Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add your own carriers to mark as shipped list

We use a variety of shipping and freight options that are not available as carriers in shipstation. When we choose a shipping company outside of shipstation we will come back and manually mark the order as shipped. But when we go to select the carrier we are using, they are not available so we have to select "Other".

We should be able to create CARRIERS so we don't have to select "other" for every outside shipping company. Adding new carriers would make it easier to keep track of which carrier was used instead of relying on a tracking number and…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Analytic report on repeat customers

Who are my repeat customers. What is the percentage of my repeat sales to my total sales. some times we recognize a name or address (Bright red house next to park) but if you are processing a lot of orders for that day, you just do not pay attention because there is no time.

This would help gauge what products customers like/dislike. If we launch a new product, are people buying or not liking the product, if no repeat sales.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! We are currently considering ideas for making it easier to access data about your repeat customers.

We’d like more details from our users about how they would like to see this implemented. We’ve had feedback about it within the reporting features, displaying in the orders grid, and using the data for automation triggers. We encourage everyone to continue to vote and comment on this idea with more details about what they’d like to see.

3. Allow customers to create Return Labels without prior shipments

We sell repair services online where we have our customers ship their items to us (via Return Label) and then we ship the items back to them after being repaired. It's a two-way shipping in reverse. We need to give our customers the ability to ship to us with Return Label, but your system only allows them to create Return Labels for orders that have already Shipped. Give customers the ability to ship items to vendors. This is greatly needed for online repair services and nobody supports. The shipping/fulfillment provider that finally starts to offer a solution for this will…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Be able to report & sort by Category Reporting

You have "Reporting Categories" with NO reports? We need a way to do a report by category, I really don't see the reason to add "Reporting Categories" as a feature and then have no way to do a report even of sales that you can do/sort BY category. I wasted a lot of time thinking that reporting categories meant something.... PLEASE fix this and add the report part to this!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback!

Currently the reporting categories field appears in the Product exports CSV and the Product Sales Insights reports. But we do agree that we should extend the availability of this data beyond those two reports.

We will take this request into consideration in future product planning!

5. let US based company create AU or EU labels

My company is US based and recently opened distribution centers in Europe and Australia.
    I can add more of my storage places in Australia but cannot connect to "Australia Post" , same goes to Europe.
    would have like to be able to create Australian labels from my Australian storage unit to customers same as for Europe.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Picked Up, Hand Delivered as Mark as Shipped carrier options

When I hand deliver or the customer picks up and I manually mark it as shipped, it requires me to select a carrier, so can you make a carrier in the drop-down that is "picked up" and does not request a tracking number to be put in and maybe make another carrier that is "hand-delivered" or "self-delivered" and also does not require a tracking number?

362 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    101 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback and supporting comments!

We’ve sent this feedback to our product team to consider in our 2021 roadmap.

We encourage you to continue to vote and comment on this request to let us know any details around this feature that may help you solve your specific business challenges.

7. View Sku's option instead of Descriptions

can we have option to display sku's instead of or with (Check Box or something) the descriptions. We have items with the same description. so its hard to tell what it is.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to clarify, is this about viewing item SKUs in the Sales Trends and Product Highlights Insights pages?

If so, we’ll be taking this under consideration as we plan several improvements to reporting in ShipStation in 2021.

If this request is about viewing SKUs in another part of the ShipStation UI, please clarify in a comment. Thanks!

8. We have multiple workstations fulfilling / shipping orders. We need option to restrict multiple users to see orders assigned to some else

We have thousands of orders
    5000 assigned to User 1
    5000 assigned to User 2
    10 workstations fulfilling orders - I want
    5 stations to see only orders assigned to User 1 and
    5 stations to see only orders assigned to User 2

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  User & Account Mgmt  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking at a lot of options around permissions and user management in 2021, so this feedback is very helpful. We’ll keep in consideration as we plan our user management roadmap.

We’d like some additional information, if you can provide it.

It sounds like you could need to permit or restrict viewing orders based on user, but possibly also based on workstation. Could you clarify your use case a bit here?

It also sounds like the the Assignee filter might be a possibility, if the user is an admin and can already view all orders. You would just filter by username so you could quickly see all orders assigned to that user. You could even create a custom view that saved that filter, that way you could easily just click on the view anytime you wanted to view orders that matched that filter. Review…

9. Rate Calculator on V3 Scan and Verify Label Creator

The biggest game changer in V3 is the Scan and Verify feature. This alone is helping us to make the decision to stay with SS after making the decision to leave because this feature is so crucial to eliminating misshiped orders.

Just one down side, the ability to check rates in real time is no longer available during label creation in the Scan and Verify screen and that feature alone is priceless.

I have attached two images displaying how V2 has the option during label creation and how V3 does not have that option in the same checkout process.

Until…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Shipping Cost report - sort by order tags

I'd love to be able to run a report that showed what customers paid toward shipping vs the actual cost, and then be able to sort that report by the order tags associated with each order.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Shipping Cost report in Insights > Reports does provide a prebuilt report to show the difference between what a customer paid for their shipping and what the actual cost you paid as the shipper.

