Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

Disable archive doc when print DHL label

I am using DHL and whenever I print a label, an archive document will be printed out automatically. I want a settings that can disable DHL archive doc as it is a wast of label. Since we are using Shipstation, it uses twice the amount of label and half of them now turn into garbage. Please let me disable archive doc print out in Shipstation like in Shiptheory courier settings.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kevin Le Fashion Overstock shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminShipStation (Product Owner, ShipStation) responded  · 

Currently, DHL requires the “Archive Doc/Copy” be presented to the carrier upon drop-off/pick-up of packages.
We’ve seen a lot of comments for this being a waste of labels, however it is a requirement by the carrier.
Would the consensus here be that a better option would be to have this Archive Doc/Copy print in a seperate method?
For example: Labels are printed on 4×6, and the Archive Doc could theoretically be printed on an 8.5×11?
Thanks to all of you for your comments and feedback!

7 comments

Sign in Sign in with ShipStation
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • George Hires iWalldock.com commented  · 

I was told by Shipstation tech support that this Archive Doc is provided by DHL so it is not removable from the PDF. However, I have been using Shippo for a few years and they automatically remove the Archive Doc whenever it's electronically uploaded. Obviously it is technically possible, so we should have the option to disable this document if we want. Thanks!

• Adam Lobbestael Razed in Flames commented  · 

I agree with the above. This is a waste! Please enable feature to seperate ARCHIVE DOC from the actual label!!! = Super Necessary guys... C'mon ;)

• Christian Pedersen Sena Cases commented  · 

Archive copy using DHL is forced to be printed, wasting money and product. Add more template options for an integrated label/packing list, that has real estate on that sheet for the archive copy. Wasting a very expensive integrated sheet only to be thrown away is very bad. The template would have room for the packing list, shipping label and archive copy is applicable.

• Christian Pedersen Sena Cases commented  · 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add a template for an integrated label/packing list with a third spot for the archive copy. The expense and carbon footprint of wasting an integrated label to print a worthless archive sheet we throw away is frustrating.

Feedback and Knowledge Base