Product Feedback & Fresh Ideas

Discuss your business challenges with other users and come up with new ideas to get ship done.
Be sure to include real-world examples and scenarios.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

ShipStation in a shipping platform meant to create labels and manage fulfillments for orders from selling channels. So, it wasn’t designed as a solution to ship one-off packages.

However, our sister company, ShipEngine, recently released a way to do this that is super simple! Check out https://www.shippenguin.com/

Other alternatives, of course, include the USPS website or creating a Stamps.com account. Hope this helps!

2. Add apply changes to all items on product page

Add apply changes to all items on product page

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Due to lack of activity on this post, we are setting it to declined so you can have your votes back.

If you’d like to resubmit this request in the future, please provide details about what you are hoping to accomplish and the business challenge it would help you solve, to provide some context for understanding the request.

3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Due to the migration of Square Online Stores to the Weebly platform, ShipStation (and other 3rd party application) can no longer integrate with Square marketplace. ShipStation has never integrated with the Square POS system.

Please review our Square Online Store help article for details and instructions on how to continue to import your Square orders into ShipStation.

4. stamps

The issue I am having is printing postage, not labels. I purchased a roll for postage (Netstamps) from stamps.com and I wanted to print a bunch at one time so I do not have to change the roll in my thermal printer from labels to stamps each time I need a stamp. It seems excessive / wasteful to print a full label for a small letter when I just need postage. Is anyone else having the same issues?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a new order status for allocated orders

It would be great to introduce a new order status before Awaiting Shipment' called 'Waiting for Stock' or 'Back Order'.

At the moment we have a custom Magento status called 'readytopick' for orders we can ship. Orders in 'processing' have not had stock allocated to them using our ERP so are not ready to ship.

We only bring orders that have the status 'readytoship' into Shipstation so we can't see all orders where we don't have the stock.

It would be great if we could set an order status for backorder and an order status for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback.

At this time we have no plans to change the available order statuses in ShipStation. However, since you are using Magento, you could do a few things to help with your workflow.

You could map other order statuses to import into ShipStation’s On Hold status. Or, you could import the orders into Awaiting Shipment and then use tags to label the orders and batches to sequester the orders until you are ready to ship them. You can create as many batches as you need and name them whatever you wish to aid in your workflow.

Review our help articles about using tags and batches to learn about these features:

Order Tags: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026156931-Order-Tags

Batches: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035969752-Create-Labels-With-Batches

6. Shipping Label Editor (aka PDF Editor)

There are some very specific customizations asked by ShipStation users that require editing the actual Label slightly, but such tasks are not available in ShipStation--like I think I read one request to attach a a barcode to a shipping label, another wanted customized looking labels, etc. While these are all very different tasks, a way for a client to change these (albeit in a very sluggish way) would be to allow the client to just copy & paste, or paint, or etc etc the PDF document in ShipStation itself.

In essance, it would be including https://www.PDFPRO.CO/ or CANVA.COM into ShipStation.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback!

While it would be great to have a label customization option like this, ShipStation doesn’t actually determine the style or design of the labels. Each carrier has strict label requirements for the layout and design of their specific labels and they will not accept labels that fall outside of these specs.

In fact, in almost all cases, ShipStation does not actually generate labels. We send the label data to the carrier via their API and they return the actual label file to us. (There are a few exceptions, but in those cases we are required by the carrier to generate a label that meets their label specifications)

Since we cannot accommodate this request, we are setting this idea to Declined so you can have your votes back to give to other ideas.

7. Printing stamps

It would be nice to be able to print stamps on sticker sheets of paper for 50 cents instead of 55 cents. Can this be done?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting your request.

At this time, there are no plans to add this option to ShipStation. This is not just a technical limitation, but a logistical one as the printing of postage stamps (as opposed to pre-paid postal labels) is tightly managed by the USPS.

8. Envelope printing template customization

What would be nice, if you could pass it along, would be to enable customized templates for printing onto envelopes. For instance, we have custom-branded envelopes with our return address area pre-printed with our logo and address. We'd like to *only print shipping address and postage on those envelopes. It seems like an easy toggle, but you guys don't allow it. Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback.

We’ve set this to declined since this feature is not going to be considered for our product roadmap. Your votes will be returned to you so you can use them to support other ideas.

9. purchase order

See below: Purchase Order Numbers are not an option allowed to be added to Label Messages. This FAQ from ShipStation explicity states it as an option. I used to have PO #s on labels and need this function for wholesale accounts as they sometimes go to warehouses where there are multiple Purchase Orders. I am using UPS, FedEx, and USPS which all allow label messages.

A:Labels and Postage FAQ - How do I add a SKU or PO Number to a label?
    To add information like item SKU, order number, or PO Number to a label, use ShipStation's Label Messages…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While PO #’s are not a field replacement that is available for label messages, if your selling channel sends a PO # you may be able to map it to one of your Custom Fields, which you can then assign to one of your label messages by adding that “Custom Field” as the field replacement for your label message.

Squarespace and a few other stores allow us to map the PO number to a custom field automatically, but you do have to contact support to enable this for you. Just let them know which custom field you’d like the PO # mapped to (1, 2, or 3) and all future orders will ipmort with the PO # in that custom field. Then set the desire label message to use that Custom Field.

If you use a selling channel that does not send the PO number,…

10. Option to "Pin" orders to top of group/orders list, in awaiting shipment.

I want to be able to pin any orders that I need to go back to, so that they remain at the top of the awaiting shipment list, regardless of how the orders are sorted.

Currently I am using a tag to do this, but I change my sort order frequently so it's easy to forget that I have orders that need attention when the only option is to assign a tag to TRY to keep orders at the top. Not to mention I am using more tags than I would like to.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are setting this idea to “Declined” because we have 2 ways to address the problem you are trying to solve.

