged for shipping. Instead of sending our customers two "incomplete" shipment notification emails, I'd like to be able to send a single one through ShipStation--because I love the link to the branded tracking pages.

Ideally, the email would include the following:
    Shipping Address
    Date Shipped
    Tracking Number
    Each Item Included in Order as a Separate Line Item
    Link to View the Order on the BC Website (note it does not include a list of the items that were in the order

Feedback and Knowledge Base