This report does not include order tags, though, and there is not a way to customize this particular report to include them.

Take a look at the Shipping Cost report in the Shipments section of our Insights Reports help article to see what fields are included in the report (when exporting to Excel or CSV, you could then do some customizations to allow for sorting by any of the available fields).

Insights Reports > Shipments: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026158191-Insights-Reports#UUID-b34c3b96-3d8d-4c28-a63c-e03c9fa14f4e

Our product team is looking at all of the feedback around reporting as we plan for 2021. Improving reporting is definitely something we’d like to prioritize. We’ll keep the sort-by-tag idea in consideration.

If you have a moment,…

11. It would be helpful if it showed which user and what time an order's packing slip, order summary, or pick list were printed.

It would be helpful if it showed which user and what time an order's packing slip, order summary, or pick list were printed in the order history

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Some of this you can currently do. If you hover your cursor over the Label Printed or Packing Slip printed icon on the Shipments grid, we do show the date and time that occurred. But we don’t yet show which user did it.

We’ll take this into consideration when we do our next round of product roadmap planning.

12. Report Shipments by master SKU instead of Alias SKU

We would like to be able to run reports by master SKU.

We use many aliases under 1 master SKU. sometimes up to 15 aliases per SKU. We have about 500 master SKUs. Sometimes we don't want to see all that data.

We run this report most often:
    Shipments > Shipped Items > A list of items shipped during a specified date range summarized by SKU.

We would love to be able to run this report by the master SKU instead of seeing every alias in the report.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Package Size Drop Down for Multiple Package UPS shipments

Allow Package Size Drop Down for Multiple Package UPS shipments.

As soon as you enter 'Ship Multiple Package' you lose the ability to select packages from a dropdown.

Entering box dimensions for 35 boxes is cumbersome. Especially if I only have 4 different box sized.

No Shipstation, package sets do not solve this problem.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If statements for saved order views

You should be able to use if/and/or/but statements for saved order views. For instance an order view with if tag A exists on order but not tag B

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. User Activity log report

I would like to see an Activity Log Report by User. Currently, to see the full spectrum of what a user has been doing in ShipStation, I have to go to User Management - Edit - Activity and continuously scroll and "Load More", but that only shows me some data. To see more, I would have to go to the Order's screen and search Activity under each individual order. I would like for all activity by a User to be available to me in a Report for accountability purposes with time stamps.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Average Shipping Cost by Product ID

I would like the Shipping Cost report in Insights > Reports > Shipping Cost to have an additional filter field "Product ID" so I can calculate average shipping costs for each product. Currently that report does not specify the product ID at all.

This will help sellers set prices on listings which are advertised as Free Shipping to the buyer.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Insights & Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automate orders that have already been imported.

We have some orders that are picked up in store. For these orders, we'd like to make a rule that after the order has been open for X days (and the customer hasn't picked up), it sends us an email reminder to refund the customer and cancel the order.

I've managed to make an automation rule that does exactly that, but it will only process on the orders as they are being imported, which makes it useless in these kinds of situations.

It would be great if there was a way to automate orders that have already been imported.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently considering many requests about improving and expanding automation in ShipStation. The current functionality for automation rules is that they only run on orders when the order imports (an order import is the trigger for all automation rules). The only other way to trigger is with the Reprocess button.

One issue with this particular request is that ShipStation does not sync with the selling channel when orders are cancelled in ShipStation – so having an automation like this could potentially cause ShipStation and your selling channel to get out of sync unless you manually also cancel the order in your selling channel. We would actually recommend checking with your selling channel to see if they have automation that could accomplish this on the store side. Any orders cancelled in your selling channel would be updated in ShipStation the next time you refreshed your…

18. Is there a way to charge the customer for the return label?

Is there a way to charge the customer for the return label so that we are not paying for every return label? This would especially be good if the customer is returning due to their own error or because they just changed their mind instead of us paying for every single return label?

157 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Returns Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all your feedback.

This idea is under consideration as we look at ways to improve the Branded Returns Portal. We are still seeking feedback on what the ideal experience would be, both from the merchant perspective as well as from your customer perspective. Please feel free to leave additional comments with your thoughts about how you’d like to see this implemented.

19. Only Import Unfulfilled Items

Currently all items are brought into ShipStation regardless of whether or not they are already fulfilled on Shopify. We often issue refunds immediately following a customer purchase due to customer error, at which point we mark the item as fulfilled in Shopify to prevent us from shipping product that has been refunded.

ShipStation shows all items on an order regardless of if they are fulfilled on Shopify or not, and prints them all on the packing slip. Even 'Syncing' after order changes does not correct this. I have to imagine others must be facing this issue and running the risk…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lock packer to "Ship From" location

We would like to lock packers via admin setting to a warehouse location so that packer will not have to constantly use a drop down menu on order detail page to choose his location.

This feature should be beneficial to any SS user where there is more than 1 warehouse.

I.e. David the packer is located in NY, so upon creation of his account by admin we will choose a default warehouse for David - Warehouse NY.

Then anytime David will be logged into the system "Ship From" location will be preselected and locked for David.

If David moves to…

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base