1. Since you are already using tags, you should consider using “Custom Views”. When using ShipStation’s new layout (formerly called V3) a custom view creates a tab at the top of your grid that shows only the orders that match the filter you used to creat the view. So instead of “pinning” these orders to the top of the grid list, you would just click the tab those orders are listed in. Review this article about creating custom views to learn how: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045864791-Create-Custom-Views

2. Another option would be to use Batching instead of tags and custom views. Think of a batch as a bucket or folder you can put specific kinds of orders in. You can give the batch a custom name as well,…

11. Taking a picture of out going order

Many times, I send multiple items out in one package and occasionally I get customers that say they didn't receive it . In most cases I concur that I may may missed an item, but others I suspect they are fibbing. Id like to have the ability of snapping a picture of the items I am sending prior to packing. Perhaps, there could be a button on the order screen that snaps a picture / small video clip of the products being shipped. This picture can either be sent to the customer or kept private. If its sent my the…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Shipment Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Automate Allocation

We would love a way to be able to automate allocation. We often set up large pre-orders of products, and we'd like a way to be able to set a stock level and automatically allocate orders that we place on hold, so that we can automatically keep track of how many products we've sold. This will allow us, and other companies like us, to fulfill our promise to customers to provide product by making sure we don't over-sell the pre-ordered product.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Product Records  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion.

At this time we don’t have plans to change how allocation works with our On Hold status as that would require changing the purpose and intended use of the On Hold status in ShipStation.

However, we believe we can offer another solution that can help you achieve your ultimate goal here.

Instead of putting orders that you have stock for on hold, keep them in the Awaiting Shipment status and create a custom view using a filter for either the specific items/SKUs you want to allocate, or create a hold tag you can use to tag the orders with and then filter by the tag instead.

Review our articles about these features if you are unfamiliar with them:

Filter Orders: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035969712-Filter-Orders

Create Custom Views: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045864791-Create-Custom-Views

Order Tags: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026156931-Order-Tags

By creating a custom view, you can quickly see which orders match the order filter. By keeping…

13. allocate where I want the inventory to be deducted from because I have multiple locations within the same wharehouse

many warehouses have the same product in more than one location. The inventory allows for me to add them to ship station that way. However, we have "shipping shelves" that has open boxes where the workers can grab just one to ship, I need to be able to specify WHERE I want the product to come from out of in my inventory counts. Currently it is just set up to come from whatever is entered first

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ShipStation’s inventory allocates and deducts on FIFO method.

We are considering prioritizing Inventory Warehouses or sources. IE allocate from Warehouse 1 first, then from Warehouse 2. Manual selection is not being considered.

14. Add Klaviyo Integration

Add Klaviyo as a supported integration like you have done for Mailchimp.

96 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Need no quota count/free in store pickup "ship" option for my sales that customers pick up from me

I have customers who order online and select free in store pickup (or local delivery via me in my car) which isn't shipped by any carrier, however these orders are stacking up in my ShipStation program as unprocessed orders. Currently the only way to clear them is to either delete the order (thereby creating mismatching records between ShipStation and my commerce software records) or mark them as shipped other and get dinged on my monthly quota. Neither of which is accurate for record keeping purposes, and certainly not fair in so far as ShipStations role as my shipping manager (these…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Order Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback.

We are setting this post to declined primarily because at this time there are no plans to make “Mark as Shipped” orders not count against your shipment limit. This is because when using mark as shipped, even though you are not creating a label ShipStation still sends a marketplace notification (and possibly a customer notification, depending on your settings), as well as provides other reporting features for these types of fulfillment records.

However, for the other part of your request – adding an “In person pickup” option to the mark as shipped service drop down – this is actually an idea that is under consideration. By setting this post to “declined” we are also giving you your votes back so you can add them to a post that is requesting this specific option: http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429/suggestions/36277777

16. Uniquely identify inventory by product name rather than sku.

Currently when I try to import my products into the inventory section it will only import one product if multiple items share the same sku. You can set it up so that the product page uniquely identifies each item by listing name, but for the inventory you can not. We use the sku mostly as a way to locate the item, not to uniquely identify it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. quickbooks desktop sync

Quickbooks Desktop versions... we have a large inventory of skus and quickbooks online is not versatile enough for us. we need an integration for desktop versions.

Specifically, (and nearly every provider is missing this) we need to be able to map income accounts depending on how they were paid for in order to accurately account for where our funds are and how they move. for example:

we have 3 channels, amazon, ebay and 3dcart.

Amazon orders should map to our Amazon "Bank Account"
    Ebay orders should map to our PayPal "Bank Account"
    3Dcart (and this is the hard one) orders…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable Amazon Shipping API for all eligible Amazon Shipments.

Amazon offers shipping through an API for Domestic and some International destinations.

Using the Amazon Shipping API comes with the benefit of Amazon taking responsibility for item not received cases, saving sellers money due to non-delivery claims.

206 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently do not have plans to enable the Amazon Buy API for use with non-prime Amazon orders.

We may revisit this decision in the future. We’re closing this post so you can have your votes back.

Thank you for your input.

19. Print on an envelope

Hi Guys,It seems like it should be obvious, but - why can't ShipStation print on an envelope? You actually give me envelope-formatted postage with address and return address, but... you force me to print it as 4 x 6 which looks ridiculous. See attached picture. It seems like it would be a simple change to add a new print size, or even allow arbitrary print sizes. Seems like an unnecessary constraint to force all labels to be one of two size.Attached file shows how silly envelope postage looks printed from ShipStation.

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Printing & Documents  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’ve set this to declined since this feature is not going to be considered for our product roadmap. Your votes will be returned to you so you can use them to support other ideas.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base