Share your challenges, collaborate with others, and let us hear you!

Ability to add multiple FedEx(or other carrier) accounts

This idea has been posed at least twice before and then archived. I'm posting it again, because it would be very useful to have the ability to have 2 accounts with the same carrier. We have 2 FedEx accounts, for different purposes, yet I can only add one to ShipStation...it is problematic for our business.

http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/6074034-ability-to-add-multiple-fedex-accounts

http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/5486489-multiple-accounts-per-carrier

80 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Joe Crowther Aunt FannieJoe Crowther Aunt Fannie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  ShipStationAdminShipStation (Admin, ShipStation) responded  · 

Hello everyone!

We’re pleased to announce that multiple accounts per carrier is now live. If you would like to connect more new accounts for a given carrier, it is now supported within ShipStation,

Add new accounts as you did with your existing connection for the carrier. For additional information, follow the steps outlined in the article below:

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/222419848

26 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Street Guardian USAStreet Guardian USA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice, I wonder if this means I can add my secondary UPS NRI (Non Resident Importer) account when I ship from the USA to Canada. If so excellent! I'm going to ask my UPS rep this week and give it a try.

• forerunnerocforerunneroc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From all the comments it sounds like this would be a killer feature that would potentially change the industry and bring converts over from other platforms. I too would like to see Shipstation be able to allow separate shipping carrier accounts for separate marketplace stores. If Shipstation users have separate business/tax entities that do fulfillment at the same place, they'll need the ability to have separate shipping carrier accounts (expense accounts) associated with separate marketplace stores (income accounts). For example, I want to add a 2nd stamps.com account for exclusive use with my 2nd ebay store. That way I can have the income and expenses associated with the 2nd ebay store all isolated to a separate set of paypal , credit card, and bank accounts.

• Brian Gilliam Looking 4 The Deals LLCBrian Gilliam Looking 4 The Deals LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be VERY helpful for when I am dropshipping items for other sellers. I can simply purchase postage still with their stamps.com account and not have to stack up a shipping bill at the end of the month for specific shipments. I could easily just be charging my customer daily as I do now and then keep my same fees structures that I currently have.

Currently I do ebay bulk shipping with my dropshipping customers, and it is a disaster. I really want to be able to log into shipstation to be able to handle all of my shipment needs.

PLEASE feel free to ask me any questions about the need for multipl payment methods or other criteria.

This would GREATLY save time.

• PDShippingPDShipping commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the same shipper for different accounts. We have different carrier accounts for different locations. We ship from two different locations for Ontrac and need to be able to add multiple ontrac accounts

• Sonia Chhinji WoodlotSonia Chhinji Woodlot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were going to migrate from Shippo to ShipStation as we wanted integrate our shipping component with TradeGecko. Unfortunately a key feature missing was being able to assign multiple DHL accounts to our ShipStation account. Shippo offers this feature so for now we won't make the move as much as we'd like seamless integration. Hoping that you will resolve this soon as this feature is available elsewhere.

• Jim Boswell Rudderbows Archery LLCJim Boswell Rudderbows Archery LLC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be greatly helpful, as right now for many of our wholesale shipments we have to fulfill outside of shipstation because we use the customers account to ship so that they receive their discounted rate.

• Max WilliamsonMax Williamson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have multiple UPS accounts for our different locations. Currently we are having to use UPS World Ship for one and ShipStation for the other, as to avoid the third party billing fee. Would really like to have all of our shipping in the same place!

• Marc Pendergraft Engrave My MemoriesMarc Pendergraft Engrave My Memories commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Shipstation, for discounted rates FedEx has created 2 separate accounts for me under 1 business. 1 used for domestic shipments and another 1 with discounted international shipments. Based on the type of discount programs I have with fedex it has to be setup this way. It would be very helpful to be able to link both fedex accounts to 1 shipstation account.

• ShipStationAdminShipStation (Admin, ShipStation) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@everyone - Thank you for your updates! As you may have noticed, we've been busy at work with many great features since our last comment: customer CSV import, label without order, Inventory Management, USPS Pickup, and we still read your comments daily, so please continue to add your helpful comments and thoughts. We'll update you as soon as we have more information!

• Chris Rasco Miracle International, Inc.Chris Rasco Miracle International, Inc. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost every company we sell to asks for us to bill 3rd party their account (Fedex ground collect, and don't get me started on that not being an option), or Fedex Smartpost, which requires an account they assign us. This is urgently needed.

• IFD - FanDiego.com Fan DiegoIFD - FanDiego.com Fan Diego commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Shipstation,

We have 5 separate locations we ship out from. Multiple account #s would greatly help us for several reasons.

#1 We would be able to use "smartpickup" from each location, as each order from each showroom will ping the appropriate account to get picked up at the right location. As of now, with us only using 1 account # for 5 separate locations, only that single location with the chose account # gets smart pick up, which isn't what we need

#2 this will eliminate 3rd party billing and will save us ups's 2.5% additional charge for using the service, not sure about fed ex and what they charge

#3 also when we use 3rd party billing (I've tried auto-ruling info inside the order) we cannot see the "Actual rate." The only rate we see is the chosen accounts rate, when you use 3rd party the rate turns into a big green question mark which creates a lot of hesitance on our staffs end and also, we don't know "true costs" of the shipment until we see our bill....

• kfirla3kfirla3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need the Shipstation to work with Billing 3rd party for Fedex SmartPost as I work with Groupon and that's how they ask us to ship.

• JoshGJoshG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would also like to have the ability to host multiple UPS accounts. One for our retail and one for our wholesale operation.

• LuckyroniLuckyroni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We will unfortunate need to look for another service. It just doesn't make sense to allow multiple shipping locations but only support 1 shipping account.

• ShipStationAdminShipStation (Admin, ShipStation) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey @lbfutbol thanks for checking in! We'd like to see some more user support and real-world examples of the business challenges you folks run into by not having this option before making a decision on this one.

As for your bill to 3rd party option, it will appear in the "Other Shipping Options" section of the Order Details window when it's available for the carrier. You'll be looking for "Bill Shipping Charges to" with a drop down menu next to it that has "Third Party Account" as an option.

• lbfutbollbfutbol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where are we at with this feature? We have multiple accounts that we need to use their FedEx accounts to ship. I am also not getting the "Bill 3rd party" option. This is becoming very problematic.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base